Author Topic: Marc Stein: Cs 'have ramped up their interest' in Reddick  (Read 19090 times)

Marc Stein: Cs 'have ramped up their interest' in Reddick
« on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:24 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Via Twitter

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing Celts, even before season-worst 7-for-32 shooting from 15+ feet in NYK loss, have ramped up their interest in Magic's J.J. Redick

Size obviously Celts' priority if they do deal before Feb. 21 trade deadline but word is they hope to work way into Redick mix if they can

Wonder what they're offering. I hope it's Terry, but fear it's Lee.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Marc Stein: Cs 'have ramped up their interest' in Reddick
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:00:07 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I would trade Lee for Redick in a heartbeat. Redick is a much better shooter and spaces the floor a lot more than Lee can. While he is not as good of a defender one on one, he is very good team defender . We can run some of the same plays we ran for Ray when he was here, allowing Terry to stop running around picks and put the ball in his hands more while redick spaces the floor for the bench .

Other than PP and Terry we have no reliable outside shooters.

Get redick for Lee and then pick up a backup center and hope for the best .

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:03:53 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I would trade Lee for Redick in a heartbeat. Redick is a much better shooter and spaces the floor a lot more than Lee can. While he is not as good of a defender one on one, he is very good team defender . We can run some of the same plays we ran for Ray when he was here, allowing Terry to stop running around picks and put the ball in his hands more while redick spaces the floor for the bench .

Personally I would hate to see Lee go. I like his game, he seems to be playing with great effort and intensity. Personally I think Lee gives almost as much as Bradley does to this team (a little less on the defense end but a little more on the offense end.)

I would hate to see Lee go unless it was for a game changing big. And in that case I would still hate to loose him.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 09:05:07 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I like what Lee brings, but I would move him for J.J. 

Redick is simply a better player.  A lot of folks assume J.J. doesn't play D because of his physical appearance, but he's actually turned himself into an above-average defender.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:46 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Trading for Redick just doesn't make sense unless it's part of a larger deal.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 09:07:29 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Personally I would hate to see Lee go. I like his game, he seems to be playing with great effort and intensity. Personally I think Lee gives almost as much as Bradley does to this team (a little less on the defense end but a little more on the offense end.)

I would hate to see Lee go unless it was for a game changing big. And in that case I would still hate to loose him.

Agreed.

Plus he's a huge fan of the culture, the players and the team as a whole right now.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

This x2. Big fan of Lee and would hate to lose him. He is just entering his prime and on a very good contract for what he brings. Remember, Redick is a free agent after this year and has apparently already voiced that he wants a raise from his 6.19 mill. Are you JJ supporters prepared to give him an Aaron Aaflalo deal?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 09:11:56 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

It does.

My Boy JJ is a very underrated scorer. He can help us with our scoring. Very good playmaking skills as well, meaning we can have another fscilitator when Rondo is taking a breather.

The best thing about it, you can run him on the "that guy" offense where he runs around screens to get open. Add his good passing and we improve on offense greatly.

He's a very solid defender too. Id trade Lee and/or Jet for him in a HEARTBEAT!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2013, 09:13:01 AM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'm A-ok with interest in Reddick.

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2013, 09:16:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I was against the idea a few days ago when it first came up but I am coming around to it now.

I do think Redick is the better backup SG but I thought Lee's superior defense would have been more useful in matching up against D-Wade and the Miami Heat (which I feel is key to beating to Miami). I really liked having both Bradley and Lee to throw at Wade.

But now, now I think I undervalued just how much Boston needs extra shooters offensively. Even if Redick is not quite as useful against Miami as Lee was, Redick is a necessary and the superior weapon to have. 

So I am in. A Redick for Lee based trade. Do it.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:44 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

It does.

My Boy JJ is a very underrated scorer. He can help us with our scoring. Very good playmaking skills as well, meaning we can have another fscilitator when Rondo is taking a breather.

The best thing about it, you can run him on the "that guy" offense where he runs around screens to get open. Add his good passing and we improve on offense greatly.

Like a poster above said. JJ is a free agent after this year and wants a raise from his 6.19 mil. If we didnt want to give Perk 7 mil a year would we really want to give JJ 7 to 8 mil a year? I mean I think thats absurd for what he brings. Lee is on a good contract entering his prime.

JJ is playing and shooting really well for a terrible Magic team. Would he be able to get enough minutes and touches on the Celtics to make an impact? Im leary of that.

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I am not sure how much value Boston would get out of Redick's passing.

I thought the same when Jason Terry came here and he clearly hasn't been given the opportunities within the offense to do that. The C's offense doesn't seem conducive to getting the best out of Redick's ball-handling and passing skills.

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2013, 09:19:53 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

It does.

I'm not saying it wouldn't help the team a little bit.

But this team is so far from being a nice role playing shooter away from contending that it's crazy.  Why trade a young guy on a reasonable contract who has a nice all-around game for an expiring guy who won't make a huge difference right now and who will probably leave in the off-season?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I like what Lee brings, but I would move him for J.J. 

Redick is simply a better player.  A lot of folks assume J.J. doesn't play D because of his physical appearance, but he's actually turned himself into an above-average defender.
I was really impressed a few years back when he did a great job against Ray in the playoffs.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 09:25:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I am not sure how much value Boston would get out of Redick's passing.

I thought the same when Jason Terry came here and he clearly hasn't been given the opportunities within the offense to do that. The C's offense doesn't seem conducive to getting the best out of Redick's ball-handling and passing skills.

Yep.  You can basically assume they'll just run him off screens or spot him up on the wings.  Plug him into all of Ray's old plays.
- Mark Twain