Author Topic: Our new go to guy  (Read 5402 times)

Re: Our new go to guy
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2013, 11:15:19 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This team doesn't have a go-to guy right now.

Pierce has been the guy in the past.  Rondo was our best plaer on the floor last night (and on most nights) by far yet I don't think he's a go-to guy right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2013, 05:28:50 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
There's two different Paul's

There's Vintage Paul who will light you up and put on skates with his footwork.

Then there's Desperate Paul. And I've seen desperation too much from him. He wants to force his Vintage to come out and it doesn't always show up. So he chucks up shots. Doesn't pass the ball. And tries to do spin moves and fancy feet and he tries to draw the vet fouls and it just gets tiring.

I want Vintage Paul to take that shot any night. But last night Paul DID decide to be more of a captain and acknowledge his flaws in the second half. He passed the ball much more. Lots more ball movement. But I think in that, he got too caught up with being a 'decoy' and lost focus and/or confidence. He didn't take that wide open shot (which I understand why he didn't) and he had those last moment lapses and fumbles.

He has to be better at distinguishing between his two personalities and how to help his team better. But, he is the captain. And in clutch moments, he has to be that.

Our new go to? Rondo
He made the last 6 points last night. And we kept getting stops when we got within 2 and all of a sudden Rondo didn't want to hit any more shots...this happened like 3 or 4 trips. He shoulda taken another shot...he was making them.

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2013, 08:41:30 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Bass with 0 points and 2 rebounds 1 assist and 1 steal. 

And the stats look better than he played.

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

There's Vintage Paul who will light you up and put on skates with his footwork.

Then there's Desperate Paul. And I've seen desperation too much from him. He wants to force his Vintage to come out and it doesn't always show up. So he chucks up shots. Doesn't pass the ball. And tries to do spin moves and fancy feet and he tries to draw the vet fouls and it just gets tiring.

I want Vintage Paul to take that shot any night. But last night Paul DID decide to be more of a captain and acknowledge his flaws in the second half. He passed the ball much more. Lots more ball movement. But I think in that, he got too caught up with being a 'decoy' and lost focus and/or confidence. He didn't take that wide open shot (which I understand why he didn't) and he had those last moment lapses and fumbles.

He has to be better at distinguishing between his two personalities and how to help his team better. But, he is the captain. And in clutch moments, he has to be that.

Our new go to? Rondo
He made the last 6 points last night. And we kept getting stops when we got within 2 and all of a sudden Rondo didn't want to hit any more shots...this happened like 3 or 4 trips. He shoulda taken another shot...he was making them.

Lol, get use to these headers :P

There's Vintage Paul who will light you up and put on skates with his footwork. (makes me wanna keep his jersey)

Our new go to? Rondo

??? deja vu
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:04:12 PM by dark_lord »