Author Topic: Trade Idea (LAL/Tor/Bos)  (Read 1309 times)

Trade Idea (LAL/Tor/Bos)
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:07:09 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
I was thinking of trading partners recently after watching the Celtics continuous struggles. I was thinking of a framework of this caliber:

LAL: Trade Gasol and Nash, receive Rondo and Green
Tor: Trade Calderon, receive Nash
Bos: Trade Rondo and Green, receive Gasol and Calderon

I think this trade benefits all teams involved. All of the aforementioned teams need an overhaul to be competitive once again; this could be the shot in the proverbial arm for all sides involved.

For Toronto, they get to have their hometown hero play for them finally. The Nash experiment in LA is just not working out.

Lakers get an all-star point guard and young forward for their future.

Celtics get one last chance to compete in the playoffs this year with veterans on board. Calderon is a playmaking point who also cans around 90% of his free throws. Gasol can still do damage, but is being sacked in favor of Dwight in Hollywood.

Even if this doesn’t work out, we still likely get a pick in the mid to late teens, and draft a guy like Plumlee or McDermott.

Re: Trade Idea (LAL/Tor/Bos)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:08:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Rondo a Laker???? Noooooooo
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 04:16:05 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
So what you're trying to say is...you want to put Rondo, Dwight, and Kobe in the same team? Just EXACTLY what they needed!

And we get Calderon...bummer.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 04:36:06 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I was thinking of trading partners recently after watching the Celtics continuous struggles. I was thinking of a framework of this caliber:

LAL: Trade Gasol and Nash, receive Rondo and Green
Tor: Trade Calderon, receive Nash
Bos: Trade Rondo and Green, receive Gasol and Calderon

I think this trade benefits all teams involved. All of the aforementioned teams need an overhaul to be competitive once again; this could be the shot in the proverbial arm for all sides involved.

For Toronto, they get to have their hometown hero play for them finally. The Nash experiment in LA is just not working out.

Lakers get an all-star point guard and young forward for their future.

Celtics get one last chance to compete in the playoffs this year with veterans on board. Calderon is a playmaking point who also cans around 90% of his free throws. Gasol can still do damage, but is being sacked in favor of Dwight in Hollywood.

Even if this doesn’t work out, we still likely get a pick in the mid to late teens, and draft a guy like Plumlee or McDermott.

I like it for the Celtics.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I do think it would improve the Celtics in the right here right now but I am not willing to trade Rondo for a short term fix.

There has to be a long term piece that Boston can use as a building block coming back in any Rondo deal for me to be willing to trade Rondo.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 06:07:59 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Give up rondo for gasols contract hmmmmm let me get back to you