Author Topic: the "when will Jeff Green score 20 in a game" thread...  (Read 9062 times)

Re: the "when will Jeff Green score 20 in a game" thread...
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Haven't read through all the rips of my post, though I'd hope bloggers could take some of these topics and threads just a touch less seriously.

That being said, and joking aside -- Green's scoring and shooting percentage, as well as the intensity and consistency, have improved.It's terrific to see. My point about Faried would be my next hope for Green -- rebounding. 

I'd like to change this thread title to "when will Jeff Green net 10 rebounds in a game" thread (can a mod help me with that?).

Green has no double doubles this season, and has yet to crack the 10 rebound mark. It borders on embarrassing to watch him jump up and down in the paint with his arms at his side instead of looking for his man and sealing him off.

Jeff Green should be able to rebound. If Rondo can get 10 every 2-3 games, so can Jeff. 

I'm sure he reads the blog -- like all Celtics other than Garnett -- so I put it to you, Jeff... do it for pride, do it for money (those incentives in your contract), do it for the team... box out, baby!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:45:37 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »

Offline tyrone biggums

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
Tonight, he's going to go off...knows he might be dealt. If he doesn't want to leave then he's going to go off.

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I've really like what I've seen from Green lately in terms  of scoring, steals, blocks and overall hustle. However, it irks me that he doesn't rebound better. four rebounds in 30 minutes isn't enough, IMO. Last night he had two in 33.

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2013, 03:18:48 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
bumping this one.  ;D

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2013, 03:43:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Haven't read through all the rips of my post, though I'd hope bloggers could take some of these topics and threads just a touch less seriously.

That being said, and joking aside -- Green's scoring and shooting percentage, as well as the intensity and consistency, have improved.It's terrific to see. My point about Faried would be my next hope for Green -- rebounding. 

I'd like to change this thread title to "when will Jeff Green net 10 rebounds in a game" thread (can a mod help me with that?).

Green has no double doubles this season, and has yet to crack the 10 rebound mark. It borders on embarrassing to watch him jump up and down in the paint with his arms at his side instead of looking for his man and sealing him off.

Jeff Green should be able to rebound. If Rondo can get 10 every 2-3 games, so can Jeff. 

I'm sure he reads the blog -- like all Celtics other than Garnett -- so I put it to you, Jeff... do it for pride, do it for money (those incentives in your contract), do it for the team... box out, baby!!

A touch hypocritical.

You met one of my non-serious threads about shavlik with mild pomposity.

Rebounding is a skill that only some have. You don't go out there playing the best league in the world and just choose to grab 10 rebounds. You have to have a combination of the desire, body positioning, anticipation, and timing to pull it off. Rondo is brilliant at reading the game and noone boxes him out. Jeff green struggles with timing his jumps and choosing the right foot to jump off, does not have Rondo's gamesense, and has people boxing him out (especially when he plays the 4 position). It's pretty easy to figure out why Rondo can get higher rebound games than jeff. Saying someone should be able to get 10 rebounds because this ridiculously talented, lanky point guard can on occasion is a pretty weak criticism.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:56:10 AM by jdz101 »

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
this thread is so disgusting man.

« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2013, 12:32:10 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Jeff Green will score twenty most nights we bother to play up tempo. I bet he has an easier time once he gets comfortable with Rajon Rondo coming back next year.
The beatings will continue until morale improves