Author Topic: Our new go to guy  (Read 5406 times)

Our new go to guy
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:37:26 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Pierce is no longer a viable solution every time.

Who should it be?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Our new go to guy
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:04 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Jason Terry

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Lee, maybe?

Terry... Slumping. Rondo, KG....?

Bass, Green, Bradley... Nah
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 10:41:14 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
no one... thats our problem.

rondo isnt the go to guy on a team. he needs to play with a go to guy, his game is designed around setting up others for easy shots (i.e the big 3 in their prime).

pp and kg can't be expected to carry a team on a nightly basis anymore. as much as I hate to say it, we need a carmelo anthony

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 10:42:41 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Rondo is the best creator on the team. He has been for quite a long time now.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I still like Pierce in this role, but he needs help.

This team needs help, or just more time to gel.

I'm going to go with the former, here.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 10:44:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
no one... thats our problem.

rondo isnt the go to guy on a team. he needs to play with a go to guy, his game is designed around setting up others for easy shots (i.e the big 3 in their prime).

pp and kg can't be expected to carry a team on a nightly basis anymore. as much as I hate to say it, we need a carmelo anthony
Rondo pretty much carry this team. Pierce is done.  I think making him come from the bench won't hurt at this point or dramatically decrease his PT.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Rondo.  When he's invested, he's this team's best scorer now.

Pierce had one blistering stretch this year where he was lighting everybody up and scoring from all over the court, but in general he's been inefficient at best and ineffective at worst.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 10:46:23 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Jared Sullenger or Jeff Green
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47:03 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
I wonder why KG never gives us go-ahead game winners, ever. He's never been given the chance and likely does not want to take blame if he misses.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 10:48:50 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Coming into the season, Rondo was expected to be this guy.  Unfortunately, his jumper, while improved, isn't respectable enough to the point where teams are going to fight over screens for him.

Until Rondo can get a good, solid jumper, he won't be an ideal option for a crunch-time bucket.  If he can, though, he'll be deadly.  That mixture of jump-shooting, driving ability, and passing is scary.

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:55 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I wonder why KG never gives us go-ahead game winners, ever. He's never been given the chance and likely does not want to take blame if he misses.

Lol, nice baseless conjecture.

I do agree with the first part of that sentence though - I think a KG jumper is much better than what Pierce normally comes up with in the clutch these days.

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:51:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
At this point, I'd be rather shocked if Danny doesn't do an about face and make a trade.

I'm starting to get convinced that this team needs more than what we have right now.

The funny thing with this team is that - unlike the Lakers - we've actually beaten some good - even elite - teams...with AB and without.

Just don't know what is wrong.

To be honest, Paul Pierce not making the ASG is a GOOD thing...stay home, Paul. Get some rest.

The man will more than likely still have to do more of the same heavy lifting for this team after the ASG.

I hope he has some help by then.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:16 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Lol, nice baseless conjecture.

I do agree with the first part of that sentence though - I think a KG jumper is much better than what Pierce normally comes up with in the clutch these days.

In all his years, he mostly has taken jumpers when already tied, with not much to lose. With his personality and skill, it's almost guaranteed he doesn't want the shot. He rarely takes game winners when down 1. I think he just doesn't want to, whether it be to save face or he just isn't clutch, which is doubtful.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:43 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Coming into the season, Rondo was expected to be this guy.  Unfortunately, his jumper, while improved, isn't respectable enough to the point where teams are going to fight over screens for him.

Until Rondo can get a good, solid jumper, he won't be an ideal option for a crunch-time bucket.  If he can, though, he'll be deadly.  That mixture of jump-shooting, driving ability, and passing is scary.

We get it.  You don't like Rondo and you would blame him no matter how good he is or how sensational he is such as tonight's game.  It's getting old

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell