Author Topic: No more crazy spam, How to fix the team the right way!  (Read 1961 times)

No more crazy spam, How to fix the team the right way!
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:08:36 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
This is how u fix the Cs-- 1) Tell Rondo to play D, 2) Limit PP's mins, 3) Let Green play more. Tell him to be an Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline./ man up/ whatever he needs to think in order to get back to the Green he was with the Thunders. 4) Start Sully at PF, 5) Have Wilcox backup KG, 6)Trade Bass and picks for a Big. That guy is garbage, 7) Give Barbosa more mins. That guy can flat out score. He should be the guy backing up Rondo; not Terry, not Lee.
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Re: No more crazy spam, How to fix the team the right way!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:21:16 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Easier said than done:

1. Doc is stubborn as hell; Opting to play PP, KG;
2. Rondo has his own world at times; Terry sucks most of the time;
3. Bass is deep into his funk; If he got into it deeper he'd touch the earth's core;

Me, Id opt we get Fab Melo back here ASAP; What harm can he do.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:33:13 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Steps to success:

1. Play Jeffrey Lynn Green
2. Win the championship
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:19:32 AM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
bump
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:28:04 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
This is how u fix the Cs-- 1) Tell Rondo to play D, 2) Limit PP's mins, 3) Let Green play more. Tell him to be an ****/ man up/ whatever he needs to think in order to get back to the Green he was with the Thunders. 4) Start Sully at PF, 5) Have Wilcox backup KG, 6)Trade Bass and picks for a Big. That guy is garbage, 7) Give Barbosa more mins. That guy can flat out score. He should be the guy backing up Rondo; not Terry, not Lee.

TP couldnt agree more! Altho i still like Lee backing avery as he is "rounding into form". and I like the Brazillian Blur to back up rondo too  ;D

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
regular season Celtics team is hard to fix because of it's stubborn coach and the day to day "guess which game mode we are on" Rondo and Pierce. Plus players who i think doesn't fit the system (Terry and Green). and i agree that we should try and bring Melo here can't be worse than Collins, at least he'll gain some experience playing alongside KG.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 09:09:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah I pretty much agree with all of that. Except Barbosa getting more minutes. He is good in his short spurts but Lee is playing well and hopefully Terry can defunk himself come playoff times. Everything else is fairly spot on.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
1. I am sure Doc is telling Rondo to play defense. Rondo just isn't, even though we all have seen that he can. Telling him to do something and getting him to do it are two completely different things.

2. Pierce is already playing the least minutes of his career. His minutes are being limited.

3. The Jeff Green you are thinking about is the Jeff Green that got 37 mpg in OKC and put up okay numbers on a bad team. Jeff Green, given his skill level and performance doesn't deserve more minutes. Also, Green is a pretty passive player. He just CAN'T man up. He doesn't have it in him.

4. I agree with starting Sully. I think he has earned that right on this team.

5. Wilcox has been injured. He was backing up KG before the injury. Even though he's back, I am not sure he's completely healthy or physically ready to play. When he is, I think you will see Wilcox getting backup center minutes.

6. While I don't think Bass is garbage, I think he has returned a bit to what he was before having perhaps his best year last year. I do think trading him is going to happen as he is expendable now that Sully is shining.

7. Giving Barbosa backup PG minutes is minor tinkering at its very best. I don't see it making a major impact.

Overall, I don't see the OP's plan working to turn this team around.

I think age has caught up with some of the team's oldest players and its starting to show. I think some players are a bad fit for this team. And I think the thing that will turn this team around more than anything is the attitude of the players themselves. When they decide to put in a consistent 48 minute effort every game, they will start winning like they have in past years when they were putting in that effort(07-08, 08-09 until KG's injury, 09-10 to start the season and in the playoffs, 10-11, 11-12 to end the year)

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 11:20:20 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I think it's pretty clear now that Doc is giving Sully as close to starter's minutes as his fouling will allow, while I don't think they want to demote Bass until Danny manages to fob him off on someone.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
regular season Celtics team is hard to fix because of it's stubborn coach and the day to day "guess which game mode we are on" Rondo and Pierce. Plus players who i think doesn't fit the system (Terry and Green). and i agree that we should try and bring Melo here can't be worse than Collins, at least he'll gain some experience playing alongside KG.

so if you have those players who you don't think fit, you don't think you should...maybe...change the system a bit?

or does that make too much sense?