Where will Jeff Green peak?

Not Much [Jason Collins]
Role Player [Leandro Barbosa]
Role Player-Starter [Courtney Lee]
Solid Starter [Last year's Brandon Bass]
Fringe All-Star [This year's Paul Pierce]
Perennial All-Star [Rajon Rondo]
Franchise Player [2003 Paul Pierce]

Author Topic: Jeff Green's Future  (Read 6931 times)

Jeff Green's Future
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:42:20 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Just wondering.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Jeff Green's Future
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 03:43:21 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Hehe
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 03:45:52 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
As much as I want him to be in that fringe all-star/all-star range, I just don't see it happening. I'll take him all day as a solid starting small forward though.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:46:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
As much as I want him to be in that fringe all-star/all-star range, I just don't see it happening. I'll take him all day as a solid starting small forward though.

I think that's what most of us think.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Somewhere between role-playing starter and solid starter.  Depends on the team around him, and how well they can utilize his strengths.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 03:57:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Are you including yourself in that "us"?  I was under the impression you saw Green as a 20 ppg all-star.

I've got no objection to people who think Green can be a 15 point, 6 rebound player in 36 minutes per night.  That's what he's always been.

I just get queasy when people suggest that Green is suddenly going to take the leap to an all-star caliber player.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Are you including yourself in that "us"?  I was under the impression you saw Green as a 20 ppg all-star.

I've got no objection to people who think Green can be a 15 point, 6 rebound player in 36 minutes per night.  That's what he's always been.

I just get queasy when people suggest that Green is suddenly going to take the leap to an all-star caliber player.
]

I see him as a 20/6/6 guy at his best and as good as Carmelo Anthony.. if played right. Which he can't be... unless he's the best SF on the team.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:59:31 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Hopefully his future involves him on another team

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 04:01:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I see him as a 20/6/6 guy at his best and as good as Carmelo Anthony.. if played right. Which he can't be... unless he's the best SF on the team.

Yeah, there's where you lose me.

The 20 points is high, but whatever.  I suppose in some bizarro world, Green could find his aggressive and increase his scoring output by about 25%.

The real objection is to the 6 assists (that will *never* happen), or the Carmelo-like play.  I can't see either of these as a projection based in any type of reality.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Solid starter/role player area.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

]

This kid lacks the aggressiveness & fire of Carmelo Anthony.  Its not really a switch you can turn on.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
If "In delusional posts on Celticsblog" were a possible answer, I would pick that.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 04:04:47 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

This kid lacks the aggressiveness & fire of Carmelo Anthony.  Its not really a switch you can turn on.

Not to mention the talent.  Carmelo simply has more of it.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 04:05:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

The 20 points is high, but whatever.  I suppose in some bizarro world, Green could find his aggressive and increase his scoring output by about 25%.

The real objection is to the 6 assists (that will *never* happen), or the Carmelo-like play.  I can't see either of these as a projection based in any type of reality.

The 20 points is likely when he's a focal point of the offense... SFs are usually focal points too, so that should work for him. He has the ability.

6 rebounds, he's been getting his whole career.

The 6 assists, I'm saying, is because if he has the ball in his hands, he can get assists. When you guys think he looks lost/unaggressive, I think he's scanning the court for options. He just holds the ball at the high post or to the side and finds the right man, typically. Six is certainly a stretch, maybe four is a better number. But he's certainly not "lost".

He's got the capability to play up to Carmelo...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 04:07:08 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

The 20 points is likely when he's a focal point of the offense... SFs are usually focal points too, so that should work for him. He has the ability.

6 rebounds, he's been getting his whole career.

The 6 assists, I'm saying, is because if he has the ball in his hands, he can get assists. When you guys think he looks lost/unaggressive, I think he's scanning the court for options. He just holds the ball at the high post or to the side and finds the right man, typically. Six is certainly a stretch, maybe four is a better number. But he's certainly not "lost".

He's got the capability to play up to Carmelo...

How many wins do you think a team can get with the offense running through Green?