Author Topic: What do you want from Jeff Green??  (Read 8780 times)

Re: What do you want from Jeff Green??
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
In terms of current expectations, I think Jeff Green is playing pretty much to par. A little more rebounding would be nice but offense and defense is close enough to what I am expecting him to contribute this year.

What I would like to see? Long term wise. I want Jeff Green look to score less and concentrate more on improving his non-scoring contributions. On continuing to improve his defense, his rebounding and better using his ball-handling and passing capabilities to facilitate the offense. All areas he is capable of good growth.

At the small forward position, I think of J.Green more as a poor man's Tayshaun Prince than as a shot-creator (which I don't think he is particularly good at when defend by quality defensive SFs). That is the type of player I'd love to see him develop into. A poor man's Tayshaun Prince.

I want him to be a rich mans Teyshaun Prince which is better than Rashard Lewis in his heyday. I want him out there longer than Pierce and KG at this point and be a starter eventually.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 02:23:23 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If I restrict myself to things I think he could actually change, I would say the most important thing would be spending an entire off-season working on improving his 3 pt percentages from the corner. If he can become a 38% shooter from there, his value on offense increases dramatically.

I suggest this because 26 year old players rarely become better rebounders, or defenders. Nor do they magically go from being passive (or confused) offensively to being aggressive.

But there are many players who've improved their long-distance shooting as they age.

If Green is a plus 3 pt. shooter from the corners, it pulls the defense over to him, and also opens up more opportunities for him to drive. I think this helps the entire offense.

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 03:03:12 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
no pun intended.....

i want him to play like he has this:

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2013, 01:18:40 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Honestly, the parallels between Jeff and Pierce offensively are pretty obvious. Both can drive and finish (and draw fouls). Both can shoot the three-ball, and both have great handles for a forward. As of now, Pierce has the clutch factor and Green has the athleticism/height. I think people calling for him to add things to his offensive repertoire are being a little selfish/overzealous.

If Green can keep up his recent level of play (17ppg on 49% fg, 40% 3pt, 4.4 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.4 bpg since the All-Star break) then I am more than happy with that. I don't think anyone can argue he needs to give us any more than that to make his contract worth it.

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
What the hell do you think we want from him? Production... Like are you expecting anyone here to say they want him to fail miserably and be an overpaid afterthought?

Threads these days...

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 01:26:57 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
What the hell do you think we want from him? Production... Like are you expecting anyone here to say they want him to fail miserably and be an overpaid afterthought?

Threads these days...

hold on
my comment got deleted

first off, this thread was made in January when people where still humming and hawing over JG.

I bumped this thread because people are saying, after his 43 point night that he needs to add this and that to his game. Mainly a pull up jumper and better footwork.

which I find RIDICULOUS...because whatever he's doing works in one of the matchups we are MOST concerned with.

now if you'd like to be a valued part of this conversation, perhaps you should read the original comment and use some of the other posts as examples to what are fine answers.

smh.

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Kgainz check your PMs, this thread is locked.