Author Topic: Celtics team is an embarassment.  (Read 2881 times)

Celtics team is an embarassment.
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:48:02 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Someone needs to interview Larry Bird, or maybe not, because we know what he would say about players not giving effort and basically sucking. Once you have one weak link, (Jet, Jeff Green) disease and infectious overpayed people not giving effort because they already got paid and they can, you are toast as a team. There are a number of players on this team that bring shame to wearing the Celtic Green jersey. If I were PP, KG and Rondo I would be over it too.

I'm not sure if I've said this enough, or if you have listened, but Jeff Green and Jason Terry are single-handedly bring this team down. Get rid of them and this team gets better immediately.

I've not seen so less care and effort given be a team in my life, its shameful and embarrassing. I am at a loss as to why DA or Doc just won't do something about it now. You heard what Doc said the other day, shut up Doc and DO SOMETHING NOW!

Re: Celtics team is an embarassment.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120

[Edited.  Comments like this our not permissible.  Please review our posting rules, especially as related to tone.]

They gave it their best effort
You win some and you lose some
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:03:37 AM by Roy H. »

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:54:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

[Edited.  Comments like this our not permissible.  Please review our posting rules, especially as related to tone.]
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:02:59 AM by Roy H. »
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:56:45 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Hit up Bird on twitter let me know what he says

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:18 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This thread is a embarassment.
No, in this particular case you lose some, you lose some, and then you lose some more.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The Celtics played HARD tonight. The effort was consistently there. We just couldn't make a basket.

Boston is primarily a jump shooting team and no one could hit outside of Rondo and Pierce.

Our defense looked really good for most of the game. If we put forth that effort and intensity consistently then we will start winning games. Eventually these guys will start making shots.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I have accepted the fact the window is closed for Pierce Garnett and Rondo for competing for a champoinship. The battle was lost by Danny Ainge trying to reload on the fly. Jason Terty - bust. Courtney Lee - bust. Darko Milicic - Complete bust Jason Collins - bust. Avery Bradley - bust so far. WILCOX bust. Basically this off season was a complete bust for the Celtics. The Celtics will battle hard get a playoff spot and lose the First round.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 11:12:57 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Couldnt have said it any better.

This is a game where they gave total effort and just fell short.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
The Celtics played HARD tonight. The effort was consistently there. We just couldn't make a basket.

Boston is primarily a jump shooting team and no one could hit outside of Rondo and Pierce.

Our defense looked really good for most of the game. If we put forth that effort and intensity consistently then we will start winning games. Eventually these guys will start making shots.

A sane team does not rely on jumpers. geezus. there are plenty ways to attack the basket. cutters, dribble drives, dishes, pick n roll. and a..yes...wait for it...wait for it......POST UP. As terrible of an offensive coach doc is i defend him tonight though. he told them to attack and they FAILED EPICALLY!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 11:23:37 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Really??

Wow....apparently we were watching two different games.
The game I saw tonight included Rondo, UNDERNEATH THE NET, passing it to Brandon Bass for an assist after Bass made a steal.

The game I also saw tonight, included a half-assed pass from Terry which Pierce didn't see coming.

Then I also saw Pierce make a very lame attempt at trying to track down the pass Rondo made to him at the very end.

The only thing to me right now more upsetting then the way the Celtics are playing or those defending them is that jackass Marv Albert accusing the city for pumping up fake crowd noise.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Someone needs to interview Larry Bird, or maybe not, because we know what he would say about players not giving effort and basically sucking. Once you have one weak link, (Jet, Jeff Green) disease and infectious overpayed people not giving effort because they already got paid and they can, you are toast as a team. There are a number of players on this team that bring shame to wearing the Celtic Green jersey. If I were PP, KG and Rondo I would be over it too.

I'm not sure if I've said this enough, or if you have listened, but Jeff Green and Jason Terry are single-handedly bring this team down. Get rid of them and this team gets better immediately.

I've not seen so less care and effort given be a team in my life, its shameful and embarrassing. I am at a loss as to why DA or Doc just won't do something about it now. You heard what Doc said the other day, shut up Doc and DO SOMETHING NOW!

Sometimes, coming back to the forums after a loss and reading whiny posts like this, is more entertaining than the games themselves

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 11:28:44 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Just gotta wait for the right roster move to present itself. Whether it's internal or bringing in a new team member.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 11:29:17 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
I have accepted the fact the window is closed for Pierce Garnett and Rondo for competing for a champoinship. The battle was lost by Danny Ainge trying to reload on the fly. Jason Terty - bust. Courtney Lee - bust. Darko Milicic - Complete bust Jason Collins - bust. Avery Bradley - bust so far. WILCOX bust. Basically this off season was a complete bust for the Celtics. The Celtics will battle hard get a playoff spot and lose the First round.

How in the _____ do you label Bradley a bust?
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:31:17 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Really??

Wow....apparently we were watching two different games.
The game I saw tonight included Rondo, UNDERNEATH THE NET, passing it to Brandon Bass for an assist after Bass made a steal.

The game I also saw tonight, included a half-assed pass from Terry which Pierce didn't see coming.

Then I also saw Pierce make a very lame attempt at trying to track down the pass Rondo made to him at the very end.

The only thing to me right now more upsetting then the way the Celtics are playing or those defending them is that jackass Marv Albert accusing the city for pumping up fake crowd noise.

You didn't see the team holding the Knicks to 38% shooting (28%  from 3's) and hold this high powered offense to 89 points?

The effort was there, especially defensively. We made mistakes but so did NY. In the end, we xouldnt make shots and we lost. But what they did tonight was far from embarrasing.

Disappointing, yeah. Embarassing, youre way overreacting I think.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:17 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25

How in the _____ do you label Bradley a bust?

he is one of *those* that thought expected Bradley's return to end the Celtic's woes