Author Topic: The only way I would trade Rondo and/or Pierce  (Read 2151 times)

The only way I would trade Rondo and/or Pierce
« on: January 23, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I think danny did a great job this past offseason. Saying that its obvious that for many reasons things havent worked out. I have been on the fence about how the Cs should handle this roster and i still feel the best bet it to try to replace Bass with a longer player who can give better help on defense and along with this increase sullys minutes.

With that being said i am still no apposed to Rondo or pierce being traded but it would have to be for a hard to attain asset.

The toughest postition to fill in the Nba is a legitimate center piece big man. What I mean by this is a player who is either a legit Center or big PF who can dominate both ends of the floor on a nightly bases. Currently I can think of a few young players who fit this (or project to fit) this description. Cousins, Favors, Monroe, Drummond, A Davis, and ???. These are the players I no hesitation trade Rondo from. 6'9+ long athletic skilled biggest are just so rare that when they are available you have to jump.

If one of the affor mentioned Bigs was attanable then I would also consider moving Pierce for a replacement at PG. Ideally I would prefer a 6'3 + scoring point to pair with Avery. I invision Averys ideal role as one similare to Eric Snow. Where Snow was the Big PG who guarded SGs while AI guarded the point, Avery would be great guarding the point next to a bigger scoring PG.

Trades like Rondo for lowry and denvers wings or pierce for Gay seem like to much of latteral moves to me.

Dream situation ( I know its not happening)

rondo nets us Favors

pierce nets us Bledsoe
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: The only way I would trade Rondo and/or Pierce
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:44:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't care the cost, but Pierce needs to retire a Celtic. I'm selfish like that.

I'd seriously consider moving Rondo right now if you can get top talent for him and pieces.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:50:59 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
I don't care the cost, but Pierce needs to retire a Celtic. I'm selfish like that.

I'd seriously consider moving Rondo right now if you can get top talent for him and pieces.

I very much agree. Although, it'd be hard to net another top tier pg, probably at least for another few years.

BUT if Danny does in fact trade Rondo, Pierce will want to go anyway. It's Rondo+KG+Pierce, or a rebuild.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 07:53:31 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Pierce has stuck with us so we should stick with him.   I trade him to a contender if he is ok with it ala ray bourque.
Rondo I only trade if getting a better deal, the easy money he is on along with age and quality make it tough, also he can get you free agents

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:53:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

I very much agree. Although, it'd be hard to net another top tier pg, probably at least for another few years.

BUT if Danny does in fact trade Rondo, Pierce will want to go anyway. It's Rondo+KG+Pierce, or a rebuild.
How do you know pierce would want out if rondo goes? I see this all the time but its just people talking out there a**.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 07:58:01 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.

How do you know pierce would want out if rondo goes? I see this all the time but its just people talking out there a**.

Because Pierce wants to play for a winner, and this team would be in the pooper for a bit without Rondo.

We have chemistry issues, and this would just send those issues on a whirlwind.

AND AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT. (Well, Pierce ain't got no time fo dat, really. He's getting up there in age.)
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 08:14:04 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Because Pierce wants to play for a winner, and this team would be in the pooper for a bit without Rondo.

AND AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT. (Well, Pierce ain't got no time fo dat, really. He's getting up there in age.)

Yes, because we're obviously trading Rondo for Sebastian Telfair...

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 08:52:44 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.

Yes, because we're obviously trading Rondo for Sebastian Telfair...

Yes, and that's obviously what I meant...

The way this team is set up, unless we get a better-than-good PASSING pg, who will get used to our system before the playoffs, they won't flourish in this system, I don't think. So my assumption is that our "elders" don't feel like waiting.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 09:34:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Pierce has stuck with us so we should stick with him.   I trade him to a contender if he is ok with it ala ray bourque.
Rondo I only trade if getting a better deal, the easy money he is on along with age and quality make it tough, also he can get you free agents

pierce has stuck with us angle is overrated...he's been very well paid, couldn't lead over Antoine walker and until he had a good team around him he was immature, usually overweight, didn't play defense and wanted a trade.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Red would've agreed with you.......

Problem is, most of the Cs fans who suffered through 20 years without a championship would disagree with you....