Author Topic: Celtics wont make a trade  (Read 3676 times)

Celtics wont make a trade
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:17:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I predict Celtics wont make a trade..also u may see 2 or 3 trades in the NBA. Its hard to trade a All Star player. And btw, this is my 1000th post!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Celtics wont make a trade
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Yessss, there is my gold star!!

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 04:22:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Yessss, there is my gold star!!

TP for your 1000th .... But....hate your post, though and REALLY hope you are wrong

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
Thnks..and hope im wrong too. But its very hard to satify both teams in a trade with salary cap involved. And think DA will keep this team intact..now u might see them do a minor trade of getting a fair center but no all star

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 04:31:08 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If that's the case, then there's dark days ahead for the Celts

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 04:37:28 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Chances are they won't, but hopefully it isn't from lack of effort.

This core has had it's run, their days are over, it's time to move on. I'm ready to blow it up.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 05:09:32 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I think the chances of the C's making some trade are very high.  But, the chances of them getting an impact player is much lower.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 05:14:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
TP and GRATS!

About the trades... they will make a trade (most likely small). If they don't, it won't be for a lack of effort, they are definitely trying (Danny said it yesterday)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 05:32:24 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
I think the chances of the C's making some trade are very high.  But, the chances of them getting an impact player is much lower.

Agree. Big trades for Cs can be defined if DA trades Rondo, Green and PP.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I think there will be a semi major trade made involving the Celtics. If Danny does not pull the trigger,  it will be him declining lowball offers. In that sense I can see the status quo remaining. Play .500 ball until March and then flip the switch.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 06:28:22 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I think there will be a semi major trade made involving the Celtics. If Danny does not pull the trigger,  it will be him declining lowball offers. In that sense I can see the status quo remaining. Play .500 ball until March and then flip the switch.

So sick of hearing these words. Doc said it best, he knows the difference between pacing yourself and just being inconsistent. This team is just being inconsistent and they are not even close to good enough to just *Flip the switch* and expect to beat any elite teams in the playoffs.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:26 PM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
TP and GRATS!

About the trades... they will make a trade (most likely small). If they don't, it won't be for a lack of effort, they are definitely trying (Danny said it yesterday)!

so it means TIMOFEY MOZGOV?

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

So sick of hearing these words. Doc said it best, he knows the difference between pacing yourself and just being inconsistent. This team is just being inconsistent and they are not even close to good enough to just *Flip the switch* and expect to beat any elite teams in the playoffs.

There'll be only one "elite" team in the Eastern playoffs: Miami.

Chicago might get there, depending on Rose's return. Every other team in the East has its flaws.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 06:43:46 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203

I agree, there no freakin flip to switch! Let's face it....Ray Allen is not walking thru that door. Neither is Big Baby, James Posey, Tony Allen, PJ Brown, Sam Cassell etc...lol. Fact is 2008 is long gone.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
There'll be only one "elite" team in the Eastern playoffs: Miami.

Chicago might get there, depending on Rose's return. Every other team in the East has its flaws.

Those teams have flaws too. For instance Chicago struggles to score (similar to us) and Miami can't handle great PGs very well. Miami also has a tendency to get tossed around by good bigs.

I think we're still an elite team in the East. Miami is riding Lebron pretty hard and the next tier of teams (NYK BKN CHI) is the category we're in. Maybe Indiana is there too. The crazy thing about it is that Miami isn't that far ahead of the rest of the good teams in the east. The top 4 seeds in the East are only 4 games apart. Another 4 games and there are the Celtics.

Bold prediction time:

Miami knocked out before the ECF.