Author Topic: don't trade rondo  (Read 3850 times)

Re: DON'T TRADE RONDO
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 09:56:38 AM »

Offline BenHenry

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
This is no knock on Rondo and i dont see him getting traded unless we get a star in return. But how deluded do you have to be to say that Rondo is better than CP3??? He's two tiers above Rondo and it's not even close. The pure PG argument is such a defeatist attitude and doesn't make him the better player whatsoever. Not one person or team has uttered "max contract and Rondo" in the same sentence ever.

Tier 1 - CP3
Tier 2 - Rose, Westbrook
Tier 3 - Rondo, Deron Williams, K Irving, Stephen Curry and maybe a few more that i can't name now?

I get that we're Cs fans and Rondo is our boy but cmon you gotta be realistic. If you would suggest that Rondo is better than Rose or Westbrook, not even CP3, outside of this forum you'd be the laughingstock donkie of that thread and that's truth.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:04:36 AM by BenHenry »

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 10:01:04 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Don't use all caps.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 10:04:39 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
How deluded do you have to be to say that Rondo is better than CP3??? He's two tiers above Rondo and it's not even close. The pure PG argument is such a defeatist attitude and doesn't make him the better player whatsoever. Not one person or team has uttered "max contract and Rondo" in the same sentence ever.

Tier 1 - CP3
Tier 2 - Rose, Westbrook
Tier 3 - Rondo, Deron Williams, K Irving, Stephen Curry and maybe a few more that i can't name now?

I get that we're Cs fans and Rondo is our boy but cmon you gotta be realistic. If you would suggest that Rondo is better than Rose or Westbrook, not even CP3, outside of this forum you'd be the laughingstock donkie of that thread and that's truth.

fine by me if you think cp3 is God status and better than rondo...can't currently argue (Rajon has played his worst stretch in years in my mind and we're always judging in the moment)...but you over rate Paul and its painful...the clips best player is Blake Griffin, they have the best bench in the league and Chris Paul is very much human and undeserving of a tier of his own until he actually gets somewhere in the playoffs

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »

Offline BenHenry

• Xavier Tillman
How deluded do you have to be to say that Rondo is better than CP3??? He's two tiers above Rondo and it's not even close. The pure PG argument is such a defeatist attitude and doesn't make him the better player whatsoever. Not one person or team has uttered "max contract and Rondo" in the same sentence ever.

Tier 1 - CP3
Tier 2 - Rose, Westbrook

fine by me if you think cp3 is God status and better than rondo...can't currently argue...but you over rate Paul and its painful...the clips best player is Blake Griffin, they have the best bench in the league and Chris Paul is very much human and undeserving of a tier of his own until he actually gets somewhere in the playoffs

Wait, you just said "can't currently argue" then you say that i overrate CP3? That doesnt make any sense, he's the best PG in the game right now and there's really no PG that you can say that's better than him, how do you overrate that? It's simple logic and reasoning man.

So are you saying that Rondo is better than CP3? What's your point here? Im just saying that no other PG is better than CP3 right now, it's just the truth, it's not possible to say that im overrating him.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 10:19:05 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Tier 1 - CP3
Tier 2 - Rose, Westbrook

fine by me if you think cp3 is God status and better than rondo...can't currently argue...but you over rate Paul and its painful...the clips best player is Blake Griffin, they have the best bench in the league and Chris Paul is very much human and undeserving of a tier of his own until he actually gets somewhere in the playoffs

Wait, you just said "can't currently argue" then you say that i overrate CP3? That doesnt make any sense, he's the best PG in the game right now and there's really no PG that you can say that's better than him, how do you overrate that? It's simple logic and reasoning man. Stick with reality here.

I don't think he's a better player then rose or Westbrook...good point guard but not an all time great point guard in my opinion... not even the best player on his own team. you over rate him putting him on a pedestal and a tier of his own, it's ridiculous frankly...maybe I'll reconsider if the clips get to the conference finals led by Paul..until then he's overrated and I've thought it since the days everyone said He made Tyson Chandler..and then Paul missed Chandler more then the other way around and proceeded to quit on a franchise.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:27:33 AM by scaryjerry »

Re: don't trade rondo
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 10:29:43 AM »

Offline BenHenry

• Xavier Tillman
How are you gonna say that when he's 3rd in MVP running behind Lebron and Durant?

I would give Rose the nod pre-injury but unfortunately it is what it is and Westbrook is a great player but he's inefficient because he's a volume scorer.

Re: don't trade rondo
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 11:04:08 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rondo is one of the best point guards in the game.  I think he's at the top of the second tier, the first tier being guys like Paul, Rose, Westbrook, and then there are couple of guys who are making a case to be in that group (Kyrie and Curry).  Rondo's just behind with guys like Tony Parker and Jrue Holiday.

Overall, I consider Rondo one of the top players in the game under 30.

But he's hardly untouchable in my book as far as trades are concerned.  He has a very unique game with very noticeable strengths and very noticeable weaknesses.  That means his value to a team is very dependent on the team's makeup and the goals that team has. 

For a team with top level talent competing for a championship, Rondo is invaluable.  For a rebuilding team that needs a leader who can take on the responsibility of winning games pretty much by himself on a fairly consistent basis?  Well, Rondo is going to disappoint you there.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain