Author Topic: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets  (Read 25730 times)

Re: Chad ford possibility of the Celtics trading Rondo to the Denver Nuggets
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 07:51:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Rondo + Green + Collins

for

Lawson + Gallinari + McGee

Is the plan then to have Gallinari start at PF, or have Pierce come off the bench?

I think the plan would be to start McGee alongside Garnett (best interior defensive combination) with Pierce at small forward but give Gallinari extended minutes at the backup PF slot (in addition to his backup SF minutes) with Garnett sliding over the five spot.

That way Gallinari could play 30-33 minutes a night off the bench. And then let Gallinari take over the starting spot next season or the year after.

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
RONDO,TERRY,LEE & BASS for LAWSON, IGOUDALA & McGEE

Boston would have to cut bait with Collins to trim 1mil in salary but I would do that deal if set on getting rid of Rondo. Avery then moves back to PG either starting or backing Lawson. And a lineup of

PG: Bradley
SG: Iggy
SF: Pierce
PF: KG
C : McGee

Now that's a stifling defensive lineup with 3 bodies to throw at Lebron in Iggy,Green & Pierce. And 2 to tame Wade in Bradley & Iggy. Plus we keep Sully & Green & keep our young nucleus. Im in on this because I think McGee in our system could be a wildcard capable of 13pts, 11rebs & 3blks a night given he gets 34-38 mins. And Lawson is a real spark plug off the bench with Barbosa,Green,Sully,Wilcox... Barbosa & Lawson off the bench together goodluck keeping up with that game changing speed! Sign me up for this deal!

Without a floor general a la Rondo, this team wouldn't go make it past the second round.

Sure, we could run our system through Iggy/ Pierce, but that will only take us so far.

Rondo is just one of those players to which you can't even fully describe how much better he makes those players around him, when you catch him on a good night, that is  :P.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 07:55:52 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Boston would have to cut bait with Collins to trim 1mil in salary but I would do that deal if set on getting rid of Rondo. Avery then moves back to PG either starting or backing Lawson. And a lineup of

PG: Bradley
SG: Iggy
SF: Pierce
PF: KG
C : McGee

Now that's a stifling defensive lineup with 3 bodies to throw at Lebron in Iggy,Green & Pierce. And 2 to tame Wade in Bradley & Iggy. Plus we keep Sully & Green & keep our young nucleus. Im in on this because I think McGee in our system could be a wildcard capable of 13pts, 11rebs & 3blks a night given he gets 34-38 mins. And Lawson is a real spark plug off the bench with Barbosa,Green,Sully,Wilcox... Barbosa & Lawson off the bench together goodluck keeping up with that game changing speed! Sign me up for this deal!

That lineup could be both the best defensive unit in the league and the worst offensive one.

Edit: Ah, Ty Lawson is on the bench. Ty Lawson would definitely start here. The starting unit needs his dribble penetration, scoring, floor leadership and playmaking ability. Avery Bradley would be a backup combo guard.

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 08:01:11 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

So Denver's new lineup would be ... (just trying to get it straight in my head, from Denver's point of view)

PG: Rondo, A.Miller
SG: C.Lee, J.Terry, C.Brewer
SF: Gallinari, W.Chandler
PF: K.Faried, Bass
C:  Koufos, Mozgov

Versus their current lineup and trade assets

PG: T.Lawson, A.Miller
SG: A.Iguodala, C.Brewer
SF: Gallinari, W.Chandler
PF: K.Faried, (Gallo), A.Randolph
C:  Koufos, McGee, Mozgov

Update: I think Denver loses too much here. The trade might be better if it were just Rondo by himself instead of taking back Terry, Bass and Lee too. If Denver was able to get expiring contracts for each one of them and then able to enter the free agent market next summer with a lot of cap room.

If they traded Wilson Chandler too, then Denver's only big contracts would be Rondo and Gallo with some solid role players littered around the team. That might be an interesting way to go with the team. They'd have around $30 million in salaries. Let's say $15-20 million in cap space. Enough for a max salary.

Hmm, they'd need to spend that money very well to turn that new-look squad into a contender. Anything less than a great acquisition wouldn't be enough. I don't like those odds.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:06:12 PM by Who »

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 08:16:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Rondo + Green + Collins

for

Lawson + Gallinari + McGee
I like Gallinari, but you're essentially swapping Rondo for Lawson and two career backups. Doesn't make any sense.

Gallinari is a starter.  He'd probably come off the bench for the Celts, but he's been starting for Denver.

I see it as Rondo for a good PG in Lawson, an impact SF in Gallinari who can eventually take Pierce's place, and an enigma of a center who is an elite shot blocker.  We shed the inferior Jeff Green and a useless piece in Collins.

