Author Topic: Marc Stein: Cs 'have ramped up their interest' in Reddick  (Read 19079 times)

Re: Marc Stein: Cs 'have ramped up their interest' in Reddick
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2013, 05:48:35 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
You can't possibly look at this rumor without saying Boston misses what Ray Ray gave them.

C's need three pointing shooting period. They are near the bottom of the league in threes made.

Now saying Doc misses what Ray gave them, that's a different story...

« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2013, 05:52:23 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Woul love to get Nicholson or harkless in that deal .  Only problem, stubborn Doc won't play em.  Was hopin Nicholson fell to us in the draft.  Anything that get jg gone.

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2013, 05:52:43 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The floor spacing has completely fallen apart without a dangerous shooter like Ray or Redick.  Ray really did open things up for everyone else.

This year, Boston is averaging 94.6 points a game on 45.8% shooting, 35.4% from three.

Last year, Boston averaged 91.8 points a game on 46% shooting, 36.7% from three.

If getting Redick means Doc continues to resist structural changes to the offense, I'm not in favor of it.

Mike

« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
I don't agree Roy.  You really think Nicholson is better than Green.  Come on, I know you are down on Green, but that is a little over the top IMHO.

Besides, Redick could likely walk as a free agent. I bet that, if Orlando does in fact like Green, they would rather have him and a draft pick than NOTHING for Redick.

Smitty77

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2013, 06:24:56 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
The floor spacing has completely fallen apart without a dangerous shooter like Ray or Redick.  Ray really did open things up for everyone else.

This year, Boston is averaging 94.6 points a game on 45.8% shooting, 35.4% from three.

Last year, Boston averaged 91.8 points a game on 46% shooting, 36.7% from three.

If getting Redick means Doc continues to resist structural changes to the offense, I'm not in favor of it.

Mike

This ^

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2013, 06:32:10 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
You can't possibly look at this rumor without saying Boston misses what Ray Ray gave them.

I think it is safe to say Ray was dogging it last year.   He gave us very little and his D was nonexistent in the playoffs.

« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

I think it is safe to say Ray was dogging it last year.   He gave us very little and his D was nonexistent in the playoffs.

This isn't about Ray but since you brought it up...

his D? Pfft, had he mad a couple more SHOTS things may be different right now! I'd take that same D at that point if he woulda made some of those wide open shots he missed... was out there bricklaying!! I don't miss Ray at all... I do still hold a slight grudge that he built a brick-house during that Mia series instead of helping us get the victory! I won't say we would have won the championship but surely if Ray could have given slightly more we could have probably beaten Mia in 5 (hell, maybe a sweep, because that's how good we played in the playoffs despite Ray's disappearance on O)!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Bringing a player that might not be able to adapt in a system won't solve our offensive woes, no matter how good his shooting is.

The offense heavily relies on the big 3. If only Doc make plays for the role players, ball movement will be much smoother.

« Reply #113 on: January 25, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956
We don't need JJ Redick.  We need somebody else besides Rondo who can drive, get into the paint, and make plays when the defense collapses, whether it's scoring a layup, dumping the ball off to a big, or kicking it out to a shooter that leads to a 3 pointer or a hockey assist.  That or we need a consistent post threat.

The problem with this C's team is that we very seldom get easy baskets.  Can't expect PP to be a consistent iso threat anymore.  Redick can make some pick and roll plays and has a very respectable overall game.  But he's not a finisher in the paint nor is he meant to be a high use playmaker.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:17:04 PM by SCeltic34 »

« Reply #114 on: January 25, 2013, 07:15:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I can't believe people really think Redick wouldn't fit here.

Redick is a exceptional shooter.  He's basically "Ray Allen Light".  He's in his prime though, whereas Allen is in his twilight.  Redick would fit our offense perfectly.  We need a sharpshooter like him.

The only problem I have is what will it take to get him and he's likely to want too much money this summer (which makes him a rental).  If we can get him for Terry, or at worst, Lee, it's probably a move we should make.

Even if he is just a rental, it might not be so bad.  It could even be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe the rebuild happens this summer, in which case, every bit of salary we can jettison is beneficial.

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2013, 07:22:04 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
We don't need JJ Redick.  We need somebody else besides Rondo who can drive, get into the paint, and make plays when the defense collapses, whether it's scoring a layup, dumping the ball off to a big, or kicking it out to a shooter that leads to a 3 pointer or a hockey assist.  That or we need a consistent post threat.

The problem with this C's team is that we very seldom get easy baskets.  Can't expect PP to be a consistent iso threat anymore.  Redick can make some pick and roll plays and has a very respectable overall game.  But he's not a finisher in the paint nor is he meant to be a high use playmaker.

Amen. We have a jumpshot happy team full of jump shooters. We need an aggressive attacking inside presence.

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
We don't need JJ Redick.  We need somebody else besides Rondo who can drive, get into the paint, and make plays when the defense collapses, whether it's scoring a layup, dumping the ball off to a big, or kicking it out to a shooter that leads to a 3 pointer or a hockey assist. 
I couldn't agree more.

Nowhere near enough dribble penetration outside of Rondo. Far too much of the Celtics offense is being done in front of a set defense. They need someone that can force a double team or draw a help defense. Get them off balance. Get them scrambling. Outside of Rondo, that just doesn't happen anywhere near often enough.

Even a small addition like a JJ Barea or a Will Bynum as the new backup PG would make a considerable difference. Help get the quality spot-up shooters that Boston already has more frequent and better quality spot up shot attempts.