Poll

Good Idea Or Bad Idea

Good Idea
7 (77.8%)
Bad Idea
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 06, 2013, 09:15:01 AM

Author Topic: Boston Celtics / Denver Nuggets Trade Scenario  (Read 11882 times)

Re: Timofey Mozgov As Celtics Starting Center
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2013, 08:41:32 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Mozgov is a project. If we were to blow it up I'd be happy to have both him and Melo around to try and figure out which one will actually develop.

But until that happens he wouldn't do much for us.

Like others, I say to you, blow up what?

At this point, wouldn't it be worth trading any of the deadweight veteran role players on the roster to give a younger project a try?
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2013, 08:41:55 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Mozgov is a project. If we were to blow it up I'd be happy to have both him and Melo around to try and figure out which one will actually develop.

i understand but letting go of brandon bass wouldn't hurt as and it gives as more space for salary cap

and as I've said since denver is clearing for salary cap a 3 team deal might work out

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2013, 08:44:44 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum

At this point, wouldn't it be worth trading any of the deadweight veteran role players on the roster to give a younger project a try?

i agree... + it really doesn't blow up the team
he only takes 3 million, so bass might work

because i don't see any team trading brandon bass for a point guard,

since farried is there power forward
they might used bass as back-up

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 08:49:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Blow it up = stop trying to win.

If you acquire Mosgov but are still trying to win games you won't put him on the court. He needs playing time to develop but with KG eating 28-32 C minutes he's not going to really get it.

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2013, 08:58:45 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

If you acquire Mosgov but are still trying to win games you won't put him on the court. He needs playing time to develop but with KG eating 28-32 C minutes he's not going to really get it.

I guess I don't see why playing Mozgov 10-15 minutes a night, given our complete lack of players with size who can rebound, would be a detriment to the team.

Plus, winning games should be a secondary concern at this point.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2013, 09:07:53 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum

I guess I don't see why playing Mozgov 10-15 minutes a night, given our complete lack of players with size who can rebound, would be a detriment to the team.

i think this guy can really get 13+ rebounds depending on the time, and since denver plays diffirently, knicks with d'antoni system, i think he can be better playing along with kg

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2013, 09:10:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Because he's foul prone, an offensive liability, and poor team defender.

Rebounding is important but its not the only thing that matters in basketball. Size, well size only matters if you use it effectively. Currently Mozgov doesn't.

And yes if the team decides that winning games is no longer the goal then getting him and playing him as a backup C is a very good idea. (assuming you get him cheap)

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 09:11:25 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

i think this guy can really get 13+ rebounds depending on the time, and since denver plays diffirently, knicks with d'antoni system, i think he can be better playing along with kg

Under Doc Rivers, I think Mozgov would play 15-20 minutes a night at most and average something like 4-5 pts and 4-6 rebounds.  Probably not shooting a high % given the sudden lack of playmakers on the team.  But how badly do the Celtics need a seven footer who can at least theoretically bother shots at the rim and grab a solid percentage of rebounds?  Pretty badly. 

And again, winning this season doesn't really matter anymore.  What matters is that Mozgov could be a guy you build up moving forward.  A solid buy-low-and-develop-into-an-asset move.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum

Rebounding is important but its not the only thing that matters in basketball. Size, well size only matters if you use it effectively. Currently Mozgov doesn't.

And yes if the team decides that winning games is no longer the goal then getting him and playing him as a backup C is a very good idea. (assuming you get him cheap)

why not used him as starter

we tried kg at 4 and collins at 5

but mozgov is 100 times better than collins

and sully gets in early foul trouble

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Honestly, I'd try to trade Terry or Bass for Mozgov and other minor expiring pieces and then split the center minutes for the rest of the season between KG, Mozgov, and Melo.

No better time, like I said, to make a move for a project like Mozgov and bring up a guy like Melo and start to try and see what you have.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Because KG is best as a C, and Mosgov doesn't add enough to move him to the 4.

Mosgov is almost as foul prone as Sullinger. (5.8 per36 compared to 6.3 per36)

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Unless they'd take Bass for him, there's really not much reason to discuss him.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2013, 09:25:56 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum

Because KG is best as a C, and Mosgov doesn't add enough to move him to the 4.

Mosgov is almost as foul prone as Sullinger. (5.8 per36 compared to 6.3 per36)

KG GOT KILLED BY

brook lopez
adray drummond
larry sanders

no put him back at pf

and i don't think kg can go more minutes playing againt's evans blatche humpries lopez rotation

+ noah and boozer, and hey bulls are interested in him,

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2013, 09:40:11 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Unless they'd take Bass for him, there's really not much reason to discuss him.

denver needs to add 1 player to match the salary

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2013, 09:46:31 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
I am not "there yet" on KG leaving the Center position.
He has thrived there.