Author Topic: I had an epiphany just now  (Read 1878 times)

I had an epiphany just now
« on: January 25, 2013, 05:14:44 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
While the championship run wa great it is likely over, or soon will be.
But that's ok!
Because I loved following this team befor the kg trade, and I'll love the next phase as well.

Re: I had an epiphany just now
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:18:38 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
That's exactly how I feel.  I remember everyone saying we'll probably only have 3 good years after the trade and everyone was fine with that at the time. Last year was a huge bonus on that. 

I vividly remember being at the game where they set the 18 game consecutive losing streak and it's one of my proudest Celtic memories.  I will follow them no matter what (although I will probably be watching a few more Houston and GSW games than I normally would  ;) )

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:19:33 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'm actually a lot less stressed when we suck, if that makes any sense.

When I know we are good enough to contend, losses kill me. When I know we suck, I take losses a lot less to heart.

The key thing to get you through the lean years is to trust management and the direction of the team.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 05:56:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
While the championship run wa great it is likely over, or soon will be.
But that's ok!
Because I loved following this team befor the kg trade, and I'll love the next phase as well.

TP, was thinking the exact same thing during this bad streak, and after some bad losses early in the year.

This team is tough to watch sometimes.Not just aesthetically,because they rarely won pretty in 07-08 or anytime the big 3 have been here.

I mean that now they are expected to win, and human nature being what it is, when something is expected and not realized, then it's REALLY disappointing.

I too enjoyed the team (not the results), i.e. watching the team in the pre-KG years, far more than I do now, mainly because of the lower expectations. Young players, hope, excitement, new faces...yah, yah I know, not many wins, but a lot more fun.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 06:30:13 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This team is tough to watch sometimes.Not just aesthetically,because they rarely won pretty in 07-08 or anytime the big 3 have been here.

Speak for yourself.   I love these guys win or lose.   I really appreciate the big three era even in obvious decline.   This is a cakewalk compared to the Pitino Days.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:53 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

Speak for yourself.   I love these guys win or lose.   I really appreciate the big three era even in obvious decline.   This is a cakewalk compared to the Pitino Days.
I believe FanSincethe60s was speaking for himself, and also maybe for me...although it was the O'Brien years that almost did me in...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »

Offline vl819

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 19
Now thats a thread that deserves tommy points!!

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:34:13 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
meh we will always follow this team but it wasn't exactly enjoyable to watch the lean years...more like pathetic...some fans became accustomed to it I suppose. I appreciate and prefer this and am not heartbroken over any loss but still optimistic they can compete with anyone

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 07:50:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Awesome thread. Thanks!! Yes I agree. Even 3/4 empty is still 1/4 full.
More generally , we Boston fans have been absolutely spoiled this past decade. Best get ready for some lean years across all our pro sport teams. 
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I believe FanSincethe60s was speaking for himself, and also maybe for me...although it was the O'Brien years that almost did me in...

Agree, thirsty, the lone feat I'll never forget, though, from that era was Pierce's 19 in the 4th to lead us from 21 down in Game 3 of the ECF, I think in '02,against the Nets....the Captain was born  ;D