I don't love it, but it's decent value.
I know Galinarri has been starting for Denver, but a perimeter player with no real NBA position who's a career .420 shooter will be a hard sell.

Ultimately, I see this as one of those "whoever gets the best player wins" deals, and I don't see anyone in the lot we're getting from Denver as ever being better than what Rondo is right now.

Also, if you thought Jeff Green was "inferior", I can't fathom how you'd like Galinari -- he plays worse and gets paid more.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 08:21:06 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I would like Miller, McGee, and Faried for Rondo and Bass

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b979m4d

Faried
Pierce
KG
Miller
Bradley

Sullinger
Green
McGee
Terry
Lee

Rebounding would suddenly become a strength. And our offense would be more of a motion/ball movement style, although Miller is probably the best low post PG in the league.

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
As much as I loathe the mere idea of trading Rondo, I'd probably be ok with it (eventually), if trading him brought us back a player of equal or greater talent, or a quality big.

Rondo is the best player on either roster, so there is just no way any trade with Denver makes even one iota of sense.

Chad Ford is grasping at straws.

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »

Offline aries31

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY? THIS IS A GOOD DEAL WITH THE RIGHT TEAM AND ONLY TEAM THAT WE ARE GOING TO ACTUALLY GET TALENT BACK FOR RONDO. TRADE RONDO, COURTNEY LEE, FAB MELO, AND BRANDON BASS TO DENVER FOR LAWSON, CHANDLER, MCGEE AND MOZGOV!!! NOT SURE ABOUT CONTENDING THIS YEAR BECAUSE RONDO IS GONE BUT LAWSON IS STILL GROWING AND COULD BE A TOP 5 PG IN A YR OR 2 AND PLUS WE ACTUALLY GET TALENTED BIG MEN BACK FOR THE FUTURE. I'D CHANCE IT. NO OTHER WAY WE CAN GET TALENT ON THIS TEAM WITHOUT A DEAL LIKE THIS!!GET IT DONE

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 08:31:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
ARE YOU PEOPLE CRAZY? THIS IS A GOOD DEAL WITH THE RIGHT TEAM AND ONLY TEAM THAT WE ARE GOING TO ACTUALLY GET TALENT BACK FOR RONDO. TRADE RONDO, COURTNEY LEE, FAB MELO, AND BRANDON BASS TO DENVER FOR LAWSON, CHANDLER, MCGEE AND MOZGOV!!! NOT SURE ABOUT CONTENDING THIS YEAR BECAUSE RONDO IS GONE BUT LAWSON IS STILL GROWING AND COULD BE A TOP 5 PG IN A YR OR 2 AND PLUS WE ACTUALLY GET TALENTED BIG MEN BACK FOR THE FUTURE. I'D CHANCE IT. NO OTHER WAY WE CAN GET TALENT ON THIS TEAM WITHOUT A DEAL LIKE THIS!!GET IT DONE

1st- Just a heads up, all caps is just not cool.

That aside, how is not wanting to give up the best player on either roster for a bunch of role players crazy?  Seems to me it ought to be the other way around.

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I would only do this if we can move Bradley to PG.

By doing that, we open up so many other trade scenarios.

I would love to see Iggy starting at SG and Bradley at the point. Who wouldn't?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 08:32:40 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Denver's identity is a team who makes up for their lack of a star with depth at every position.  I'm not too interested in trading a quarter for two dimes and a nickel, so I just don't see them as a good match.

If I let go of Rondo, it would be for a guy who can be a franchise cornerstone for us.  Nobody on Denver's roster fits that description. 

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:57 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
becauase what we need is an inconsistent undersized PG. Another undersized powerfoward and a centre that Melo is going to develop into.....

No chance i would want to trade with denver.

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 08:40:23 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I'd love all or a mix of Faried, Mcgee, Gallo

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 08:42:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Not interesting in anything Denver have to offer.

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
I'm not sure on the trade machine why the Celtics can send out 17mil in Rondo and Bass salary, and take back just 12mil in Lawson and McGee and Boston have to still cut salary coming back.

Is this a mistake?

Ah, just saw Lawson's poison pill provision.  I don't see any way the Celtics deal straight up with Denver involving Rondo.  Pieces just don't match up well.

Ok, I'll throw this trade out there;

Boston gets Josh Smith and Corey Brewer,
Atlanta gets JaVale McGee and Brandon Bass
Denver gets Paul Pierce.

Boston teams Smith with Rondo, probably gives Smith max type money.  BTW I don't do this trade, I'd rather have Pierce. Brewer gives them some defensive intensity.

Atlanta gets McGee for Smith who was out the door anyway and Bass they can flip if they want.  He really is redundant to them.  Maybe Terry is a better fit, still works.

Denver gets their Star player while not gutting the team and can part ways with him before July 1st if they want.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:06:51 PM by danglertx »