Poll

Would u like the Celtics to get Dwight Howard??

Yes
35 (53%)
No
31 (47%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: So Dwight Howard?? (Merged)  (Read 11864 times)

Re: Poll: Do u want Dwight Howard?
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:53 AM »

Kiorrik

Voted no, because I think the cost would be too high, regardless.

My goodness. Cost is too high?! Please tell me how much cost today’s Pierce??? How much you cost Wilcox+Collins+Terry&Co
I reckon we'd loose a fair bit of flexibility, depth, money. All tied up into one questionable asset. I just don't trust the guy fully, his mentality. Also, don't know if he'd be a good fit, chemistry-wise. You saw what happened after Perk left.

I just don't know, and don't like to take chances like that.

Just my humble opinion m8. No need to be all upset/irrate over my opinion buddy. Calm down. You'll give yourself a heart-attack.

Re: Dwight Howard??
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:06 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaw94km GET'ER DONE DANNY!!!! LAKERS WANNA MAKE A TRADE!!!!!!!!!! SEND LAKERS 1ST & 2ND ROUNDER @NBA #NBA #BASKETBALL #TRADE
Alot to give up..but if Howard sign long term i do it..Lakers do it in a second
Lol @ "Alot to give up"...

Dwight Howard is the best big man in the league.  You could offer Rondo, all our young assets and all our upcoming 1st rounders and it wouldn't be enough to land the big fella in Boston. 

Not happening.  Forget about it.

Right now Howard is at best a top five center. If he regains most of his athleticism, he could be no. 1 again.

Howard is still the leagues best center regardless of how much athleticism he has at this point. Playing for the lakers and not getting to be a bigger part of their system is severely holding him back

Tim Duncan, Anderson Varejao, Tyson Chandler, DeMarcus Cousins and Brook Lopez have all played better than Howard this season. Especially his defense is not up to his DPOY standard. And that is not only a system problem.

Howard is averaging 17 points and 12 rebounds a game with 2.5 blocks a 1 steal while shooting 57% from the field on only 10 shots per game. I feel that he is certainly on par with the rest of those players. If you were to choose on center out of all those guys to place in the middle of a starting franchise you wouldn't choose Howard?

(Maybe Cousins just because of his youth)

Its funny because I hate Howard. I am very anti Howard. But I still think he is the top of the leagues center crop. The system he is playing in is holding him back completely, and since he is an emotional idiot, he is letting those emotions play out and restrict him from his potential.

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:48 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
dwight is being held back by kobe jacking up shots.

Re: So Dwight Howard?? (Merged)
« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:59 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Tim Duncan has played better than Dwight Howard this season.

I think Joakim Noah and Tyson Chandler have a case as well due to their superior defensive impact while Howard has been recovering from that back injury.

Marc Gasol would be another nominee. Superior offensive impact. Comparable defensive impact. Inferior rebounder. The difference on the boards is considerable.

Then there is Garnett and Bosh. I take Dwight ahead of Bosh and probably ahead of Garnett. Not sure about Marc Gasol. So I'd have Dwight as the 4th or 5th best center so far this season.

Dwight Howard has been improving as the year goes on though (especially defensively) so Dwight could / should surpass some or all 3-4 of those other guys before the year ends.

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
dwight is being held back by kobe jacking up shots.

Agreed. One way to put it. System issue.

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2013, 11:18:36 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Dwight Howard's struggles at the FT line and continued turnover problems have hurt his impact as a scorer.

The 57.6% field goal percentage is great (on 10.3 FGAs) but Dwight is also only shooting 50.4% on 9.6 free throw attempts per game and is averaging 3.1 turnovers per game.

When accounting for those FTs and TOs, Dwight Howard is actually scoring at a below average rate (0.92 vs 0.95 points per possession). Wow, that is actually surprising. I thought Dwight was around average last time I checked his scoring stats. That is a substantial dip.

Anyway, my point, Dwight Howard isn't being as efficient offensively as he has been in the past. These last two years really. His FG% has dropped to 57% from 59-61% the two previous years and his FT% is down from 60% to 50% plus Dwight has always had turnover issues. So the scoring efficiency has declined quite a bit, this year and last.

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Wow very close..reminds me of Bush vs Gore
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2013, 07:35:03 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Kobe confronts Howard in meeting

Posted Thu, 24 Jan 2013 11:19:13 GMT   

In order to move forward and turn around their disappointing season, the Los Angeles Lakers attempted to let go of their past frustrations with a team meeting Wednesday.

Prior to the team's shootaround in preparation for the Lakers' game against the Memphis Grizzlies, coach Mike D'Antoni invited members of the team to air their grievances, according to a team source.

One example of the rocky relationship between the two Western Conference All-Star starters, according to a league source, was a game this season when Howard harped to a teammate about the disparity between his and Bryant's shots while sitting on the bench. The teammate called Bryant over so Howard could tell it to Bryant's face, but Howard refused to speak up.

Lakers forward Antawn Jamison, a 15-year veteran who said he has "seen it all" in his time in the league, said this could be a make-or-break point for L.A.

"Now we're at the wall and we're going to find a way to help each other over that wall, or we're going to let the wall push us back even farther," Jamison said.

D'Antoni said it's an issue of the entire team coming together.

Jamison said, "Let's just have fun, man, and enjoy this journey and just pull for each other and realize that this is a special team. The first half of this season has been an embarrassment. We've been the laughingstock of the NBA. So, let's turn that embarrassment into one of the best stories in sports history and turn things around."

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2013, 07:47:00 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Kobe can ban u from NBA..just ask smush parker (think that was his name)
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Howard is powerful individual...but he an't no Bill Russell...he is sorta goofy, low IQ,  horrible shot unless its a dunk. 

LA deserves him....maybe in 5 years he'll mature to a 20 year old level.

« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2013, 09:11:16 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Dwight's got the wrong temperament to play in Boston.
"Suit up every day."