Author Topic: If the Celtics win the next 3 in a row, all is forgiven....for now  (Read 7831 times)

Re: If the Celtics win the next 3 in a row, all is forgiven....for now
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 03:14:24 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
You know I'm not as upset about the Celtics situation as most. I think we will probably make a small trade before the deadline but nothing big. I think in our 6-game winning streak we had some good moments and some bad. I think in the recent 4 we've had the same. Some things to keep in mind:

The Chicago game was flat out stolen from us. Plain and simple the refs took that game away, at least twice in regulation.

The Cavs game was extremely close and Irving had a monster scoring night. He put 41 on the Knicks too, the same Knicks with last year's DPoY. We shouldn't have lost but certainly Irving earned a win.

The Pistons beat Miami too, by double digits.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm not hair on fire. I think we have a chance to turn it around today and Sunday and really if we get blown out of both games I expect bigger changes but I doubt we get blown out twice. I'd like to play PP/KG for the NY game and rest them for the Hawks game.

We're 3.5 games above the next team and we're 3.5 games out of the 5th seed. Go C's!
TP for the optimism all true
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 03:51:48 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
But what if they lose three in a row?
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 06:24:04 AM »

Offline masteremile123

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I wonder , what if Marco Belinelli never made that shot !

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 06:27:43 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I wonder , what if Marco Belinelli never made that shot !

we'd be praising JET like he hasn't been in a slump and needs to get more minutes over Lee.

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 06:35:35 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
They need to beat the Heat or NY.

A loss to ATL would not hurt as much if we beat either one of those top seeded teams. A win against Miami would definitely boost morale as well.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
They need to beat the Heat or NY.

A loss to ATL would not hurt as much if we beat either one of those top seeded teams. A win against Miami would definitely boost morale as well.
The celtics need to win both games in a desperate attempt to gain confidence. Even if that happens this years team doesn't ride momentum long before losing to bum teams again. If we wanna sit here and kid ourselves then the miami game is the make or break game as far as getting momentum and confidence.

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 08:24:26 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

I think the celtics are going to rise to the occasion but they have a tough weekend ahead for sure!

Put all of this together and what do you have? The Celtics taking on three plus-.500 teams in the span of 65 hours while traveling about 2,000 miles in the air. Talk about a rough weekend.
-Marc D'Amico

The article goes into more detail of how hard these 3 games are going to be...good read.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/cs-aim-rise-face-adversity

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2013, 08:32:37 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
That was a Rose-less Bulls at home and, though arguably Kyrie is good enough such that have to grant he's going to get his, the rest of the team was the remainder of the Cavs--minus Varejao.

Three good wins by Sunday would be great news, but at this point I don't think it stops Danny from making any changes he might have made otherwise.  I think what he does or doesn't do now will be determined more by what deals are available than how the current team plays.

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 09:13:52 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
That was a Rose-less Bulls at home and, though arguably Kyrie is good enough such that have to grant he's going to get his, the rest of the team was the remainder of the Cavs--minus Varejao.

Three good wins by Sunday would be great news, but at this point I don't think it stops Danny from making any changes he might have made otherwise.  I think what he does or doesn't do now will be determined more by what deals are available than how the current team plays.

Roseless bulls doesn't mean a ton. They are still a very good team. The Rondoless Celts beat the Knicks too.

I don't think it stops Danny from making trades as well. I hope it would stop him from making a major trade tho especially one geared more toward the future than this year.

Every fan is different. If the Celts win 10 in a row plenty of people will be backbone the wagon and think this is the greatest team ever. Others wont buy anything until we win a few playoff series. Some don't even want to bother and are looking at 5-10 years down the road.

IMO KG, Rondo, and Pierce haven't regressed enough to be non factors this year. We have the same starting lineup as last year that was on a ridiculous tear defensively (and offensively) last year. That coupled with added talent (that isn't producing much at the moment) leads me to believe that the ingredients are there they just haven't come together yet.

Its risky because they might not come together. But certainly like last year we were an absolute mess and then all of a sudden things started tango our way and started to click. We definitely have the talent and personal to be very very good if/when it clicks. That's why before the season a lot of people were very optimistic. There's still half a season left and plenty more games to right the ship than we had last year when we were struggling.

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I would not be surprised if the C's wake up this weekend, and suck us all back in with an impressive showing against 3 really good teams.

I also would be even less surprised if they follow that up by regressing against as early as next week, prompting more "Blow it up!" threads.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2013, 09:59:21 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
What's that old saying? "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice.......", so I say "No", all is not forgiven.

These Cs are like the abuser in an abusive relationship where two people truly love each other. We are the abused.

They tell us they love us, they have to do better, that they are sorry, they change for awhile, and we are hooked again, because they have turned it around in the past, and WE TRULY WANT TO BELIEVE IT.

They then fall into that same pattern of behavior, and we are kicking ourselves again for having bought it, and somehow feel worse than we did before.

This team needs to be shaken to it's core, and I mean that literally and figuratively.

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2013, 10:09:22 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
Last year we had the best record in the NBA in the second half of the season with the same exact lineup.

We were also missing Wilcox and Green for.the season and had long stretches without Ray Allen, Pietrus and Dooling. We also were missing JO (Ha jk).

I still think this current team is a lot better than they have shown. Maybe last year they played over their heads in that stretch but this year we are playing completely under are heads.

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2013, 10:15:28 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If they win the next 3 and some if not all of the following things happen all will be forgiven.
1. They don't force feed the ball to KG and Pierce when they aren't having a good night
2. Terry, Lee and Green are aggressive offensively.
3. Rondo attacks the bucket
4. Bass or Wilcox step up and give us good minutes.
5. Show that we can win on a night KG and Pierce don't have their legs.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2013, 10:38:30 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
If they win the next 3 and some if not all of the following things happen all will be forgiven.
1. They don't force feed the ball to KG and Pierce when they aren't having a good night
2. Terry, Lee and Green are aggressive offensively.
3. Rondo attacks the bucket
4. Bass or Wilcox step up and give us good minutes.
5. Show that we can win on a night KG and Pierce don't have their legs.

If we do all those things than we are basically whatbwe were hoping for at the start of the season.

We have done #5 though just not consistently. My hope was with the young talent and depth that we acquired in the offseason that on those crappy nights against the Cavs Hornets Bobcats Raptors etc when our starters inevitably play down to competition that they would pick us up but it hasn't happened nearly enough.

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
All good points or signs, but I also never want to see Pierce play more than three games in eight days.  Old legs need longer recovery, and his game is such that he can play on tired legs less productively than KG can.

Sitting him every three or so games would also give us a chance to see Green as a regular spot starter.  What we discover could be good or bad, but it should also help bring Green along.