Poll

Good Idea Or Bad Idea

Good Idea
7 (77.8%)
Bad Idea
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 06, 2013, 09:15:01 AM

Author Topic: Boston Celtics / Denver Nuggets Trade Scenario  (Read 11880 times)

Re: Timofey Mozgov As Celtics Starting Center
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »

Offline rsmrostov

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
I would gladly take Mozgov for Bass (malcontent who won't develop anything but an open shot game), but I would go a little further and see if Denver would trade us a combo of Mozgow/Andre Miller and what would they want for that in return?  If it's Bass/Terry or Bass/Lee I do it in a heart-beat.  I know Miller is no longer the player he used to be, but we need a smart player to set the team up.

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2013, 02:45:37 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
I would gladly take Mozgov for Bass (malcontent who won't develop anything but an open shot game), but I would go a little further and see if Denver would trade us a combo of Mozgow/Andre Miller and what would they want for that in return?  If it's Bass/Terry or Bass/Lee I do it in a heart-beat.  I know Miller is no longer the player he used to be, but we need a smart player to set the team up.
ditto

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2013, 03:30:01 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
ditto

The C's are rebuilding: better I think to keep Lee and leave Miller.

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2013, 03:47:09 PM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
As other have said it really depends on who we have to give up. If Denver decides they just want another rotation big like Bass I am in. A deal like this would something I would do
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c2jdfvn

Been saying to do this deal for weeks, maybe months now!

Denv. barely plays either of these guys, and we could use some  young healthy size, basically two 7 footers, and we would get out from underneath Bass's contract.

I think you can look at both Mozgov and Randolph as building blocks for this next era of Celtics, but at the same time they can help in the immediate moment  this season. And if we don't like what we see from Mozgov, he's contract is up at the end of the year, so we can let him walk.

And Finally, with Rondo out, how useful is Bass on the court honestly? He really isn't useful on the defensive end, and offensively, if he's not pick-popping with rondo, what else does he do? Moving forward I dont really expect a lot of pick n roll or pick n pop offense, there will probably be a lot of dribble hand-offs, so, where does that leave Bass? He's not going to post up and get the ball for low post offense.

I honestly think he's a better fit for Denver at this point and moving forward, he can do pick n pop with ty lawson and A. miller, and Denv. can do stagger picks, with Javale rolling hard and Bass popping, and Lawson with the ball looking at all of those options.

I personally believe, Randolph still has a lot of potential in his game, he's still only 23-24 and can be a good piece moving forward with Rondo, Bradley, Sully, Green, and others.

Either way, Bass has got to go. And Boston still needs to find a big guy, and not waste time trying to find a "rondo-replacement"

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2013, 03:57:43 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
At 3 points and 3 rbg in 10 minutes he's not a starting Center in the NBA.  Backup player?  Absolutely...

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2013, 04:44:59 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
At 3 points and 3 rbg in 10 minutes he's not a starting Center in the NBA.  Backup player?  Absolutely...
Mozgov is a bad idea as starting center, but a good idea as a backup. Maybe he develops into more, but he's not ready yet. Hum, maybe Mozgov is now, where we hope Melo will be this time next year? Somebody that can give you 10 to 15 minutes of unremarkable (in both a good and bad way) play every game.

I'd trade Bass for him and filler. I don't think I'd trade more than that, though. That would leave the C's with KG playing 28 minutes as center, Mozgov getting, let's say, 16 and Collins or Wilcox play the other 4 minutes. Sully, Wilcox and Green would have to handle all the PF minutes.

« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Mozgov is a bad idea as starting center, but a good idea as a backup. Maybe he develops into more, but he's not ready yet. Hum, maybe Mozgov is now, where we hope Melo will be this time next year? Somebody that can give you 10 to 15 minutes of unremarkable (in both a good and bad way) play every game.

I'd trade Bass for him and filler. I don't think I'd trade more than that, though. That would leave the C's with KG playing 28 minutes as center, Mozgov getting, let's say, 16 and Collins or Wilcox play the other 4 minutes. Sully, Wilcox and Green would have to handle all the PF minutes.
Mozgov is as "great" idea as a backup as Collins is, because they're pretty much the same guy.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Bass is not a malcontent. Also, if he never develops more than "a jump shot" as you claim, he'll still have one more NBA caliber skill than Mozgov.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2013, 08:31:22 PM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
As other have said it really depends on who we have to give up. If Denver decides they just want another rotation big like Bass I am in. A deal like this would something I would do
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c2jdfvn

Been saying to do this deal for weeks, maybe months now!

Denv. barely plays either of these guys, and we could use some  young healthy size, basically two 7 footers, and we would get out from underneath Bass's contract.

I think you can look at both Mozgov and Randolph as building blocks for this next era of Celtics, but at the same time they can help in the immediate moment  this season. And if we don't like what we see from Mozgov, he's contract is up at the end of the year, so we can let him walk.

And Finally, with Rondo out, how useful is Bass on the court honestly? He really isn't useful on the defensive end, and offensively, if he's not pick-popping with rondo, what else does he do? Moving forward I dont really expect a lot of pick n roll or pick n pop offense, there will probably be a lot of dribble hand-offs, so, where does that leave Bass? He's not going to post up and get the ball for low post offense.

I honestly think he's a better fit for Denver at this point and moving forward, he can do pick n pop with ty lawson and A. miller, and Denv. can do stagger picks, with Javale rolling hard and Bass popping, and Lawson with the ball looking at all of those options.

I personally believe, Randolph still has a lot of potential in his game, he's still only 23-24 and can be a good piece moving forward with Rondo, Bradley, Sully, Green, and others.

Either way, Bass has got to go. And Boston still needs to find a big guy, and not waste time trying to find a "rondo-replacement"

agree

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2013, 01:04:46 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
if i do a trade anytime any day bass can go

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2013, 01:19:05 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
people must realized kg can play too many minutes, while collins is on court we really sucks

Re: Trading For Timofey Mozgov
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2013, 01:33:43 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Who do we have to give up?

Anything outside of Paul, KG, Rondo and Bradley.

Denver needs shooters, so they could use Barbosa. We can offer Leandro and some additions to probably land MOsgov.

He'll help tremendously.

Bass is a shooter.

Bass is not a shooter. 

He can't hit a shot outside of 15 feet to save his life, and he's pretty much useless inside 12 feet as well.   

The only area where he shoots effective in between 12 - 15 feet, and even there he's shooting a mediocre 44% this season last I checked.

but denver nuggets could really used him

Re: Boston Celtics Trade Scenario
« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2013, 01:46:01 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
GOOD IDEA

Re: Trading For Timofey Mozgov
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2013, 02:16:44 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Who do we have to give up?

Anything outside of Paul, KG, Rondo and Bradley.

Denver needs shooters, so they could use Barbosa. We can offer Leandro and some additions to probably land MOsgov.

He'll help tremendously.

Bass is a shooter.

Bass is not a shooter. 

He can't hit a shot outside of 15 feet to save his life, and he's pretty much useless inside 12 feet as well.   

The only area where he shoots effective in between 12 - 15 feet, and even there he's shooting a mediocre 44% this season last I checked.

but denver nuggets could really used him

Bass is what they want for Mozgov whether they like it or not
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2013, 03:15:09 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Bass is not a malcontent. Also, if he never develops more than "a jump shot" as you claim, he'll still have one more NBA caliber skill than Mozgov.

but he can score and gives garnett time to rest