Author Topic: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***  (Read 18543 times)

Re: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:36 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Rondo played incredible down the stretch, but he made one critical mistake.

On our last possession, he picked up his dribble, anticipating that Pierce was going to come off the screen clean.  I know Shumpert was guarding him, but if you're Rondo, you keep that dribble alive.

What if Pierce doesn't come off (which is what happened)?  What do you do now?  You've got a great defender who's taller than you, and its unlikely any teammates are coming to get the ball.  Oh, I almost forgot, you have no timeouts.

Again, great game for Rajon, but that decision might have cost us a chance to tie the game.

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 10:47:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Solid triple double. Again. It's not Rondo. Period. Blame Pierce all you want.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 10:48:17 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Still blaming Rondo?

It's disgusting how ungrateful pepole are to this guy.  People should be ashamed of themselves

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

On our last possession, he picked up his dribble, anticipating that Pierce was going to come off the screen clean.  I know Shumpert was guarding him, but if you're Rondo, you keep that dribble alive.

What if Pierce doesn't come off (which is what happened)?  What do you do now?  You've got a great defender who's taller than you, and its unlikely any teammates are coming to get the ball.  Oh, I almost forgot, you have no timeouts.

Again, great game for Rajon, but that decision might have cost us a chance to tie the game.

Basically what Rondo should've done was clone himself so he could cleanly catch his own pass.

That's what really cost us the game.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2013, 10:51:28 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

That's not a mistake or a bad decision. That's execution. You can't lose a game on the final possession, unless you blow an open layup or something like that.

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2013, 10:53:50 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

Basically what Rondo should've done was clone himself so he could cleanly catch his own pass.

That's what really cost us the game.

Obviously!!!
DKC Suns

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Rondo played well tonight. We just didnt win. It happens

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2013, 10:57:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Rondo's mistake was passing ball to Pierce at all.  Pierce was playing like hot garbage.

I would have rather seen Rondo take the 3 himself (and yes, I realize it likely wouldn't have gone in).  At least we would have gotten a shot.

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2013, 11:22:56 PM »

Offline Jay D

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

Rondo's mistake was passing ball to Pierce at all.  Pierce was playing like hot garbage.

I would have rather seen Rondo take the 3 himself (and yes, I realize it likely wouldn't have gone in).  At least we would have gotten a shot.

I kinda wanted Rondo to take the shot as well. But this thread would have gone to 30 pages in a minute if he had taken it and missed...

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Rondo did not play a bad game tonight against tje Knicks but he made some mistakes that took points off the board. Sadly Pierce and KG cannot keep up with Rondo. So I think Rondo and KG  need  to be traded to kick start the rebuilding process. After  last years miraculous run to Game Seven of the ECF, I knew that we had milked the Pierce, Garnett, Ray Allen,  and Rondo era.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 12:01:42 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Im bashing Rondo tonight for putting a triple double and not making enough plays to win the game.

Once again, I hope he gets traded already, quickly, ASAP. He does not deserve the treatment some, if not majority of the fans give him. Despite a monster game, its still somehow his fault.

Trade hin to a place where he'll be appreciated.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2013, 10:08:58 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
 8)
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2013, 10:41:03 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
8)

I don't get it. Are you happy that Rondo tore his ACL and is out for the season?

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2013, 10:43:38 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
8)

I don't get it. Are you happy that Rondo tore his ACL and is out for the season?

What is there not to get?

There is obviously a substantial number of posters here on this blog that are seriously sick in the head.

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2013, 10:51:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
8)

What is there not to get?

There is obviously a substantial number of posters here on this blog that are seriously sick in the head.

It really is beyond sick if this is what the poster meant.