Author Topic: the "when will Jeff Green score 20 in a game" thread...  (Read 9071 times)

the "when will Jeff Green score 20 in a game" thread...
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:28:07 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Could if be tonight? Or will he pull another "Ole" at halftime?

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: the "when will Jeff Green score 20 in a game" thread...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:46:45 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
The uptempo game is Green's best friend. If the game stays fast, Green could get 20 this game.

He could also score nothing this half... who knows

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:35 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Tonight

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Looks like it could be tonight.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Jeff Green: zero points after the 3rd quarter. Ole!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 10:25:26 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
When he starts.

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 10:25:38 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
When doc gives him consistent first AND second half minutes. He played great in the first half...so.... Lets hardly give him minutes and not run any plays for him in the second half!! Sounds great doc!

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 10:32:40 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
When doc gives him consistent first AND second half minutes. He played great in the first half...so.... Lets hardly give him minutes and not run any plays for him in the second half!! Sounds great doc!

You know, my first reaction was "he didn't get many minutes in the second half", as well.

However, I think we were fooled because Green was pretty invisible out there.  He played a 7:10 stretch in the third quarter, another 7:01 in the fourth, and 3:19 in overtime.

In those 17.5 minutes, he produced four points on 1-for-3 shooting.  I'm not sure it's fair to blame Doc for that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 10:45:21 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

You know, my first reaction was "he didn't get many minutes in the second half", as well.

However, I think we were fooled because Green was pretty invisible out there.  He played a 7:10 stretch in the third quarter, another 7:01 in the fourth, and 3:19 in overtime.

In those 17.5 minutes, he produced four points on 1-for-3 shooting.  I'm not sure it's fair to blame Doc for that.

Haha its funny because i wrote that off my first reaction...Thought about it...And was like well wait, wasn't he in our lineup most of the second half?

So, I'm not sure its fair either but they could have certainly ran more plays for him when he was having a good game and Pierce was not.

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 11:14:33 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Haha its funny because i wrote that off my first reaction...Thought about it...And was like well wait, wasn't he in our lineup most of the second half?

So, I'm not sure its fair either but they could have certainly ran more plays for him when he was having a good game and Pierce was not.

This "running more plays" thing certainly has some effect, but I think it's nowhere near the impact people make it out to be. "Not running plays" for someone simply cannot turn an All-Star into a 9th man, which is what many are claiming is happening. Maybe it could in the very specific circumstance of a 1 dimensional catch-and-shoot off of screens type of player in that if you never run that play that player may not show up. But Green is not that kind of player. Even if plays aren't being run for him, he needs to grab rebounds, etc.

Also, I just don't believe we're not running plays for him. Everyone: players, Doc, etc. all are saying they want Green to be more aggressive. Simply, he is not running plays for himself. He's not grabbing boars for putbacks. He's not making cuts off the ball to get open. When he touches the ball, he isn't making plays happen, even though EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING THEY WANT HIM TO.

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 11:20:15 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
 Keep reading  that Green was white hot last night and see tons of complaints about minutes. He played 30 minutes. He had 13 points in th first half, and as expected, disappeared in the second half and OT, with 4 points in 17 minutes. He played well and should have gotten more minutes, but his inconsistency continues.

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 11:24:43 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I'd still like to see them put Green in the starting lineup and actually run some plays for him so we can find out exactly what we're stuck with for 3 and a half more seasons at 9 mill a year.  What's the alternative?  Continue to suck with Pierce whose legs are clearly gone proving nightly that his days as an all star caliber player (and maybe an NBA starter) are done?

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 11:26:54 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I just don't like how he plays. I mean he's good when he is on, but it's just not sustainable. If he's scorching hot he'll score 15 its. If he isn't he disappears for games at a time. He looks like he doesn't care. I mean I know it's just body language, but we kill other athletes for it, so....

I really pull for this guy but I'm just not seeing it.

He also doesn't have any touch. He's just a big athlete who 'should be' good.

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
so in the 17 minutes he played in second half and overtime he had 3 shots
i'll spread the blame around on that, 3 shots the fault is green's, rondo's and doc's

green is a matchup problem for most teams why aren't we putting him on the block against opposing sf and running him on the break? he got easy baskets last night when he was filling lanes

to add to the problem, paul 4-13 with subpar defense and turnovers
i think unless green is still slowly being given more minutes due to heart he should be starting and give paul a rest
pierce hasn't looked good in awhile and he puts in 40 minutes last night

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 11:45:10 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Preseason?   :P

The last time Jeff Green scored 20 points in the regular season it took him 47 minutes against the Washington Wizards.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale