Author Topic: If the Celtics win the next 3 in a row, all is forgiven....for now  (Read 7835 times)

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
If the Celtics win the next 3 in a row I'm thinking they will have redeemed themselves (again) for this latest pathetic losing streak.

If they beat NY and Miami and lose to the Hawks they are pretty much forgiven too.

If they beat one of NY or Miami and the Hawks I will still feel okay considering how tough a stretch.

If they only beat the Hawks or god forbid lose 3 more in a row than there is no doubt that some serious changes WILL be made.

Any thoughts? I know most people will probably say that they don't care what happens and that the team is still flawed but If they actually win 3 in a row or look impressive, I think the tune on the forum will change a bit.

I'm also pretty optimistic about it. We always struggle with the crappy teams but we at least usually compete against the top tier teams. Rondo is a huge matchup problem for both Miami and NY (who didnt even see him last game). I expect him to tear it up.....stay tuned

Re: If the Celtics win the next 3 in a row, all is forgiven....for now
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
This is the exact same schedule as we had before our six-game win streak, will it be the same result?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 06:42:32 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
If the Celtics win the next 3 in a row I'm thinking they will have redeemed themselves (again) for this latest pathetic losing streak.

If they beat NY and Miami and lose to the Hawks they are pretty much forgiven too.

If they beat one of NY or Miami and the Hawks I will still feel okay considering how tough a stretch.

If they only beat the Hawks or god forbid lose 3 more in a row than there is no doubt that some serious changes WILL be made.

Any thoughts? I know most people will probably say that they don't care what happens and that the team is still flawed but If they actually win 3 in a row or look impressive, I think the tune on the forum will change a bit.

I'm also pretty optimistic about it. We always struggle with the crappy teams but we at least usually compete against the top tier teams. Rondo is a huge matchup problem for both Miami and NY (who didnt even see him last game). I expect him to tear it up.....stay tuned

what? we won 6 in a row and then proceeded to poo poo the bed in 3 straight. winning 3 straight will once again be fool's gold. look at how we play.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:51:42 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

what? we won 6 in a row and then proceeded to poo poo the bed in 3 straight. winning 3 straight will once again be fool's gold. look at how we play.

I don't think it's exactly fools gold. I'm not saying all will definitely be fine but i think there would be reason to be cautiously optimistic. I mean, if we rip off those 3 in a row against those teams the pendulum certainly takes a big swing

If we are beating the best teams and losing to bad teams, well isn't that what you'd rather have?

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
2-3 wins is a good return.

0-1 wins will be disappointing and worrying.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
0/3

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 12:17:51 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
It is a .500 team that is playing exactly as a .500 team should play. If they win the next three games I would be shocked, but crazier things have happened.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 12:42:46 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
2-3 wins is a good return.

0-1 wins will be disappointing and worrying.
They need 2 for sure
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:37 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
my philosophy: if we beat the heat, we never lost.

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 12:51:13 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
NY, Atlanta, and Miami...

IF we win the next three then I can forgive the last 4.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 12:53:18 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
my philosophy: if we beat the heat, we never lost.
haha
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 12:58:42 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
the wins will feel good until we lose to the kings and magic

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 01:14:43 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I've already seen this team beat the knicks and the best team in the west OKC. I've seen this team recently win 6 in a row just to turn around and lose the next 4. I know better than to even think for a second if they beat miami & or the knicks that it means anything.

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 02:18:41 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
You know I'm not as upset about the Celtics situation as most. I think we will probably make a small trade before the deadline but nothing big. I think in our 6-game winning streak we had some good moments and some bad. I think in the recent 4 we've had the same. Some things to keep in mind:

The Chicago game was flat out stolen from us. Plain and simple the refs took that game away, at least twice in regulation.

The Cavs game was extremely close and Irving had a monster scoring night. He put 41 on the Knicks too, the same Knicks with last year's DPoY. We shouldn't have lost but certainly Irving earned a win.

The Pistons beat Miami too, by double digits.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm not hair on fire. I think we have a chance to turn it around today and Sunday and really if we get blown out of both games I expect bigger changes but I doubt we get blown out twice. I'd like to play PP/KG for the NY game and rest them for the Hawks game.

We're 3.5 games above the next team and we're 3.5 games out of the 5th seed. Go C's!

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 02:50:51 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
What makes you think we'll do that with our current play?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?