Author Topic: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets  (Read 25745 times)

Re: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
i don't really like anyone that much on Denver's roster.

I love the possibility of Bradley,KG, Faried on the same roster.

So Avery and KG can cover up for Faried's terrible defense?

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2013, 09:07:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Yeah. Playing a lot of minutes with KG would be very good for Faried's development certainly.

Faried is a positive impact player, but he's not the star that people seem to think just from the box scores.

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2013, 09:09:13 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Anyways, I haven't read this thread yet, and I assume this has already been pointed out, but I just feel the need to point it out again.  This was blind speculation by Ford.  He just threw out a team that he personally thought was a good (or interesting might be a better word) fit for a Rondo trade. 

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
Did I miss a link?  where was this?
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Anyways, I haven't read this thread yet, and I assume this has already been pointed out, but I just feel the need to point it out again.  This was blind speculation by Ford.  He just threw out a team that he personally thought was a good (or interesting might be a better word) fit for a Rondo trade.
Most because they have:

1. Lawson a replacement PG below Rondo's level but still a starter quality guy to send back
2. "Moveable Pieces"

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 09:16:55 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Did I miss a link?  where was this?

It was from his chat yesterday on ESPN.  Here is what he said:

Steve (Missouri) You've mentioned the possibility of the Celtics dealing Rondo. If they went down that road, who might have the desire and pieces to be a trade partner?

Chad Ford  (1:10 PM)  It's just one option for Danny Ainge. I think their first preference is to add a big man without breaking up their veteran core of KG, Paul Pierce and Rondo. But if they can't do that, I do think the Rondo, and even Paul Pierce, trade options are on the table. Rondo's been on the block before and despite his incredible play, hasn't drawn huge interest because of his reputation of being a difficult player to coach and a tough teammate. With that said I wouldn't be shocked to see a team like the Nuggets get in the picture. Yes, they have two point guards already, but Rondo would be an upgrade on a team trying to compete right now and they have the pieces that could entice Danny Ainge to make a deal.

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2013, 09:23:42 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
thanks

in related news, my next door neighbor thinks the Celtics should totally trade Pierce for Durant
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:57 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Faried is useless to us without Rondo to lob him the ball.
You have seen first hand how energy (Bradley) and rebounding (sully) can help this team. Faried brings both as well as elite athleticism.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yeah. Playing a lot of minutes with KG would be very good for Faried's development certainly.

Faried is a positive impact player, but he's not the star that people seem to think just from the box scores.

I havent watch much of Faried but to my basic and novice knowledge on his game he is a glorified version of Leon Powe... Would that be a correct assumption or is that way off?

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2013, 09:38:32 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

I havent watch much of Faried but to my basic and novice knowledge on his game he is a glorified version of Leon Powe... Would that be a correct assumption or is that way off?

Yeah, that's about right.  Great rebounder, relatively gifted offensive player, who can clean up on garbage baskets, but completely lost when it comes to team defense, and lacking ideal size to be a super effective individual defender either. 

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2013, 09:39:17 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Way off, the two don't bare any resemblance in their game.

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2013, 09:43:23 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I'm not that high on Faried.  He's a small forward.  I don't get it.

Random and barely relevant:  I have Faried's autograph... my girlfriend got me some pack of basketball cards as a stocking stuffer and inside was his autographed card.  So at least if the Celtics traded for him, I might actually give a crap that I had his autographed card.  Lol.
He's a better rebounder than everyone on our team, and he also plays harder than 90% of our team and is a freak athlete (and we don't have many of those). I'd definitely like to see him on the Celtics but I think Denver is gonna hold onto him.

At this point in time I don't know that he's a better rebounder than Sully.

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Way off, the two don't bare any resemblance in their game.
Huh?

They're very similar players. Faried has better size and thus doesn't struggle as much on the defensive glass but they're very similar players.

Faried has just been given a bigger role, and has adjusted so he doesn't foul or draw as many fouls via aggression. I think that's the only big difference I can see size and foul rate (both drawn by and given by)

http://bkref.com/tiny/HfqYW

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Random and barely relevant:  I have Faried's autograph... my girlfriend got me some pack of basketball cards as a stocking stuffer and inside was his autographed card.  So at least if the Celtics traded for him, I might actually give a crap that I had his autographed card.  Lol.
He's a better rebounder than everyone on our team, and he also plays harder than 90% of our team and is a freak athlete (and we don't have many of those). I'd definitely like to see him on the Celtics but I think Denver is gonna hold onto him.

They're very close by rebound rate.

I'm not sure which is a better team rebounder, Sullinger seems to have a better body for that defensively but I don't watch enough of Faried to know how well he does at that.

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2013, 09:53:41 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

They're very close by rebound rate.

I'm not sure which is a better team rebounder, Sullinger seems to have a better body for that defensively but I don't watch enough of Faried to know how well he does at that.

While I can't speak about Faried I'm willing to bet that Sully's rebound rate has been increasing as the season goes on.