Author Topic: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets  (Read 25735 times)

Re: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:31 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
i don't really like anyone that much on Denver's roster.

I love the possibility of Bradley,KG, Faried on the same roster.
I'm not that high on Faried.  He's a small forward.  I don't get it.

Random and barely relevant:  I have Faried's autograph... my girlfriend got me some pack of basketball cards as a stocking stuffer and inside was his autographed card.  So at least if the Celtics traded for him, I might actually give a crap that I had his autographed card.  Lol.
He's a better rebounder than everyone on our team, and he also plays harder than 90% of our team and is a freak athlete (and we don't have many of those). I'd definitely like to see him on the Celtics but I think Denver is gonna hold onto him.

At this point in time I don't know that he's a better rebounder than Sully.
They're very close by rebound rate.

I'm not sure which is a better team rebounder, Sullinger seems to have a better body for that defensively but I don't watch enough of Faried to know how well he does at that.
You mean Sully has better size right? Faried has better athleticism but Sully is two inches taller.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:59 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

So Avery and KG can cover up for Faried's terrible defense?
Yeah. Playing a lot of minutes with KG would be very good for Faried's development certainly.

Faried is a positive impact player, but he's not the star that people seem to think just from the box scores.

I havent watch much of Faried but to my basic and novice knowledge on his game he is a glorified version of Leon Powe... Would that be a correct assumption or is that way off?

Way off, the two don't bare any resemblance in their game.

Faried is basically what Powe could have been had he never injured his knees in college, but with and addend degree or two of intensity.

« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I'm not that high on Faried.  He's a small forward.  I don't get it.

Random and barely relevant:  I have Faried's autograph... my girlfriend got me some pack of basketball cards as a stocking stuffer and inside was his autographed card.  So at least if the Celtics traded for him, I might actually give a crap that I had his autographed card.  Lol.
He's a better rebounder than everyone on our team, and he also plays harder than 90% of our team and is a freak athlete (and we don't have many of those). I'd definitely like to see him on the Celtics but I think Denver is gonna hold onto him.

At this point in time I don't know that he's a better rebounder than Sully.
They're very close by rebound rate.

I'm not sure which is a better team rebounder, Sullinger seems to have a better body for that defensively but I don't watch enough of Faried to know how well he does at that.
You mean Sully has better size right? Faried has better athleticism but Sully is two inches taller.
Yeah better size and better body for boxing out. But I get blacked out of Nuggets league pass because the NBA is stupid so I don't get to watch Denver as often as I'd like.

(Despite getting Bulls games via WGN and Wolves games via FoxsportsMidwest or whatever I'm a Nuggets home market in Omaha  ::))

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Rondo/Collins for Stuckey/Monroe and their first rounder. 

Stuckey/Monroe gives Boston a much bigger team and they fit a half court style that Pierce, KG, JET, and Courtney Lee would all fit better in. 

Rondo and Knight would be a small backcourt but they would run all day.  With younger guys Drummond, Jerebko, and Singler coming up, that might not be a bad deal.

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2013, 10:38:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yeah. Playing a lot of minutes with KG would be very good for Faried's development certainly.

Faried is a positive impact player, but he's not the star that people seem to think just from the box scores.

I havent watch much of Faried but to my basic and novice knowledge on his game he is a glorified version of Leon Powe... Would that be a correct assumption or is that way off?

Faried is basically what Powe could have been had he never injured his knees in college, but with and addend degree or two of intensity.

Ok thats what I thought. Plus it also seems that Faried is benefitting greatly from playing more minutes than Powe got.

« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Rondo/Collins for Stuckey/Monroe and their first rounder. 

Stuckey/Monroe gives Boston a much bigger team and they fit a half court style that Pierce, KG, JET, and Courtney Lee would all fit better in. 

Rondo and Knight would be a small backcourt but they would run all day.  With younger guys Drummond, Jerebko, and Singler coming up, that might not be a bad deal.

Would love Monroe on our squad he is a beast. However, I am not trading Rondo under any circumstance.

Also I dont see why the Pistons would even think about trading Monore. He's their future. Monroe and Drummond are going to be a crazy good duo for them, and I read somewhere recently that the Pistons basically said Monroe and Drummond were both untouchable.

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2013, 11:13:03 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Agreed, that's as far as I'd go, don't agree with the previous comparisons. Faried is a player that relies a lot on energy, athleticism, and excessive motor that runs the floor very well.

Powe was a slow footed banger for the most part.

rumor: Rondo to Denver
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
http://www.examiner.com/article/boston-celtics-trade-rumors-rajon-rondo-trade-to-denver-nuggets-possible

Again its just a rumor and nothing to worry about yet, for you rondo fanatics

But i can see a trade like this possble. As the article mentions, Denver wants to win now. Their team is all about high octane offense vs strapping down and playing bradley like defense. Rondo would probably like this kind of system better

So the article doesn't mention who are the guys possible coming over here. My idea would be

To Denver: Rondo
To Bos: Lawson, Mozgov, 1st round pick

Lawson is considered a top 7 pg in the league. Unlike Rondo he can really shoot plus doing other pg duties really well.  He can't rebound like rondo but also won't let his man drive by as easy.

Re: rumor: Rondo to Denver
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2013, 01:57:16 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
http://www.examiner.com/article/boston-celtics-trade-rumors-rajon-rondo-trade-to-denver-nuggets-possible

Again its just a rumor and nothing to worry about yet, for you rondo fanatics

But i can see a trade like this possble. As the article mentions, Denver wants to win now. Their team is all about high octane offense vs strapping down and playing bradley like defense. Rondo would probably like this kind of system better

So the article doesn't mention who are the guys possible coming over here. My idea would be

To Denver: Rondo
To Bos: Lawson, Mozgov, 1st round pick

Lawson is considered a top 7 pg in the league. Unlike Rondo he can really shoot plus doing other pg duties really well.  He can't rebound like rondo but also won't let his man drive by as easy.

No sir! Not good for us!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
This is not a trade rumor. The Examiner is a Search Engine Optimization BS rag that re-purposes information and / or makes things up to sell ads.

There's nothing here.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2013, 01:59:25 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
First, I think that's a bad trade for us.

Second, the Denver stuff isn't a "rumor".  Rather, Chris Ford was asked what teams might be a good fit for a Rondo trade, and Ford speculated that Denver might fit.  However, there are no reports of trade negotiations actually taking place.

We had a thread on this a few days back.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
This is not a rumor, it's a column based on a chat by Ford where he's simply speculating about courses of action that would make sense to him.

Nothing new or of import here.

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2013, 02:00:13 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
First, I think that's a bad trade for us.

Second, the Denver stuff isn't a "rumor".  Rather, Chris Ford was asked what teams might be a good fit for a Rondo trade, and Ford speculated that Denver might fit.  However, there are no reports of trade negotiations actually taking place.

We had a thread on this a few days back.

[dang]it, stop posting before me.

« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2013, 02:01:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
The writer is some guy who plays Fantasy all day with no networks to real connections to NBA people, he just thinks its be good for his team. Seems un legit.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2013, 02:06:09 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
one word. no.