Author Topic: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***  (Read 18458 times)

Re: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
this game is played at two ends of the court, not one, if you fail to understand it, it's only a problem of yours.

a player of great talent, who's I is clearly ahead of the team.  Very typical for NBA, but his situation is even more intense.  I think the team where he's the key player and a star doesn't win a title.

Yes, that's how basketball works, players that are unselfish with the ball and get their teammates involved in the offense are routinely attacked for not being team players. It's just a burden they have to bear.

...unless it's any player in the nba besides Rondo, in which case the above doesn't apply.

I understand that perfectly well. Just like I understand that people who attack Rondo for cheating into the passing lanes have no idea whether Doc wants him to do that or not.

I guess when he's asked about defensive problems and Doc mentions "we're gambling too much on defense" he's actually saying that he wants Rondo to cheating into the passing lane.

Just like you guess that every negative comment Doc makes about the team is directed mainly at Rondo.
Well I happen to agree with BC here. Doc has directly criticized Rondo by name for his defensive gambling ways before. I think when he mentions it now without naming names, he is definitely including Rondo amongst the players he is talking about.

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2013, 04:07:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
the best all around basketball player i've seen the celtics draft since larry bird

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2013, 04:09:09 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
i'm sorry i didn't read all this i thought it was sarcasm
there is a whole thread basing rondo?

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Lol, I made this thread like days before the critical injury happened. How ironic his rival D.Rose was just coming back... it really seems like those conspiracy fans are right, like how they were saying the league is always making LeBron's path to the finals is fixed and smoothen out.. :-\

PS: Let it all out guys! Keep attacking Rondo!  ;D
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
this game is played at two ends of the court, not one, if you fail to understand it, it's only a problem of yours.

a player of great talent, who's I is clearly ahead of the team.  Very typical for NBA, but his situation is even more intense.  I think the team where he's the key player and a star doesn't win a title.

Yes, that's how basketball works, players that are unselfish with the ball and get their teammates involved in the offense are routinely attacked for not being team players. It's just a burden they have to bear.

...unless it's any player in the nba besides Rondo, in which case the above doesn't apply.

I understand that perfectly well. Just like I understand that people who attack Rondo for cheating into the passing lanes have no idea whether Doc wants him to do that or not.

I guess when he's asked about defensive problems and Doc mentions "we're gambling too much on defense" he's actually saying that he wants Rondo to cheating into the passing lane.

Just like you guess that every negative comment Doc makes about the team is directed mainly at Rondo.
Well I happen to agree with BC here. Doc has directly criticized Rondo by name for his defensive gambling ways before. I think when he mentions it now without naming names, he is definitely including Rondo amongst the players he is talking about.

I remember Doc directly criticizing Rondo for gambling on defense 4-5 years ago, I think it was more of a regular issue at the time. When he says on occasion "we're gambling too much" I'd say that a) it's something that he only complains about at times and b) that it's something he wants to fine tune, not eliminate. He's not saying "we shouldn't be gambling on defense", he's saying "we gamble too much on defense". That means that he wants to see some gambling, just less of it than he's seeing at the time. "Sometimes we gamble too much on defense, sometimes we don't" isn't the same as "Doc doesn't want Rondo to gamble at all on defense".

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Why are we bashing the best PG in the world or anyone for that matter? Dumb thread.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2013, 04:26:10 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i have a love/hate relationship with rondo.  his inconsistency, lack of defense, and "turning it on" when he wants is beyond frustrating.

HOWEVER, he plays ball to the walls in the post season and when he is on, he is on!

I just can never get behind a thread that deliberately "bashes" one of our guys for what he does when it matters most (post season).  He has his personality quirks, but i still cant "bash" him for the sake of doing it. he has done far more good than bad for the celts

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2013, 04:26:29 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
i'm sorry i didn't read all this i thought it was sarcasm
there is a whole thread basing rondo?

More like 3-5 whole threads.

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
Why are we bashing the best PG in the world or anyone for that matter? Dumb thread.
second that

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2013, 04:45:02 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Who's bashing Chris Paul?

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

No comment, since Rondo is better.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
we SHOULD bash a guy who :
plays passing lanes
seems to pad stats, once bragged he could average a triple double
seems to take games off, once shot left handed for an entire game (off hand)
calls out teammates through the press both tv and papers
not an easy teammate to have, expects the best from everyone
hot shot passes that sometimes lead to turnovers

i could go on
 8)

anyone?

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:26 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

No comment, since Rondo is better.

That seems like a comment to me.  An inaccurate one, but a comment nonetheless.

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2013, 05:13:03 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Lol, I made this thread like days before the critical injury happened. How ironic his rival D.Rose was just coming back... it really seems like those conspiracy fans are right, like how they were saying the league is always making LeBron's path to the finals is fixed and smoothen out.. :-\

Ottawa is in France right?

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

Ottawa is in France right?

French Canada, so they do speak French.