Author Topic: What's up Marv Alberts Butt?  (Read 6237 times)

What's up Marv Alberts Butt?
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:55:30 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Has this not been mentioned yet?

Marv apparently has had some serious issues as he was talking for the entire first half about how it's not fair that the Celtics "pump" in noise in the stadium. His voice was quivering while talking about it as he  explained how they were pumping in Boos for Carmelo anythony and cheers for the Celtics.

How bizarre was this? It was so awkward he was complaining to  Steve Kerr and Kerr didn't really know what to say. He was talking about how they always do it and he used some word like "corny" or "cheesy" something like that but he seemed legitmately angry about it.

I've been to plenty of Celts games in my life and have never noticed them pumping in noise. I guess I'll try and listen extra carefully next time I'm there and see if I can tell but that was weird.

Also them talking about the best trash talkers for 20 min was pretty annoying as well.

Re: What's up Marv Alberts Butt?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:57:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Pretty sure he's imagining things.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:57:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Marv apparently has had some serious issues as he was talking for the entire first half about how it's not fair that the Celtics "pump" in noise in the stadium. His voice was quivering while talking about it as he  explained how they were pumping in Boos for Carmelo anythony and cheers for the Celtics.

How bizarre was this? It was so awkward he was complaining to  Steve Kerr and Kerr didn't really know what to say. He was talking about how they always do it and he used some word like "corny" or "cheesy" something like that but he seemed legitmately angry about it.

I've been to plenty of Celts games in my life and have never noticed them pumping in noise. I guess I'll try and listen extra carefully next time I'm there and see if I can tell but that was weird.

Also them talking about the best trash talkers for 20 min was pretty annoying as well.

Celtics' official twitter said we don't , and never have.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:58:47 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Have to admit, this irritated me as well.  It was disrespectful to the Boston fanbase.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:58:54 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I think he's hearing the wind hitting his toupee
DKC Suns

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 10:59:13 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Maybe he was accused for sexual assault or somethi-oh wait.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:12 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:09:43 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:02:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Want to know the answer to the question the thread title is asking, just do a quick google search for "Marv Albert arrest".

I still to this day can not believe any network would allow him on air.  He is a sick man.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:03:20 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I hope the Boston media make an issue out of this. It was some extremely questionable accusations that to any of my experiences in the garden has no basis in fact. I've been there many times and that crowd is very loud very Boston and very genuine.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 11:04:48 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I hope the Boston media make an issue out of this. It was some extremely questionable accusations that to any of my experiences in the garden has no basis in fact. I've been there many times and that crowd is very loud very Boston and very genuine.

I don't put any wieght in anything that disgusting piece of trash says.  He obviously dilusional.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
he was a knicks announcer for many years, but yea that was really annoying.

What a creepy little man he is....

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
The most annoying thing was that him and Kerr stopped acknowledging the game for a good 10 minutes talking about it.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 11:10:43 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I've just never heard any broadcaster say it about anywhere.

Maybe I've heard Gorman chuckle at the "Lets go Cavs/Hawks!" chant by the announcer but thats it.

Also if you have any clue about this ownership they are pretty old school compared to most of the NBA these days. Last team to get cheerleaders, dont have the supid balloon things behind the basket, dont make everyone wear a stupid "white out" shirt or Blue thunder shirt in the playoffs...im sure im missing some other stupid stuff they don't do as well

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
The most annoying thing was that him and Kerr stopped acknowledging the game for a good 10 minutes talking about it.

I think Kerr was confused. I know I was.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 11:12:20 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

He's a hardcore Knicks fan, should this be a surprise?