Author Topic: Celtics team is an embarassment.  (Read 2884 times)

Re: Celtics team is an embarassment.
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

You didn't see the team holding the Knicks to 38% shooting (28%  from 3's) and hold this high powered offense to 89 points?

The effort was there, especially defensively. We made mistakes but so did NY. In the end, we xouldnt make shots and we lost. But what they did tonight was far from embarrasing.

Disappointing, yeah. Embarassing, youre way overreacting I think.
[/quote]

Well, let's point out that Carmelo played really well in the 4th quarter. Also JR Smith made a big 3 and Jason Kidd came up with a steal off a Rondo turnover. Plus, Amar'e and Chandler gave the Knicks alot of size which the Celtics couldn't overcome.

Aka, the Knicks made the key plays and the Celtics didn't.

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

You didn't see the team holding the Knicks to 38% shooting (28%  from 3's) and hold this high powered offense to 89 points?

The effort was there, especially defensively. We made mistakes but so did NY. In the end, we xouldnt make shots and we lost. But what they did tonight was far from embarrasing.

Disappointing, yeah. Embarassing, youre way overreacting I think.

Well, let's point out that Carmelo played really well in the 4th quarter. Also JR Smith made a big 3 and Jason Kidd came up with a steal off a Rondo turnover. Plus, Amar'e and Chandler gave the Knicks alot of size which the Celtics couldn't overcome.

Aka, the Knicks made the key plays and the Celtics didn't.
[/quote]

And yet with all that, we were close enough to have the game. We did fell short, im not denying it. But to not see the effort put in by this team against a clearly much better team?

Losing by 30 is embarrasing.
Losing without putting effort is embarrasing.

We lost i get that, but not without a fight. But to call the team an embarrassment, way over reacting.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 12:15:52 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
This thread is a embarassment.
They gave it their best effort
You win some and you lose some

I do not support this thread, but what happened to cheering for victories and not effort? This team is now 13-9 at home. AT HOME? Cheering for effort reminds me of the "good job" kid in Miami. Effort is fine, but effort and losing when you should not be losing, sucks.

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 01:39:57 AM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
The only thing embarrassing is how underachieving this team is and the little effort against so called lottery teams. Against playoff teams I've been impressed with the effort. The guys are trying to get things to click. It's a frustrating season but its better than the 18 game losing streak (see 06-07).

I'm frustrated not embarrassed.

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2013, 03:01:08 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The only thing embarrassing is how underachieving this team is and the little effort against so called lottery teams. Against playoff teams I've been impressed with the effort. The guys are trying to get things to click. It's a frustrating season but its better than the 18 game losing streak (see 06-07).

I'm frustrated not embarrassed.

At least the 18 game losing streak brought with it some hope for the future (Oden! Durant!)

This team won't lose 18 in a row, but it'll have streaks of 4, 5, 6 losses at a time, and I'm not likely to watch the 2-3 wins they get in between anyway.  They aren't a fun team to watch, and they don't win, so what's the point? 

They're unwatchable whether they win or lose, so they might as well lose at this point.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain