Author Topic: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets  (Read 25736 times)

Re: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:31 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I only see a Rondo trade to Denver if a third team is involved: he needs an emerging or future All-Star, and preferably abig, back in return.

« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2013, 10:26:53 PM »

Offline aries31

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY? THIS IS A GOOD DEAL WITH THE RIGHT TEAM AND ONLY TEAM THAT WE ARE GOING TO ACTUALLY GET TALENT BACK FOR RONDO. TRADE RONDO, COURTNEY LEE, FAB MELO, AND BRANDON BASS TO DENVER FOR LAWSON, CHANDLER, MCGEE AND MOZGOV!!! NOT SURE ABOUT CONTENDING THIS YEAR BECAUSE RONDO IS GONE BUT LAWSON IS STILL GROWING AND COULD BE A TOP 5 PG IN A YR OR 2 AND PLUS WE ACTUALLY GET TALENTED BIG MEN BACK FOR THE FUTURE. I'D CHANCE IT. NO OTHER WAY WE CAN GET TALENT ON THIS TEAM WITHOUT A DEAL LIKE THIS!!GET IT DONE

1st- Just a heads up, all caps is just not cool.

That aside, how is not wanting to give up the best player on either roster for a bunch of role players crazy?  Seems to me it ought to be the other way around.

1ST- Role players? these are not even developed players yet but look at the talent they posses already! under doc,pierce, kg as long as they show fire and listened i think it's a steal. Sometimes we have to look at these kinds of trades because the way we are going I'm not feeling losing to the heat and knicks every year and hanging on by a thread. We need a big punch and this could be it. We can't get left behind!

« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2013, 10:39:33 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Doesn't seem like a match.  Ainge wanted Paul for Rondo.  Denver doesn't have anything close to that.

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2013, 10:54:02 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Sorry, but this is a bit absurd ... it makes no sense for either team, and the source itself isn't worth taking seriously.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'm not sure if anybody linked to Ford's original quote, but this was clearly just his speculation:

Steve (Missouri)

You've mentioned the possibility of the Celtics dealing Rondo. If they went down that road, who might have the desire and pieces to be a trade partner?

Chad Ford (1:10 PM):
It's just one option for Danny Ainge. I think their first preference is to add a big man without breaking up their veteran core of KG, Paul Pierce and Rondo. But if they can't do that, I do think the Rondo, and even Paul Pierce, trade options are on the table. Rondo's been on the block before and despite his incredible play, hasn't drawn huge interest because of his reputation of being a difficult player to coach and a tough teammate. With that said I wouldn't be shocked to see a team like the Nuggets get in the picture. Yes, they have two point guards already, but Rondo would be an upgrade on a team trying to compete right now and they have the pieces that could entice Danny Ainge to make a deal.
So this thread is much ado about nothing and no more credible than Tanguay's gut
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2013, 11:36:45 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
I'd trade Rondo for Lawson and Faried in a millisecond. Imagine having Faried and Bradley out there at the same time!

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:42 PM »

Offline DeeMeds

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Don't trade Rondo, just find guys that can do this with him. (Heard this one is available)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLA-MS7s14Q

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:34 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I would do this deal though. I would only do this deal because PG is the easiest position to acquire in today's NBA.

Lots of ingoing and outgoing players in this one too so it is unrealistic as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bzhxwl8

Boston receives: Igoudala, Gallo, Andre Miller, Koufos, and Fraried
Denver receives: Rondo, Green, Bass, *Terry or Lee, Collins, and Barbosa

* I would prefer to move Terry over Lee, but I would live with moving Lee instead if the Nuggets made getting him over Terry a deal breaker.

Boston's lineup:

Miller/Bradley/Delonte? And Iggy could play some point forward
Iggy/Lee/ Bradley/ Delonte?
Pierce/Gallo/Iggy/Lee
Fraried/Sullinger/Gallo/Kenyon Martin?
KG/Koufos/Wilcox/Melo

Denver's Lineup:

Rondo/Lawson/Barbosa
Chandler/Lawson/Terry/Brewer
Green/Chandler/Brewer
Bass/Green/A. Randolph
Mcghee/Mozgov/Collins

After looking at Denver's lineup they are likely giving up too much as far as chemistry and fit. I think talent wise it's even since they keep Lawson and Mcghee.

I just don't realistically see a trade that makes sense for both teams and actually works with Rondo as the main piece being moved.

I think if the Nuggets used their trade exception from the Nene deal to take Terry or Bass first, a more approachable trade could then be worked out for Lawson.

You're right. TP.

If you use the Trade Exception on Jeff Green then there are a ton of trade scenarios you can do. Especially if you don't take Javale and take Koufos and Fraried instead.

I am more open to dealing with Denver now after what I have seen. And Denver has to use the Nene exception by the deadline since they did that trade at the deadline last year.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 01:06:14 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i don't really like anyone that much on Denver's roster. 

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 01:29:42 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I love the possibility of Bradley,KG, Faried on the same roster.

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2013, 02:09:02 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I'm not that high on Faried.  He's a small forward.  I don't get it.

Random and barely relevant:  I have Faried's autograph... my girlfriend got me some pack of basketball cards as a stocking stuffer and inside was his autographed card.  So at least if the Celtics traded for him, I might actually give a crap that I had his autographed card.  Lol.

« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2013, 05:05:21 AM »

Offline Loose Cannon

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

I'm not that high on Faried.  He's a small forward.  I don't get it.

Random and barely relevant:  I have Faried's autograph... my girlfriend got me some pack of basketball cards as a stocking stuffer and inside was his autographed card.  So at least if the Celtics traded for him, I might actually give a crap that I had his autographed card.  Lol.
He's a better rebounder than everyone on our team, and he also plays harder than 90% of our team and is a freak athlete (and we don't have many of those). I'd definitely like to see him on the Celtics but I think Denver is gonna hold onto him.

« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2013, 07:15:20 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Faried is useless to us without Rondo to lob him the ball.

« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Not interesting in anything Denver have to offer.

If Denver is 26-18 and Boston is 20-21 then they certainly are doing SOMETHING right that we aren't, so I surely think they must have something to offer.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Not interesting in anything Denver have to offer.

If Denver is 26-18 and Boston is 20-21 then they certainly are doing SOMETHING right that we aren't, so I surely think they must have something to offer.
it's their coaching, not necessarily their players