Poll

Would u like the Celtics to get Dwight Howard??

Yes
35 (53%)
No
31 (47%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: So Dwight Howard?? (Merged)  (Read 11908 times)

Re: Dwight Howard??
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 02:19:33 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8875031/dwight-howard-los-angeles-lakers-aggravates-shoulder-memphis-grizzlies

MEMPHIS -- Dwight Howard re-aggravated the torn labrum in his right shoulder late in the first half of the Los Angeles Lakers' 106-93 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night and did not return to the game.

Howard hurt his shoulder while trying to fight through a screen by the Grizzlies' Rudy Gay, forcing him to exit the game with 2:21 remaining in the second quarter.

Before Howard's back injury last season, he had only missed 7 games in  his 7 1/2 NBA season career. Now he's having shoulder issues. Remember those huge deltoids he used to have? Was he injury free before the back injury because he was using something he longer does?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:07:08 PM by alley oop »

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2013, 03:14:12 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaw94km GET'ER DONE DANNY!!!! LAKERS WANNA MAKE A TRADE!!!!!!!!!! SEND LAKERS 1ST & 2ND ROUNDER @NBA #NBA #BASKETBALL #TRADE
Alot to give up..but if Howard sign long term i do it..Lakers do it in a second
Lol @ "Alot to give up"...

Dwight Howard is the best big man in the league.  You could offer Rondo, all our young assets and all our upcoming 1st rounders and it wouldn't be enough to land the big fella in Boston. 

Not happening.  Forget about it. 

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2013, 03:42:30 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aaw94km GET'ER DONE DANNY!!!! LAKERS WANNA MAKE A TRADE!!!!!!!!!! SEND LAKERS 1ST & 2ND ROUNDER @NBA #NBA #BASKETBALL #TRADE

Dwight Howard is the best big man in the league.  You could offer Rondo, all our young assets and all our upcoming 1st rounders and it wouldn't be enough to land the big fella in Boston. 

Right now Howard is at best a top five center. If he regains most of his athleticism, he could be no. 1 again. 

« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2013, 06:50:44 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Right now Howard is at best a top five center. If he regains most of his athleticism, he could be no. 1 again.

Howard is still the leagues best center regardless of how much athleticism he has at this point. Playing for the lakers and not getting to be a bigger part of their system is severely holding him back

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2013, 07:05:06 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is still averaging  16 PPG and 12 boards this year.  That is not too shabby.  Of course, this being Celtics Blog, guys will claim that Perk was a better center than those numbers.

« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2013, 07:55:54 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Howard is still the leagues best center regardless of how much athleticism he has at this point. Playing for the lakers and not getting to be a bigger part of their system is severely holding him back

Tim Duncan, Anderson Varejao, Tyson Chandler, DeMarcus Cousins and Brook Lopez have all played better than Howard this season. Especially his defense is not up to his DPOY standard. And that is not only a system problem.

Re: Poll: Do u want Dwight Howard?
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2013, 09:36:56 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
of course i want Dwight Howard... but we'd have a hard enough time getting Marcin Gortat with our assets.. let alone the best big man in the game.

You don't think Rondo and pieces can net you Howard?

« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2013, 09:48:08 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:45 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6213619

I would do this for D12

A lot of people probably would, unless they worked for the Lakers front office.

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I would do this for D12

I think we'd be giving up value unnecessarily for players who are even bigger defensive liabilities than previously, and leaving a big whole in our SF rotation.

I think the best course of action is a simple Rondo + Bass + Collins for Howard, and call it a day.

We have enough ball handlers, who are also shooters, in this team to be able to sustain without Rondo with the addition of Howard. We'd have plenty of open roster spots too to improve the make-up of our team.

I know people just want to dump Green for the sake of dumping him, but it's mostly senseless to me. I like him as a back-up SF overall, and I think he'll have some great trade value in a few years, more so than a very aged Nash and his poor defense.

« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:01 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

I would do this for D12

I think we'd be giving up value unnecessarily for players who are even bigger defensive liabilities than previously, and leaving a big whole in our SF rotation.

I think the best course of action is a simple Rondo + Bass + Collins for Howard, and call it a day.

We have enough ball handlers, who are also shooters, in this team to be able to sustain without Rondo with the addition of Howard. We'd have plenty of open roster spots too to improve the make-up of our team.

I know people just want to dump Green for the sake of dumping him, but it's mostly senseless to me. I like him as a back-up SF overall, and I think he'll have some great trade value in a few years, more so than a very aged Nash and his poor defense.

Yeah I do agree. I am a fan of Green as our back up as well. Especially if Paul decides to hang it up next year.

« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2013, 10:18:50 AM »

Kiorrik

Voted no, because I think the cost would be too high, regardless.

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Voted no, because I think the cost would be too high, regardless.

My goodness. Cost is too high?! Please tell me how much cost today’s Pierce??? How much you cost Wilcox+Collins+Terry&Co

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Tim Duncan, Anderson Varejao, Tyson Chandler, DeMarcus Cousins and Brook Lopez have all played better than Howard this season. .

Let ask the opposite question ...San Antonio, New York and Brooklyn have played better than LAL?!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:46:10 AM by eugen »

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2013, 10:31:34 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
He is still averaging  16 PPG and 12 boards this year.  That is not too shabby.  Of course, this being Celtics Blog, guys will claim that Perk was a better center than those numbers.

I don't so much mind the Perk claims. It's the predictions that Jeff Green will become a top player in the NBA that worry me.