Author Topic: Don't look now... (Ray Allen content inside)  (Read 3206 times)

Don't look now... (Ray Allen content inside)
« on: January 24, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Looks like he can't wait to get out of the great situation he's found himself in in Miami :)

http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2013/01/24/heat-guard-ray-allen-says-retirement-could-be-a-consideration-after-this-season
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Don't look now... (Ray Allen content inside)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 12:39:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
as much as I hate Ray, and I really do hate him, this sounds pretty similar to what Pierce and KG say every year the last few years

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 12:52:50 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
We miss you Ray!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 12:57:07 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
If they win a title he will probably walk, if not his ankles will dictate what happens.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 01:26:54 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Looks like he can't wait to get out of the great situation he's found himself in in Miami :)

http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2013/01/24/heat-guard-ray-allen-says-retirement-could-be-a-consideration-after-this-season

TP for the article, Koz. Good read.

Check out this article also, especially towards the end where he talks about his time here and his role. Seems a little different than what I remember.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-01-20/sports/sfl-miami-heat-ray-allen-s012013_1_td-garden-erik-spoelstra-garnett-and-rajon-rondo

The lack of set plays (for him, esp) in the cHeat offense is messing with his OCD bigtime.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:43:41 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Check out this article also, especially towards the end where he talks about his time here and his role. Seems a little different than what I remember.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-01-20/sports/sfl-miami-heat-ray-allen-s012013_1_td-garden-erik-spoelstra-garnett-and-rajon-rondo

The lack of set plays (for him, esp) in the cHeat offense is messing with his OCD bigtime.
What he says makes him sound like he's actually handling the ball in Miami. Not that I watch their games, but I don't think this is the case. Just like last year, half of his shots are threes, and they're assisted 95% of the time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:46:02 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

What he says makes him sound like he's actually handling the ball in Miami. Not that I watch their games, but I don't think this is the case.

From the comments of many of the fans on the Miami boards, his D (or lack thereof) and his being turnover prone when handling the ball seem to be their two biggest complaints.

Here's one:

Ray Allen is no key. He just needs to hit his threes and not get too comfortable out of his role like he usually likes to because he's far too turnover prone.

Remember, there's a reason why Boston easily favored Avery Bradley and also signed Jet without much hesitation. Ray's a huge liability on defense and can't do much but shoot. I don't know what you guys expect from him? If he gives around 12.5 ppg a game i'm more than satisfied"

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1226227

That sounds familiar, huh?

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 01:48:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
From the comments of many of the fans on the Miami boards, his D (or lack thereof) and his being turnover prone when handling the ball seem to be their two biggest complaints.

Shocker  ;D

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Shocker  ;D

Koz, you are QUICK, and I am a slow typer.

I modified my post above and added a sample quote and link you might find interesting.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Shocker  ;D

I modified my post above and added a sample quote and link you might find interesting.
Yeah, I actually found this post independently in the meanwhile.

I guess dear old Ray has tuned out the memories about the time when he played backup PG, because the alternative was Eddie House.

Also, we had multiple plays that involved him driving to the basket (remember Tommy gushing about how smooth he looks driving to the basket? I do!).

Revisionist history at its best.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
"When I got to Boston," Allen said, "is when Doc kept me from handling the ball and just kept me on the perimeter and kept me over in the corner, which I wasn't particularly happy with. I just adjusted to what I needed to do for there."

Heckle, boo & hiss this turncoat. 

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Ray Allen will be fine here. He wins his ring and walks away.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 02:17:05 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Someone should inform the author that Ray Allen isn't (nor has he ever been) commonly known as the greatest shooter in league history.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 02:18:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
"When I got to Boston," Allen said, "is when Doc kept me from handling the ball and just kept me on the perimeter and kept me over in the corner, which I wasn't particularly happy with. I just adjusted to what I needed to do for there."

Heckle, boo & hiss this turncoat.

I prefer tar and feathering.  ;D

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Shocker  ;D

Yeah, I actually found this post independently in the meanwhile.

I guess dear old Ray has tuned out the memories about the time when he played backup PG, because the alternative was Eddie House.

Also, we had multiple plays that involved him driving to the basket (remember Tommy gushing about how smooth he looks driving to the basket? I do!).

Revisionist history at its best.

Perhaps most memorable illustration of this was when he broke Sasha Vuvejic's (sp??) ankles. I sure do remember. Judas obviously doesn't.