Author Topic: Can you trade Paul Pierce?  (Read 4442 times)

Can you trade Paul Pierce?
« on: January 25, 2013, 11:24:18 AM »

Offline DeeMeds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Wanted to get some opinions on whether or not you'd trade Pierce.

Are you too loyal and wouldn't do it? Willing to trade him if it's for a chance for Pierce to get a title? Would you trade him anywhere if it made the Celtics better, even at the risk of hurting the reputation of the Celtics with potential FA's?

Personally I'd only trade him if he asked and I'd do it to a contender. Teams that make sense as a trade partner would be his hometown Lakers (all though he said he wanted to contend) and Clippers (team that makes the most sense), Bulls (Thibs) and Thunder.

This is the ideal trade for the Celtics, obviously picks are thrown in to this trade.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ajpalac

Feel free to share on what you'd do with Pierce or give your comments on that trade.

Re: Can you trade Paul Pierce?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:01 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Well, I think the poll I put up the other day showed fairly convincingly that Cs fans are roughly 2-1 against trading Pierce in any circumstance.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=61948.0
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:32:34 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If he fumbles the ball out of bounds again at clutch time, you'd have to think about it.

Im not sure if its age, slump or that he's worried about being traded so he's over trying, but its starting to look said for the Captain.

I don't want to remember him fumbling the ball out of bounds, but him hitting a dagger in Lebrons face. So if its just going to be fumbles and turn overs the rest of the season I'd rather an other city watch that, or get him to some one like the Clips so that he has a shot at one more.

Right now at this moment he just can't carry the team.  Im praying to the Basketball Gods that he gets back to form, because I'd much rather have him in the playoffs then a lot of other guys, but not how hes been playing as of late. Lets just hope its trade jitters...

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:43:21 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm not willing to put any one player above what's best for the team.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »

Offline DeeMeds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Well, I think the poll I put up the other day showed fairly convincingly that Cs fans are roughly 2-1 against trading Pierce in any circumstance.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=61948.0

I didn't see this, good work on the poll

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 11:47:15 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yup you can, I love pierce, love what he's done for us since kg arrived, think you'd have to send him to a contender...but I say yes if only to spite the people who want to trade rondo for some other bum everyday...if that's the case then pierce can be traded to...loyalty card is laughable, he's made money from the Celtics then anyone could ever dream of...he's not "loyal" for no reason but regardless his number will be in the rafters whether he's traded or pathetically fumbles and stumbles around for us another couple seasons

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53:28 AM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
If this deal is available. Take it.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Yup you can, I love pierce, love what he's done for us since kg arrived, think you'd have to send him to a contender...but I say yes if only to spite the people who want to trade rondo for some other bum everyday...if that's the case then pierce can be traded to...loyalty card is laughable, he's made money from the Celtics then anyone could ever dream of...he's not "loyal" for no reason but regardless his number will be in the rafters whether he's traded or pathetically fumbles and stumbles around for us another couple seasons
Very well said sir TP.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:04 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Sure, you can absolutely trade Pierce.

Although I would argue that the trade listed would not be the ultimate trade for Pierce.  I think there are way too many reasons to not want Rudy Gay (and that's not even counting how unbearable Donny would be) for it to be a no brainer. 

But yeah, if you can find a team that will give up good value and a package that makes sense for Pierce, then you have to consider it. 

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 12:09:35 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If and only if it is a homerun time of deal. 

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 12:11:27 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I'd absolutely love to get Rudy Gay for Pierce.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 12:16:55 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I'd absolutely love to get Rudy Gay for Pierce.
Same, get something for pierce before its too late. Not just any trade of course. Pierces is real close to being done and hes hurting the team right now.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 12:17:12 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
I'm not willing to put any one player above what's best for the team.

agreed
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 We have worried about for years about the team getting old, it has happened this year, I don't see them having one more run in them.   

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 12:44:35 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Only if he asked. I'm not convinced he's done yet. He's being asked to do way too much. I was more frustrated with his play when he was slumping early last season. He will win a playoff game or two that we'll lose with anything else we can get for him. I don't we'll get value.