Author Topic: Euroleague Final 4  (Read 4865 times)

Euroleague Final 4
« on: May 12, 2013, 11:50:30 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Anyone keeping an eye on this? Just curious to see how Christmas and Kristic are going
Banner 18 please 😍

Re: Euroleague Final 4
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 11:55:33 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I actually watched Olympiakos beat CSKA Moscow
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Watching CSKA play Barçelona now. No Christmas in the starting lineup
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 12:33:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 04:20:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Olympiacos!!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »

Offline Anomandaris

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
For a country that is almost bancrupt, i wonder where they find the money to pay for the salaries of a top european basketball team... 
Must be an owner with deep pockets and a foreign bank account.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:45 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Great game by Olympiacos, come back despite being down big. I'm impressed.. great upset
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 06:14:34 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Great game by Olympiacos, come back despite being down big. I'm impressed.. great upset

Real Madrid has crumbled when Olympiakos has started to play tough/dirty. The Mirotic play, where he was fouled flagrantly with no call, and then AC Law makes an uncontested layup says it all. When you have a player injured under the basket, you should make them pay. Sad, because Real Madrid basketball is usually beautiful to wach, but the better gameplan won today. And incredible 2nd half by Spanoulis, who deserved the MVP

The good thing is the Euroleague CEO, who is a Barça supporter, can sleep well tonight, because Madrid didn't win their 9th title. Great game.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 06:23:57 PM »

Offline vgulab

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
For a country that is almost bancrupt, i wonder where they find the money to pay for the salaries of a top european basketball team... 
Must be an owner with deep pockets and a foreign bank account.

Olympiakos is a great example of a good balance team. They acually don't have a big budget, compared to Barcelona and Cska. Kudos for the managemant for creating such a balanced team with a great bench and only one star in Spanoulis but having 2 good players on each position. They are first of all great defensive team, best in europe. Second of all they have a great winning mentality. Two years in a row champions after great comebacks. Last year in the final from -19 win against Cska and tonight from -17 to the title. Spending a lot less money from Barca and Cska they should be example of a effective team. Barsa and Cska spending a lot of money and not being able to win, Barca from 2010 and Cska from 2008. At the start of the season Olympiakos was an outsider considered a team with no chance of winning again. They prove everyone wrong