Author Topic: Which Would Upset & Anger You More?  (Read 3482 times)

Re: Which Would Upset & Anger You More?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 07:25:55 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Blowing it up.

We have too much talent to overreact to a poor season. Some tweaks need to be made, and certainly some personnel changes can be made, but blowing it up would be a big mistake.

You can change the team without resorting going into rebuild mode.
I think doing nothing would be a big mistake and a complete waste of time.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Sure it would be stupid if we didn't make any moves but it would be more stupid to have a firesale and tank.

It's a no brainer

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 07:31:57 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
Blowing it up.

I'd rather go in as the 8th seed and take our chances.
Why tho? What does that accomplish ?

We could pull a Knicks and make the finals.
Sure, but we have to think realistically and not a pipe dream.

Did anyone realistically believe we'd be one game away from the Finals last February? Or two minutes away from winning a championship in 2010?

I don't believe that "magical run" will happen again this season, but it's not hard to see why some are hesitant to trade away the whole team.

Personally I don't see what the rush is to blow it up when you have the whole off season to do that...I'm in no rush to be the Bobcats.

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Sure it would be stupid if we didn't make any moves but it would be more stupid to have a firesale and tank.

It's a no brainer
I'm not saying trade everyone for the sake of trading them bro. I'm saying, what i mean by BLOW IT UP is start planning for the future. If we aren't seriously contending why hold on to guys like pierce terry bass etc. Get something for them while you can. Not trading ray was stupid also. Could have gotten someone of value for him but instead he goes to miami & we get nothing.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 07:38:17 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
I love when people say "One game away" to make it sound better. Yes, after rose went down losing to miami became a realistic possibility.

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Blowing it up or not making any moves what so ever? For me the latter would definitely anger me more. A blind man could see this isn't a championship team. Either make a trade to make us one or blow it up and start planning for the future.

What would upset me more is Danny making another Chemistry-Busting move (Feb 2011, Perkins) without truly seeing this thing out.

BOS has truly been in a rough spot this season...seemingly more vallleys than peaks.

But to place things in perspective - a "Certain" team out west that I won't name was picked as Contenders before the season even started...on paper, they look like a candidate for an All-Time great team.

They have four probable future HOFers.

As I just checked their record this season, their only seemingly quality wins were ALL at home - vs a Pre-Harden HOU team, Knicks, GSW, DEN and BKN.

Their only quality win on road was vs GSW.

I think if you compare BOS's previous wins and sched, we have a bit of a brighter outlook than the Lakers. We are not THAT much better off, but I can see where I'd be a bit more optimistic about our team than theirs.

BOS is doing a bit better - without the glut of talent and hype that the Lakers have.

If the season ended today - we'd meet MIA in the playoffs. I'd look forward to that.

In retrospect I agree with Danny - don't panic, don't get upset, no matter how hard it is - but DON'T do Anything unless we absolutely HAVE to. I'm not giving up on this team.

Wouldn't it be worth it to finish 41-41, meet MIA in April, BEAT MIA and Ray Ray, and then go on to the Finals?

Far-fetched, but this is the NBA.

I wouldn't want to jump the gun and do a trade and it not be necessary - or, we plug one hole, only to open up two or three more on the roster.

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 08:03:08 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
See you guys are talking about far fetched things. There's more homers on here than i realized. I'm bias a homer as well but I'm a realist first and foremost. That sounds a bit contradictory but its true. Give me a realistic shot at winning it all *Patriots* and ill tell you how much better my team is than yours all year long. That's the homer in me. Once it becomes obvious my team isn't good enough that's when i have no choice but to take the homer notch down a little. Unless i wanna look like a complete moron.

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 08:04:57 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Blowing it up.

The draft is mostly luck.

Trades bring pennies to the dollars.

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 08:08:12 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Blowing it up. The playoffs are fun, and really what I've gotten used to.

Although, I wouldn't mind being able to go to a few games a year, without giving an arm and a leg for tix, like 06-07 and prior.

Ahh... nostalgia.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 08:10:30 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Blowing it up.

Being 500 is the absolute worst position to be in basketball. One of those teams that make the playoffs but you know ain't going anywhere,

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2013, 08:14:15 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Blowing it up.

Being 500 is the absolute worst position to be in basketball. One of those teams that make the playoffs but you know ain't going anywhere,

Why usually I agree, the Celtics is the type of team that could wake up one day and cause issues in the playoffs. 

I don't expect this team to be playoffable for long. 

I mean if they could move some of the mid-range contracts (Green, Bass) that can clog a cap in the rebuild, go for it. 

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Alot of you seem to get the impression that blowing it up is what i wanna do and you're wrong. What i wanna do is make the right trades to give this team a realistic shot at a title this year. If that can't be done however i want to trade away some guys and start planning for the future. Reality check folks, pierce is just about done and same with KG. We don't have time to sit back and do nothing while this team struggles to stay above 500.

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2013, 08:21:14 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
Blowing it up.

Why usually I agree, the Celtics is the type of team that could wake up one day and cause issues in the playoffs. 

I don't expect this team to be playoffable for long. 

I mean if they could move some of the mid-range contracts (Green, Bass) that can clog a cap in the rebuild, go for it.

Yes this is what I'm talking about. I do not want to trade anybody away just for the sake of doing it. Very soon tho we will have no choice but to start planning for our future without pierce and kg. I just don't see the point of not doing anything if we aren't going to seriously contend. Rebuilding obviously has a point to it.

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2013, 08:24:14 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
I love when people say "One game away" to make it sound better. Yes, after rose went down losing to miami became a realistic possibility.

Yes, which is why I said:

I don't believe that "magical run" will happen again this season

I'm not stupid, I know injuries to key players in the East helped us last season, but it wasn't just luck that got us that far. This is a talented, underachieving team right now, and I'm not ready to give up on them yet.

At the very least it gives guys like Green/Bass/Terry a chance to increase their non-existent trade value.

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2013, 08:38:01 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Blowing it up would p--- me off.  ROYALLY!

This team is playing like hot garbage right now, but I still don't think we are as far away from being a contender than most people think.

Our two biggest problems right now are lack of interior toughness, and lack of effort/motivation.

The first could be fixed with a trade (of the not blowing up style).  The lack of effort, well, that is an issue I don't really have an answer for.

Maybe Danny needs to kidnap the mothers of every player on the roster, and demand more effort or people are going to start losing fingers and toes.