Author Topic: Either the truth, or wishful thinking.  (Read 1287 times)

Either the truth, or wishful thinking.
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It's not that bad. All we need todo is make the playoffs, which we clearly will.
Not playing well in the regular season is a veteran move by Doc, KG, Pierce, Terry, but if they say they're playing badly to save energy for the playoffs, Stern will do something.

It's clear we can still win the championship... Do you realistically think Doc changed his mind from so upset the other day to nonchalant today? It's a calculated move and everyone is falling for it.... Which is what Danny and the team want.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: Either the truth, or wishful thinking.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:55:45 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hey man, more power to you.

If it makes it easier for you to believe that the team is just playing possum to take the league by storm come playoff time, then you do what you need to do to get through this stretch of crappy play.

I don't mean for this to come off quite so condescending.

I appreciate the desire to find a silver lining and think this team can make another deep run.  They've surprised us before.  But it really feels different this time.

But hey, I hope you're right.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:57:12 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
It's not that bad. All we need todo is make the playoffs, which we clearly will.
Not playing well in the regular season is a veteran move by Doc, KG, Pierce, Terry, but if they say they're playing badly to save energy for the playoffs, Stern will do something.

It's clear we can still win the championship... Do you realistically think Doc changed his mind from so upset the other day to nonchalant today? It's a calculated move and everyone is falling for it.... Which is what Danny and the team want.

DENIAL IS MORE THAN A RIVER IN EGYPT!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 11:09:19 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
This is KG and PP last hurrah. They talked to Doc and Danny on the offseason telling them that we will just be an 8th seed and clobber those who oppose us in the Playoffs and we will win Banner 18. Lets not let the other teams see our gameplan and pretend that we lose to teams.

God I wish this was their plan.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 11:10:18 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
What makes you assume this isn't their plan?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I like the way you think. TP I'd you are telling the

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 11:58:01 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Yeah great idea.. Lets just suck enough to hopefully make the playoffs and then IF we make the playoffs we just flip that switch.. This isn't two-three years ago. I belived in those teams, that they could turn it on.. Not this one not this year. We need some help if we plan on doing that.

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 12:00:54 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Yeah great idea.. Lets just suck enough to hopefully make the playoffs and then IF we make the playoffs we just flip that switch.. This isn't two-three years ago. I belived in those teams, that they could turn it on.. Not this one not this year. We need some help if we plan on doing that.

If we miss the playoffs, you'll all get mysterious donations of one million dollars each. Not happening.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 12:01:48 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Hey man, more power to you.

If it makes it easier for you to believe that the team is just playing possum to take the league by storm come playoff time, then you do what you need to do to get through this stretch of crappy play.

I don't mean for this to come off quite so condescending.

I appreciate the desire to find a silver lining and think this team can make another deep run.  They've surprised us before.  But it really feels different this time.

But hey, I hope you're right.

It really felt different last time,too . . . And the time before that.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 12:02:41 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435

If we miss the playoffs, you'll all get mysterious donations of one million dollars each. Not happening.

I don't think we will miss the playoffs but we are flirting with that chance right now.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:02:48 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Y'all forgot the past, eh? I guess no one wants to remember the feeling of hopelessness
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]