Author Topic: the "when will Jeff Green score 20 in a game" thread...  (Read 9063 times)

Re: the "when will Jeff Green score 20 in a game" thread...
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 09:57:08 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Jeff Green's per minute averages are about the same as they have always been.  He's actually pretty darn consistent.  He's the 3rd best player on this team now... and unfortunately he's playing backup to our 2nd best player.  His last 5 games have been fantastic, though.  SHooting incredibly well.  He deserves a ton of credit.  He's living up to all of my expectations.

He's actually averaging nearly 50% in 2013 from the field, above 50% in the last 9.

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 09:59:31 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Jeff Green's per minute averages are about the same as they have always been.  He's actually pretty darn consistent.  He's the 3rd best player on this team now... and unfortunately he's playing backup to our 2nd best player.  His last 5 games have been fantastic, though.  SHooting incredibly well.  He deserves a ton of credit.  He's living up to all of my expectations.
I agree that he is probably the third best player on the team right now (I would say him or Bradley). Do you know a site that has his per 36 numbers since Rondo went down? They have to be better than his career averages. I think if he continues this he will exceed them this year and in the future.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Green is so unique......he looks and plays west coast , smooth and precise.  Celtics to me have been traditionally ....tuff, rigid ,overachievers,    Sully if the mold perfect,   Green looks like a basketball god.   

Nice to have the Cadillac.  for once   :D

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 09:19:09 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

I'm the ultimate Green fan, but I don't even think he's the third best. :\

statistically he is with Rondo and Sully out. He was our 4th best scorer with Rondo...

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I don't know if someone already said this, but I think the answer to the thread question is tonight. Pierce and Garnett really need rest, and we don't have a lot of depth behind either guy right now; that means 35 minutes for Green if he's up to it.

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:14 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
He is going for 20+ tonight against the bobcats, I expect a lot of minutes for the young guy, love his play of late and his defense is improving every match!

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 10:10:06 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I'm the ultimate Green fan, but I don't even think he's the third best. :\

statistically he is with Rondo and Sully out. He was our 4th best scorer with Rondo...

How could he not be?

1a Pierce
1b KG (take your pick here)

3. Green
4. Terry

5. Bradley
6. Lee
7. Barbosa

8. Bass
9. Wilcox
10. Collins
11. Melo

I would even be tempted to put Lee in front of Bradley currently...Bradley has been god awful on the offensive end a majority of the time.

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 10:55:39 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
As the OP of this thread, I want to be the first to congratulate Jeff Green for finally reaching the 20 point mark in NBA game this season. Good goin', Jeff!

And 20 right on the number. Too bad you demonstrated an allergic reaction to boxing out Faried in the 4th -- which basically cost us the game -- but hey, baby steps....

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 11:01:59 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I don't care if he plays as great of D as he has been and has been scoring efficiently.

I'll take the 20 but it isn't required.

First we weren't happy when he wouldn't score 10.  Then 20.  Eh.  Tiring.

As the OP of this thread, I want to be the first to congratulate Jeff Green for finally reaching the 20 point mark in NBA game this season. Good goin', Jeff!

And 20 right on the number. Too bad you demonstrated an allergic reaction to boxing out Faried in the 4th -- which basically cost us the game -- but hey, baby steps....

Yeah and he didn't carry us with big plays on offense and defense at the end of the game.  Gloss over that.

And yeah Faried didn't kill our whole team on the boards.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 11:04:12 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Baby steps. Maybe when you morph into LeBron James, sspense will finally be happy.

But the salary will still be a "buzzkill", I guess.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Baby steps. Maybe when you morph into LeBron James, sspense will finally be happy.

No one is expecting him to be LeBron James.  How dare anyone have an opinion of Jeff Green that doesn't agree with yours.  Overreact much?

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

No one is expecting LeBron James.  Overreact much?
I don't know what the OP is expecting. Apparently, regular 20 points off the bench, playing like a 250 lbs PF, maybe something else that will come up later.

Maybe you should direct the "overreact much" part to him.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 11:20:27 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

I don't know what the OP is expecting. Apparently, regular 20 points off the bench, playing like a 250 lbs PF, maybe something else that will come up later.

Nope, directed at the right place.

He's probably hoping for a bit more consistency.  Check out Green's game log.  There are plenty of games there in the single digits.  Plenty below 5 points even.  Hoping for more consistency isn't asking for LeBron James.

And while I don't share the Faried criticism, Jeff Green is 235 lbs.  Asking him to box out someone 15 pounds heavier once isn't all that unreasonable.

He isn't asking for LeBron.  The NBA has a wide range of players at a wide range of skill levels and a wide range of consistency levels.  There are other ways to make a point beyond sarcasm and extreme hyperbole, FYI.  Once again, overreact much?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:26:57 AM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

He's probably hoping for a bit more consistency.  Check out Green's game log.  There are plenty of games there in the single digits.  Plenty below 5 points even.  Hoping for more consistency isn't asking for LeBron James.

And while I don't share the Faried criticism, Jeff Green is 235 lbs.  Asking him to box out someone 15 pounds heavier once isn't all that unreasonable.

He isn't asking for LeBron.  The NBA has a wide range of players at a wide range of skill levels and a wide range of consistency levels.  There are other ways to make a point beyond sarcasm and extreme hyperbole, FYI.  Once again, overreact much?

Consistency. Green is averaging 16.4 points in his last 5 games along with making clutch shots and defensive stops. He's becoming the player people were hoping he would be, right around the time doctors predicted he would fully return to form after his heart surgery.  I don't know how people can still be unhappy with Green right now. Faried does one thing well, which is rebounding. During the 4th quarter last night, Green was not the one who cost us the game, he was the only player who was scoring consistently. Pierce and to a lesser extent a tired KG cost us the game with the poor shots they put up down the stretch instead of trusting Bradley and Green to score.

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

He isn't asking for LeBron.  Once again, overreact much?
Green was listed at 235 lbs before the surgery. There's no telling what he weighs right now (but he did report losing weight after the surgery, and expected this to help him play the SF spot better). Did he look like he had the same bulk as Farried (who is listed at 230 lbs, by the way). There's a reason why the team only considers Green a situational PF.

As for consistency: I advise you to find the most recent article on Jeff Green, where it's explained how recovery from his surgery can take as much as two years, and part of the recovery issues include occasional bouts of fatigue/exhaustion.

Also, if the OP really is concerned about consistency, then he should be singing Green praises for more than a month now. But somehow I don't think this is the issue here.