Author Topic: Celtics (20-22) at Hawks (24-18) 1/25  (Read 57577 times)

Re: Celtics (20-22) at Hawks (24-18) 1/25
« Reply #450 on: January 25, 2013, 10:37:18 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52
Really hoping PP and even KG announce their retirement after this year. We need to move to the young turks

As much as watching this team sucks, I'm still not looking forward to watching us win 25 games per season.

What's the point? As soon as we get into that phase we can try to surge again, we need to rebuild... And if we don't want to wait 22 years again we need to start this process as soon as possibile... Now

« Reply #451 on: January 25, 2013, 10:37:50 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Really hoping PP and even KG announce their retirement after this year. We need to move to the young turks

As much as watching this team sucks, I'm still not looking forward to watching us win 25 games per season.

part of the process. keep the youngsters(sully, bradley, Melo), trade for DMC. get picks. It is what it is.

It probably is, but I'd prefer watching the current team -- disappointing or not -- instead of tanking / rooting for the team to lose.  Rebuilding sucks, and is almost always unsuccessful.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #452 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:16 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

part of the process. keep the youngsters(sully, bradley, Melo), trade for DMC. get picks. It is what it is.
that team stinks without rondo and the only way you're getting demarcus is rondo....no rush to be kings east

« Reply #453 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980
Well, maybe this loss expedites the inevitable blowup.  I've been a Doc defender even through some of the team's most inexplicable struggles, but it's time for him to go.

« Reply #454 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »

Offline popcontest

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 34
TPs to everyone who watched this sludge to the end.

gimme one then

then punch me in the face for being an idiot

« Reply #455 on: January 25, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »

Offline TheLegendaryClub

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 130
TPs to everyone who watched this sludge to the end.

gimme one then

then punch me in the face for being an idiot

Happy to oblige.

« Reply #456 on: January 25, 2013, 10:39:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

What's the point? As soon as we get into that phase we can try to surge again, we need to rebuild... And if we don't want to wait 22 years again we need to start this process as soon as possibile... Now

Let's hurry up and rebuild so that we might have a team good enough to reach the second round.

To those calling for a rebuild, don't expect another 2007 worst-to-first scenario.  Rebuilding is going to be long, brutal, and ultimately, probably won't be successful.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #457 on: January 25, 2013, 10:41:35 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

It probably is, but I'd prefer watching the current team -- disappointing or not -- instead of tanking / rooting for the team to lose.  Rebuilding sucks, and is almost always unsuccessful.

? nobody should root for their team to lose. I never do and never will no matter what. rebuilding unsuccessful? plenty teams have gotten better through the draft. we do not have to just use the draft either. we can use trades also. just for younger guys.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #458 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:53 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

that team stinks without rondo and the only way you're getting demarcus is rondo....no rush to be kings east

yeah like we are so much better? ROFL. rondo will need to be traded for a rebuild. just accept it.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #459 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
this was suppose to be rondos team and they're still overly dependent on pierce.the young and new guys have no confidence when the game is on the line and a lot of that is on doc..he's not coaching rondo and the other guys over that hump and relying on a pathetic pierce Iso game and they really miss Ray in those situations..pierce would actually pass to him.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:57:59 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #460 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44:08 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1980

yeah like we are so much better? ROFL. rondo will need to be traded for a rebuild. just accept it.

I'm not convinced Sactown will even trade DMC, much less for the crap we have to offer.

« Reply #461 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

? nobody should root for their team to lose. I never do and never will no matter what. rebuilding unsuccessful? plenty teams have gotten better through the draft. we do not have to just use the draft either. we can use trades also. just for younger guys.

I'm not sure if you were around for the 2007 season, but almost everyone was rooting for the team to lose.  Cheering for lottery balls, rather than the team on the floor, is less fun than it sounds.

And yes, rebuilding is almost always unsuccessful.  Unless you're blessed with a high lottery pick in a good draft who blossoms into a superstar, you're generally going to be screwed.

« Reply #462 on: January 25, 2013, 10:44:22 PM »

Offline Jack_Frost

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 52

Let's hurry up and rebuild so that we might have a team good enough to reach the second round.

To those calling for a rebuild, don't expect another 2007 worst-to-first scenario.  Rebuilding is going to be long, brutal, and ultimately, probably won't be successful.

I agree, and i see you point
But you can want it or not: to win again you have to start this process... It's the only way, how long we can count on kg and pp?

Most likely scenario: you stuck with this team one or two years THEN you have to rebuild? Do you prefer?

« Reply #463 on: January 25, 2013, 10:45:48 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff

yeah trade our young all star and not the old guys...sounds like a rebuild...or not

« Reply #464 on: January 25, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Most likely scenario: you stuck with this team one or two years THEN you have to rebuild? Do you prefer?

I'd prefer to stick with this team.  Crappy or not, I enjoy seeing a couple of future Hall of Famers play.  It's better than watching brainless pogo sticks like Gerald Green.

That said, this is probably the most frustrating Celtics team I can remember.  On paper, we shouldn't be anywhere near this bad.