Author Topic: Delonte West Available  (Read 5907 times)

Re: Delonte West Available
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 10:07:22 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
A Delonte thread without an Edgar post?!?

It is, indeed, a world gone mad.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 10:28:09 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
This tepid roster needs some crazy.  And Delonte can certainly provide some of that. 

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
This tepid roster needs some crazy.  And Delonte can certainly provide some of that.

... cut to Kevin Garnett saying "Hey! What's up? I'm still here!"

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Sign Dionte Christmas for 15mil/year for 12 years!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 06:18:08 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
When was Delonte a failure? The guy can flat out ball... I'd welcome him with open arms, again.

I had this discussion with someone the other day. For as much of a knucklehead as he was off the court, the guy was consistent as hell on the court. These so-called "role models" like fly around like jets when they make meaningless 12 footers play scared...

If salaries matched, I'd trade Green for Delonte. If healthy, as least you know you have a baller.

He was a failure because his presence disrupted the locker room and he got in trouble with the law while here. Add to that the fact that he can't stay healthy.

Did he get in trouble with the law while here? I don't recall... seemed to me that all his law problems occurred during his stay in other teams, but I may be mistaken.

Recall no such issues with him while he was here - in locker room or with regard to the law. Health, another issue... but to be fair, in my argument, I'm comparing his health to Jeff Green's.

I think I'd be giving Green the benefit of the doubt by saying physical health, between the two, cancel each other out.

Mentally, I'd much prefer a bipolar, moody but consistent player (who did not cause problems here), to a wildly overpaid, insecure, inconsistent lady-man with no motor or grit.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC