Author Topic: Trade idea (Bos/Sac/Mem  (Read 1995 times)

Trade idea (Bos/Sac/Mem
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:53:38 PM »

Offline ghost_of_davidthirdkill

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Most people won't ever consider trading Paul Pierce.  This trade idea is not for those people.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=axll6f2

Boston gets:  Demarcs Cousins & John Salmons

Sacramento gets:  Rudy Gay

Memphis gets:  Paul Pierce

Why for Boston?
Boston gets a young potential all-star center and a back up SF.  This also forces Green into the starting lineup and hopefully sparks something inside hime.  Even if it doesn't, I'd rather DMC right now and in the future over Pierce right now.  I love what the Captain has done for the C's throughout his HOF career, but this is and always will be a business.

Why for Sacramento?
This is all dependent on their true feelings towards DMC.  If they truly believe he is powder keg just waiting to blow, then they're better off getting a young talented SF in Gay, who could end up being the face of the franchise in Seattle...rather then just dealing with a DMC fallout.

Why for Memphis?
Many in Memphis believe they were better off last postseason without Gay in their lineup.  While Pierce is on his last legs, he does provide them with a clutch veteran playoff peroformer.  Additionally, based on Hollinger analasys, he improves their team.

Re: Trade idea (Bos/Sac/Mem
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:16:56 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If they keep playing like they have been by All Star break, I'd pull that trigger.

You get to see if Green is really worth the money. Get a good Back up. Get a potential All Star Center. Get to have KG mentor him for a half season, teach him the ropes and how to use his aggressive personality on the court like KG does.

This does make it so KG will probably retire after the season if loosing PP. But you could always bring him on as a Defensive coach/ Big man coach, which could do the C's wonders.

You can even tweek it to bring in Smith as well. That would be the hail marry for DA, but its fun to dream a little...

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:14:30 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yup I'd do it in an instant...actually makes sense trading pierce and not rondo for trash

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:21:39 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I'm just not going to trade Pierce at any cost unless K.G. has a deal somewhere else in which he agrees to be moved in a separate deal. Wouldn't want to alienate & disrespect KG after we talked him out if retiring.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 03:42:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I do this in a second!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
I'm just not going to trade Pierce at any cost unless K.G. has a deal somewhere else in which he agrees to be moved in a separate deal. Wouldn't want to alienate & disrespect KG after we talked him out if retiring.

Getting him legit help in the paint would alienate and disrespect kg? Doubt it. who says he wouldn't be more mad about a rondo trade?
You do realize they paid him millions of dollars not to retire? He can get over it

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 03:53:16 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
So we give up pierce and get back Cousins? Doesn't seem too realistic..

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
No way this would happen, but no doubt Danny would do it in an instant. Cousins for Pierce is just silly, we would be a star away from being true contenders post KG.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:24:10 PM by TheBig5 »

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 05:16:27 PM »

Offline ghost_of_davidthirdkill

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
So we give up pierce and get back Cousins? Doesn't seem too realistic..
I think it's completely realistic.  Each team gets something that they could really use. 

1)  Sacramento gets rid of a headache that they no longer want to deal with.  They also get a young athletic SF who is a fairly accomplished scorer to be part of the new face of the Seattle team.

2)  Memphis gains a clutch playoff performer who probably helps them more in the now than does Gay.  Also, he is only guaranteed like $4 million next year.  So, if they want to part ways, it leaves them with a bunch of cap flexibility.  If they do well in the playoffs and are happy with Pierce, they can make another run at next years playoffs and have that cap flexibility the following year.

3)  The Celtics obviously make out here with the DMC addition.  They also finally find out what they have in Jeff Green.

Anyway, I think this is a fair trade all around, but I'd also be willing to sweeten the pot for both other teams by sending Fab Melo to Sacramento and a 1st rounder to Memphis...or vise versa.  What can I say?  I'm feeling generous today.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 05:24:05 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
That is actually a very good trade for all.  I think tho that the Kings would demand a pick or two.

Smitty77