Author Topic: Jason Terry must go  (Read 4671 times)

Re: Jason Terry must go
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2013, 07:47:07 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Forty or so games in to the season, at what point is it not considered a slump?
Much like Eddie house, terry is a one trick pony, if he isn't scoring he isn't helping much.  So forty games in, he is still given time and shots.  At what point does Barbosa get those minutes?
Terry got 14 minutes and was 1-6 (with 2 rebounds and 3 assists).
Barbosa got 9 minutes and was 0-3 (with 0 rebounds, assists, steals/blocks).

Barbosa got a good amount of minutes last night relative to Terry and had a chance to make a case for himself last night but failed to make to make a case for himself. Barbosa wasn't doing anything more than Terry was doing.

That is not to say he won't going forward. But, last night specifically, Barbosa didn't deserve any more of Terry's playing time. 

Re: Jason Terry must go
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2013, 07:59:11 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think he needs to play like he was in his Dallas days.

He's pkaying within the system and thats not his game. He needs the ball in his hands, get him some iso's and picks and give him space to shoot.

He will get his rhythym back. Not giving up on Jet yet. Not until they let him play to his strengths.

The system thing nails it on the head. Hes gotta be running the two man pick and roll game with Garnett. It worked so well in Dallas. Hes not a set and shoot guy he is a create my own shot off a pick and pop guy. Put some plays in that make that work.

Cause otherwise he has been very disappointing and I was extremely excited to have him.