Author Topic: Magic Won’t Hesitate to Trade J.J. Redick (rumor)  (Read 2717 times)

Magic Won’t Hesitate to Trade J.J. Redick (rumor)
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:16:27 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
(J.J.) Redick is in the final year of his three-year, $19.6 million deal that pays him $6.19 million this season. Preferably, Redick wants to remain with the Magic, with whom he has spent his seven NBA seasons and emerged as a more than serviceable shooting guard.

But Redick also wants a raise. How much are the rebuilding Magic willing to pay Redick? Or the better question is: how much is Redick willing to accept to remain with Orlando?

If it emerges that Redick and Orlando can’t find common ground on a salary, don’t be surprised if the Magic trade him by the Feb. 21 trade deadline. If the Magic can’t keep him, they want to get something for him.

via Jeff Zillgitt of USA TODAY Sports

http://www.hoopsworld.com/magic-wont-hesitate-to-trade-j-j-redick/

Think we could land him ?

Re: Magic Won’t Hesitate to Trade J.J. Redick (rumor)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 10:21:01 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I dont see why we would need to unless he was packaged with a big and the Magic arent giving up Vucevic. He doesnt fit unless we unload one of our 5 guards. 

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 10:24:54 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I dont see why we would need to unless he was packaged with a big and the Magic arent giving up Vucevic. He doesnt fit unless we unload one of our 5 guards.

Trade Lee or Green for him. The Magic get something before redick walks, and even if redick doesn't resign with Boston , they get out of one of lee or green's contract.

We desperately need shooting off the bench because PP and Jet are our only real outside shooters.

Of course we need a big, but we need shooting too, plus redick is a good team defender.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
No chance. No deal at his salary level from BOS makes any sense for ORL.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 10:30:58 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Just what we need, another GUARD!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Trade off JET for him  or maybe LEE.   

THE MAIN PROBLEM is a  guy to take KG's minutes WHO can produce night in and night out.

Here's hoping off the  NBA fairy to sprinkle magic dust on FAB MELO's head and turn him into Bill Russell  :)

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 10:38:11 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Redick wants a raise? That will be one unfriendly lookin' contract.

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 10:40:24 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah he's a guy who's getting paid essentially his worth (probably a bit more but it'd depend on his fit/role).

The prospect of paying him what 8-10 per year is bad.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 10:41:15 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
(J.J.) Redick is in the final year of his three-year, $19.6 million deal that pays him $6.19 million this season. Preferably, Redick wants to remain with the Magic, with whom he has spent his seven NBA seasons and emerged as a more than serviceable shooting guard.

But Redick also wants a raise. How much are the rebuilding Magic willing to pay Redick? Or the better question is: how much is Redick willing to accept to remain with Orlando?

If it emerges that Redick and Orlando can’t find common ground on a salary, don’t be surprised if the Magic trade him by the Feb. 21 trade deadline. If the Magic can’t keep him, they want to get something for him.

via Jeff Zillgitt of USA TODAY Sports

http://www.hoopsworld.com/magic-wont-hesitate-to-trade-j-j-redick/

Think we could land him ?
And we need him why, because what's holding us from being great is a slight upgrade of our fourth guard slot?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 11:03:26 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Trade Lee or Green for him. The Magic get something before redick walks, and even if redick doesn't resign with Boston , they get out of one of lee or green's contract.

We desperately need shooting off the bench because PP and Jet are our only real outside shooters.

Of course we need a big, but we need shooting too, plus redick is a good team defender.

Huh? Our team is full of outside shooters...All we do is shoot jump shots. Lee, Bradley, Green have all shown that they can hit the corner three and in Barbosa's limited time he has shot 40% from three. And Bass is pretty much only a jump shooter. We need and inside presence. Not another shooter to add to an already jump shot heavy squad.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 11:10:46 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Huh? Our team is full of outside shooters...
Sadly, all of our games are played indoors -- maybe this explains the team's struggles...

Sorry, couldn't resist  ;D
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:13:33 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Sadly, all of our games are played indoors -- maybe this explains the team's struggles...

Lol..im still laughing..TP for that one!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983

lol hahahahah nicely done TP

but I like reddick and think  he would  help this team more than most on here think. he is a good shooter and perty good on D.  But not sure if we have anything the magic want(as previously said on here)

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Huh? Our team is full of outside shooters...All we do is shoot jump shots. Lee, Bradley, Green have all shown that they can hit the corner three and in Barbosa's limited time he has shot 40% from three. And Bass is pretty much only a jump shooter. We need and inside presence. Not another shooter to add to an already jump shot heavy squad.

BINGO
LET'S GO CELTICS!