Author Topic: Big Al? Idea  (Read 937 times)

Big Al? Idea
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Would you guys do this if Al would sign an extension?

Big Al
Randy Foye

for

Rondo
Terry

Foye is much better than most of you think.  If we could get Reddick as well we could have a guard rotation of Bradley, Foye, Redick, Lee.  Al would play center with KG at PF.  I think this makes a ton of sense for both teams given Al is willing to extend.  Thoughts?
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

Re: Big Al? Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 10:56:38 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No chance. Dont want Big Al back. Good offense. Terrible defender. Every team he has gone to performs worse once he is there. Not a winner.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:17 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
No chance. Dont want Big Al back. Good offense. Terrible defender. Every team he has gone to performs worse once he is there. Not a winner.

I agree that he is a pretty sucky defender but he is a very good rebounder and an unstoppable offensive force in the paint.  I think the term "winner" is misleading.  Is Rondo a"winner"?  If so, why?  Because he was carried to a ring by PP and KG?  Since he has become the Cs "leader" they certainly haven't been winning....

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:03:46 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
really? ugh. jazz with a steal.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 11:06:19 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

I agree that he is a pretty sucky defender but he is a very good rebounder and an unstoppable offensive force in the paint.  I think the term "winner" is misleading.  Is Rondo a"winner"?  If so, why?  Because he was carried to a ring by PP and KG?  Since he has become the Cs "leader" they certainly haven't been winning....

rondo has done nothing but prove to be a winner?  troll comment

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 11:14:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Rondo is a better building block and a better player than Al.  No thanks.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 11:30:09 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton

rondo has done nothing but prove to be a winner?  troll comment

Haha.....you calling ME a troll?  Cmon, man....I've been here longer than and have more comments than you - even though I rarely comment.

Anyway the bottom line is that the biggest issue on this team right now is mentality.  The lack of the "winning attitude" begins and ends with Rondo.  Rondo's value will never be any higher than it is right now.  If he stays around their chemistry and team mentality will never improve.  Its time for Danny to cash in on him while he is at his highest value - especially considering his contract.

If we get a borderline allstar center and a young(ish) PG/SG who can outright score and play above average D  - I think that is decent value.  Maybe Danny can get more for him but I thought this was a reasonable deal all things considered.  .  -- teams situation, contracts, etc.