Author Topic: Which Would Upset & Anger You More?  (Read 3499 times)

Re: Which Would Upset & Anger You More?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 08:45:21 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Blowing it up.

Mired in Lottery Land praying for the next franchise savior and carrying your hopes on potential is not a fun place to be. 

Give me playoff basketball in the spring.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
I think Rich Levine's recent article on CSNNE successfully summed up many fans thoughts (at least mine) on the issue:

The way I see it, if the Celtics are as bad as everyone thinks they are, changes are coming anyway. For instance, let's say they're eliminated in the first round this spring, or embarrassed by Miami in the second round, or worst case scenario, if they don't even make the playoffs . . .

I think that's it for KG and Paul.

Don't you? You really think either one wants to go through another year of this in exchange for that?

Obviously, that would be a horrible and emotional day in Boston. But seeing how it's even a remote possibility, I'd say it makes more sense to play this out, (if it fails) let them walk, and then start from scratch with a level head, rather than being stuck with whatever mess you traded them — or anyone — for in the heat of a regular season collapse.

We know it's there. We've seen it before. We've seen Rondo morph into the best player in the world. We've seen Garnett look a million years old and then suddenly 30 again. We've seen Pierce struggle for extended period of time, and then reemerge as the cockiest, most-deadly scorer in the game. We've seen those three guys and a supporting cast that heavily featured Greg Stiemsma and Ryan Hollins take the Heat to brink.

Why can't they do it with this team?

I think it's worth finding out.

And if they can't do it, they can't do it. It's not the end of the world. We all knew it was unlikely to begin with. We know you can't play for a title every year. And if they fail, at least they won't have added to the failure by pulling the trigger on something stupid. By trying to fix a mistake with two more mistakes. That's the only thing that can make this worse.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/standing-room-only/post/Another-Celtics-disaster?blockID=826299&feedID=9961

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Sure, but we have to think realistically and not a pipe dream.

I don't know, but I'll take my chances with KG, Paul, Avery, and Rondo as a potential 8th seed in the postseason. I remember during the 'Sheed season that most people didn't expect them to get past the first round anyway. And alas, we were at Game 7 of the Finals.

Of course, I'd prefer Danny to make sure he could get this team some additional help -- aka a good big -- via a trade. However, I agree with you lightskinsmurf. If Danny can't find the moves, more drastic options should be explored.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:20:06 PM by celts10 »