Author Topic: Pierce for Granger  (Read 3715 times)

Re: Pierce for Granger
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 12:28:31 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
This would include us getting JJ as well in a separate deal.

Pierce has shot 49.7, 44.3, and 42.2 the last three years and about 86% at the FT line and about 36.5% from long range.

Granger has shot 42.5, 41.6, and 43.8 the last three years and about 86% at the FT line and about 38% from long range.

The ONLY real difference was 3 years ago and that PP is NOT coming back!!!!  Also, PP had a LOT more options around him and a MUCH BETTER PG to get him the ball in HIS spots.

Don't forget that PP has played about 2 and a half times MORE minutes than Granger.  That is HUGE.

Smitty77

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
This would include us getting JJ as well in a separate deal.

Pierce has shot 49.7, 44.3, and 42.2 the last three years and about 86% at the FT line and about 36.5% from long range.

Granger has shot 42.5, 41.6, and 43.8 the last three years and about 86% at the FT line and about 38% from long range.

The ONLY real difference was 3 years ago and that PP is NOT coming back!!!!  Also, PP had a LOT more options around him and a MUCH BETTER PG to get him the ball in HIS spots.

Don't forget that PP has played about 2 and a half times MORE minutes than Granger.  That is HUGE.

Smitty77

JJ? Talking about Redick?

So the Granger deal is contingent on us getting Redick?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I did NOT say contingent on, but if we picked up JJ, he would make up for losing the assists that PP gives us.  Does that make sense??

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 12:42:34 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I am not a huge Granger fan either Fafnir, but he is a younger PP with less assists, but less turnovers.  He is a career about 38-39% shooter from long distance and a career 85% FT shooter.

And we would NOT be on the hook for more money and longer.  If we keep PP, we will NOT buy him out for $4 million next year.  He will finish his contract with us and will will pay more for him than for Granger.

Smitty77
Trading Pierce for Granger is a downgrade (and that's assuming Granger is able to get on the court again), pointless unless you are looking at keeping Granger long term.

I want no part in Granger long term.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Have you all been watching Pierce that last, say, five to ten games????

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 01:06:30 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I don't think you can trade Pierce now. If he continues to struggle, gets injured and shut down, then you pay his 5 million dollar buy out option and have a number hanging ceremony. Then you turn to Jeff Green.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 01:10:52 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yes.

Have you seen Granger's last 5-10 games?  Oh wait, he hasn't seen the floor yet this season.

Granger is a HUGE question mark right now and that's before you consider the talent aspect of things.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Yes.

Have you seen Granger's last 5-10 games?  Oh wait, he hasn't seen the floor yet this season.

Granger is a HUGE question mark right now and that's before you consider the talent aspect of things.
Touche.  TP

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 01:15:14 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I don't think you can trade Pierce now. If he continues to struggle, gets injured and shut down, then you pay his 5 million dollar buy out option and have a number hanging ceremony. Then you turn to Jeff Green.

This. I honestly think if Green was starting he would be better than Granger at this point. Thats how far his stock has fallen in my eyes.

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
I realize this is taking a small risk.  But, Pierce simple has cost us several games of late and IMHO he will continue to cost us games.  His defense is far below average.  He no long has the balls to take the ball to the hole.  Or maybe it is because he simply cannot beat his man off the dribble.

Ainge will have to take some chances IF he is not happy with us being a .500 team or below and maybe not even making the playoffs.  I bet he will not settle for that considering how much he spent in free agency and how much he has invested in KG for two more years after this one.

Have you seen our team play of late??:-))))  I have, and it is plain painful to watch.  We played hard last night, but we simply were NOT good enough to beat the Knicks on our HOME floor.  That is sad and unacceptable to me.

What do you all suggest we do??  Stay the course???

Smitty77

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Trading for Granger isn't a small risk, its a massive risk as he's not on the court.

Pierce has cost us games during his stretch of awful play, but not having anyone to play his minutes will cost us as well.

Meanwhile what is the upside? I guess you're banking Granger comes back and has a career year? Because he'd need a career type year to surpase even Pierce's shaky level of play this year overall.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 01:54:02 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Granger? Really? Already 30 years old, with no standout abilities?
Why do we even need that sort of player? He just happened to be a scorer for the Pacers teams that cannot score at all. He isn't an elite scorer by any means and he won't be scoring anywhere around 20 ppg here, that is, if he can play again this season.

I could understand criticism for Pierce, but I'd let Green play the SF if we are really looking forward to trade him, instead of Granger.

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 02:15:59 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Fafnir,

I am counting on Green starting and putting up far better numbers than PP has the last 10 games.  I feel rather comfortable with that personally!!!

I don't know what Granger can give us this year, but I am willing to role the dice and give PP a nice gig with an Eastern Conf. playoff contender.

BTW, Granger is not even 30 yet.  Can I please remind you all that DG has ONLY played 18,500 minutes and PP has played 49,000 plus.  Not even close.

Granger's numbers are just as good as PP's over the last three years too.  If he can come back from that knee surgery, he SHOULD have a lot of tread left!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This Pierce is a Celtic for life thing is crazy.

Patrick Ewing is a Knick for life, but where did he finish his playing career? Seattle.

Jordan is a Bull for life. He last played for the Wiz.

It happens and it's not a big deal. Pierce can be traded and still be a Celtic for life. We shouldn't keep him around if it is better to move him.

Neither was traded.  They signed as FA's.  Completely different.

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 02:22:10 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Granger is a better version of Green, but paid way more money.

No thanks.