Author Topic: *** The Bash Pierce Thread ***  (Read 1369 times)

*** The Bash Pierce Thread ***
« on: January 25, 2013, 05:54:14 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Lol, get use to these headers :P

There's two different Paul's

There's Vintage Paul who will light you up and put on skates with his footwork. (makes me wanna keep his jersey)

Then there's Desperate Paul. And I've seen desperation too much from him. He wants to force his Vintage to come out and it doesn't always show up. So he chucks up shots. Doesn't pass the ball. And tries to do spin moves and fancy feet and he tries to draw the vet fouls and it just gets tiring.

I want Vintage Paul to take that shot any night. But last night Paul DID decide to be more of a captain and acknowledge his flaws in the second half. He passed the ball much more. Lots more ball movement. But I think in that, he got too caught up with being a 'decoy' and lost focus and/or confidence. He didn't take that wide open shot (which I understand why he didn't) and he had those last moment lapses and fumbles.

He has to be better at distinguishing between his two personalities and how to help his team better. But, he is the captain. And in clutch moments, he has to be that.

Our new go to? Rondo
He made the last 6 points last night. And we kept getting stops when we got within 2 and all of a sudden Rondo didn't want to hit any more shots...this happened like 3 or 4 trips. He shoulda taken another shot...he was making them.

Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Re: *** The Bash Pierce Thread ***
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Any chance we can trade pierce for durants lucky underwear? I know durant is far fetched but i think we could get his underwear for pierce.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm not gonna "bash" the Capt'n.

He's old and a shell of his former self.  It happens.  Did people seriously think this day would never come?

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:13:47 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
Why would I bash a true Celtic and my favorite player of all time?  Just because he's beginning to decline because of his age?  Seriously.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I'm not gonna "bash" the Capt'n.

He's old and a shell of his former self.  It happens.  Did people seriously think this day would never come?
i agree!! All players decline and PP is b/c of his age..cant beat father time!! Im not going to bash him but if a trade comes along to help us, then i wouldnt hesitate to trade him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 07:22:45 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
not sure many people are going to bash pierce despite the horrible play deep in last year's playoffs and throughout this season and his immaturity pre kg that makes rondo look like Ghandi..they'll just come up with cute rondo trades instead...there's a delusional perception he is entitled to retiring a Celtic because of"loyalty" despite being paid millions upon millions...he'll always be a Celtic even if he was traded today folks

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 07:31:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
.....how about a Bash The Celtics Thread?

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:35:57 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
.....how about a Bash The Celtics Thread?

did you post the same thing in the bash rondo thread?

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 08:09:11 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
6 out of 10 latest forum topics is about trading/bashing Pierce... this is getting ridiculous...

Edit: make it more like 8 out of 10! smh
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:16:28 PM by albas89 »
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
nice thread ::)