Author Topic: One more sac bos trade idea  (Read 3234 times)

One more sac bos trade idea
« on: January 24, 2013, 09:28:12 AM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Bos sends rondo, melo
Bos receives dmc, brooks,  fredet or similar salary
Works with out melo but thought I'd sweeten pot.
Thoughts?

Re: One more sac bos trade idea
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 02:37:49 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
crickets...
my thinking is that while i love(ed) rondo, and he is not the reason we are loosing, his game is becoming frustrating to watch.
i know he steps up for the playoffs like no one else but he has become a very over confident player and takes to many nights off. when we go through a rebuilding period and he has no shot of the playoffs will he step up like he can or become totally disinterested?

we've been saying for a while that he is the corner stone to build around, we've put fast versatile players around him. has he developed chem with these guys? does he push the ball with the upcourt pass to get easy layups? no. instead he insists on dribbling the ball up the court and holding on to the ball at the top of the key for ever.
he seems to be waiting for the perfect pass for the jumpshot assist. the result is that instead of being a true facilitator who makes his teammates better he forces everybody to run around (a lot) in hopes that he will get them the ball. this must be exhausting and frustrating.
when the c's won the championship rondo was  almost a non factor in the offense. he would bring the ball up pass it off and go stand in the corner. the celtics dominated by sharing the ball, moving it around till the best shot became available.
we have all hoped that we could build an uptempo team around him but i've become convinced that he is not truly a fast break point guard. his insistence on dominating the ball is frustrating to watch and not conducive to team chemistry.
I'm not even going to talk about defense...
rondo can rack up triple doubles like no one else but it does not translate into wins.
I'd rather trade him now before his value plummets on a lottery celtics team (and it will plummet when he's not playing for a contender.)
if we could get a big of equal value back for him and a role playing point guard i'd have to pull the trigger.
DMC and brooks would be a good score. we could get back to ball movement offense and interior dominance.
alternately (as another poster suggested) a developing big like derick favors and mo williams would be reasonable return.
I'd even consider  gallinari (big game gallinari!) and andre miller.

trade machine ok's favors, williams for rondo, melo
trade machine ok's rondo, bass for miller, gallinari and koufos or mozgov)

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 02:51:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Yeah, I still think something based around Rondo/Cousins is one of the few deals that makes a lot of sense involving Rondo this season.  You get the high reward big man prospect, who has the potential to step in right away and turn things around for this team, while also giving them a potential franchise player for the future.  Those guys are rarely available for PGs, particularly ones like Rondo who have questionable trade value relative to their production, but Petrie has been a longtime Rondo fan.  And then you combine that with the fact that they have a few guys who could concievably fill in at PG for the C's, and at least you have the start of a match.

Unfortunately, with the sale in Sacramento, who knows what they are going to do with Cousins.  And we don't even know if they will clean house in the front office, and bring in someone who hates Rondo.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Yeah, I still think something based around Rondo/Cousins is one of the few deals that makes a lot of sense involving Rondo this season.  You get the high reward big man prospect, who has the potential to step in right away and turn things around for this team, while also giving them a potential franchise player for the future.  Those guys are rarely available for PGs, particularly ones like Rondo who have questionable trade value relative to their production, but Petrie has been a longtime Rondo fan.  And then you combine that with the fact that they have a few guys who could concievably fill in at PG for the C's, and at least you have the start of a match.

Unfortunately, with the sale in Sacramento, who knows what they are going to do with Cousins.  And we don't even know if they will clean house in the front office, and bring in someone who hates Rondo.

true, sac is probably in a holding pattern. probably not going to make any moves before the off season, but they could look to make a move and change the image of the franchise before the deadline.
Utah's front office also seems to value rondo.. they have a plethora of quality bigs and average point guards. though if we are trading if were trading rondo I want favors, not big al or milsap.

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 03:31:49 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'd take Isiah Thomas over Brooks. I've heard a lot of impartial people say the kid just needs more time and coaching. His confidence is down this year but he's been playing more minutes lately.

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:54:59 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I'd take Isiah Thomas over Brooks. I've heard a lot of impartial people say the kid just needs more time and coaching. His confidence is down this year but he's been playing more minutes lately.

I like thomas as well, but what is he? 5'11"?
if we are planning on starting bradley at the 2, and shipping out rondo, we should probably think about getting a bigger point guard who can handle some defensive duties against larger guards.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:19:19 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130

I like thomas as well, but what is he? 5'11"?
if we are planning on starting bradley at the 2, and shipping out rondo, we should probably think about getting a bigger point guard who can handle some defensive duties against larger guards.

I see your point but Muggsey Bogues was an effective starter in this league for many years at 5'3".

I'll take the heart, talent, and pure potential every time over raw physical traits. 

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Rondo is our best player..trade him and we be lucky to make playoffs
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Rondo is our best player..trade him and we be lucky to make playoffs

We'll be lucky to make the playoffs with him

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:02 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We'll be lucky to make the playoffs with him

I'd wager we would be in the lottery without him.