Author Topic: What's up Marv Alberts Butt?  (Read 6236 times)

Re: What's up Marv Alberts Butt?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 11:13:35 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The most annoying thing was that him and Kerr stopped acknowledging the game for a good 10 minutes talking about it.

10 minutes? I definitely think it was longer than that. Also that coupled with the talk about trash talkers for another 10 minutes to end the half. They weren't even talking about the game.

I actually don't mind most broadcasters. I get annoyed with them about certain things on occasion but this was a combination of "well at least talk about the game and are you really bashing the Celtics right now....and something like that of all things?"

I could see him talking about KG being dirty and roll my eyes or whatever. But this stadium stuff was from left field

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 11:15:10 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Now that i've thought about it, i wonder how much of it might have had to do with James Dolan being upset his rivals of CSN New England were the ones responsible for the footage of Melo waiting outside the C's bus. Which ultimatley led to the bad publicity and fine. I mean what an embarassment for the guy. He's the head of all New york media too (I think) and it happens right in his building. Under his nose. Just another in a long line of embarassments for a once proud franchise. I bet he somehow got in Marv's ear being a New York guy, and told him to spew some negative Boston sentiment.

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 11:16:49 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
I know Marv Albert used to broadcast for the Knicks obviously. It was just shocking that on  a TNT broadcast he was making claims like this.

I've never heard any broadcaster do it about any stadium ever. I've never even heard it brought up really. How long has he been coming to Boston doing these national broadcasts? Randomly he brings it up tonight? Somethings fishy, maybe he got a hearing aid or something it just sounds wicked loud.

Also I'm a fan of Mike Breen, a Knicks broadcaster (don't kill me)

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 11:19:01 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
The funny thing was I didn't even think it was loud there tonight. Even Kerr was saying that as Marv is talking about them pumping in the noise.

I was pretty dissapointed I barely heard any boos to Carmelo.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
Has this not been mentioned yet?

Marv apparently has had some serious issues as he was talking for the entire first half about how it's not fair that the Celtics "pump" in noise in the stadium. His voice was quivering while talking about it as he  explained how they were pumping in Boos for Carmelo anythony and cheers for the Celtics.

How bizarre was this? It was so awkward he was complaining to  Steve Kerr and Kerr didn't really know what to say. He was talking about how they always do it and he used some word like "corny" or "cheesy" something like that but he seemed legitmately angry about it.

I've been to plenty of Celts games in my life and have never noticed them pumping in noise. I guess I'll try and listen extra carefully next time I'm there and see if I can tell but that was weird.

Also them talking about the best trash talkers for 20 min was pretty annoying as well.

He's a hardcore Knicks fan, should this be a surprise?

He's supposed to be a professional. And that was a live national broadcast. He should be impartial.

But i guess when this is on your resume anything goes really

http://deadspin.com/marv-albert-bite/

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 11:34:27 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Indeed that was weird. Also, after going on and on about Carmelo/Garnett, neither of them pointed out Carmelo helping Garnett up after he went down that time in the 3rd quarter, and Garnett giving him a pat in response.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:40:41 AM by alley oop »

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 12:14:31 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I have nothing positive to say about Marv Abert ... the guy should seriously be in prison, and not making big money in sportscasting, (IMHO - He should be sharing a cell with Kobe and going to Sexual Assault Anonymous meetings). Needless to say he has major issues, and is a sociopath who will say whatever he needs to in order to "stir the pot". Very few people disgust me as much as Marv, and very few people have less character or more reasons for us to question what comes out of their mouths, (like bite marks). Sorry, I just really really dislike the guy, (you probably picked up on that already, though).   ;) >:(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:45:04 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 12:19:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Marv Albert is imagining things?

Yes!
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 12:24:35 AM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
I absolutely hate marv as a play by play guy.  He has totally lost it. He never focuses on the game and spends half the time clowning around with the color guy.  When fratello is paired with him, it's a nightmare.

That is why I actually like hubie. All x's and o's and stays focused on the game.

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 12:28:22 AM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
Blatantly insulting the entire organization and it's fanbase shouldn't be overlooked. I hope some media outlet covers this. Nothing he said was factual and he clearly had an agenda and bone to pick with the Celtics.

If this was a New York telecast no biggie. We hear far more from Tommy. But the fact this was a nationally televised game, and he's supposed to be impartial, really made my blood boil. There's a lot of people out there who have never been to Boston or the Garden, and wouldn't know any better. They'd probably take what he said as fact.

Personally i've left several games with my ears ringing unable to hear the drummers outside even. This may happen in other arenas. I highly doubt Boston though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:26:20 AM by CelticHooligan3 »

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 12:29:40 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I did not see the game tonight, but as a season ticket holder, this year, for the first time, I have felt that at times they are pumping up the volume. However, the only time I have noticed it is during player introductions. I look around and see many people either just sitting there or standing and not yelling or clapping, yet it sounds so loud that the roof could fall in. However, if the Celts say on Twitter they have never done it, I believe them. I actually mentioned it to my son during the Bulls game last week. The stands were pretty empty because it was a 7 p.m. game, yet the sound was deafening for the player intros. I really don't care if they do or don't do it, but if they deny it, I believe what the Celts say.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 12:37:26 AM by vinnie »

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 01:23:42 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:52 AM »

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
Thanks for the link CelticHooligan3 on Marv the Perv....how did he ever get back on TV...terrible job tonight by the Perv

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 08:12:56 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Wyc has specifically denied this in the past.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 08:17:08 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The most annoying thing was that him and Kerr stopped acknowledging the game for a good 10 minutes talking about it.

10 minutes? I definitely think it was longer than that. Also that coupled with the talk about trash talkers for another 10 minutes to end the half. They weren't even talking about the game.

I actually don't mind most broadcasters. I get annoyed with them about certain things on occasion but this was a combination of "well at least talk about the game and are you really bashing the Celtics right now....and something like that of all things?"

I could see him talking about KG being dirty and roll my eyes or whatever. But this stadium stuff was from left field

Yeah it went on far too long for something that I couild care less about. I really dislike Kerr so that was an added bonus!! Oye. Just give me Van Gundy every national broadcast game and Id be happy.