Author Topic: What do you think fixes this team?  (Read 3742 times)

What do you think fixes this team?
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I wanna know what you guys think fixes this team. Me I think you can do it one of two ways. Find a pure scorer who can get to the rim. Cause Paul can't do it anymore, Green isn't aggresive enough, and Bradley doesn't have the ball in his hands enough. Which is my next point is Rondo some what of the issue? He controls the ball so much where other guys seem to sit back and wanna shoot jumpers all night.

Option two- A big man.

Do you think a big man solves our problems? Does someone like a gortat or cousins (which is unlikely) help? I think Gortat would help a lot as well. He defends,rebounds,and runs the picks and roll very well. That opens it up more for KG pick and pop, Pierce being able to spot up, and AB to cut back door or sit in the corner.

Re: What do you think fixes this team?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:53:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If you swap any of our big men other than KG and Sullinger for a top 10-15 big man (e.g. a player like Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Al Horford, Joakim Noah, etc.), then that would go a long way, I think.

Part B to that would be swapping Jason Terry for a reliable shooter like J.J. Redick.

Obviously neither of these is a realistic possibility.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
If you swap any of our big men other than KG and Sullinger for a top 10-15 big man (e.g. a player like Lamarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Al Horford, Joakim Noah, etc.), then that would go a long way, I think.

Part B to that would be swapping Jason Terry for a reliable shooter like J.J. Redick.

UGH I would love Aldridge on this team. If we could move Green Bass and something else for him man he would be great.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

And exactly which player on the Celtics is going to net you that caliber player?

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen

And exactly which player on the Celtics is going to net you that caliber player?

I agree with that statement as well. IDK maybe we pull of a lakers type trade where we give nothing much and get an all star? haha wishful thinking.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 11:01:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
TRADE RONDO for a  decent BIG.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 11:03:51 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
package all our expendable assets for a starting big man to put next to KG... that at least would probably make us dangerous as long as KG and Pierce continue to play at a high level. 

Beyond that, if you're looking to be a contender again like back in 2011, you have to start by blowing up the team for draft picks and cap space and then wait about 5-10 years and hope that you luck out...  or at the very least compile enough promising young assets that you can trade for veteran stars so we can have have another 4 year championship window like when we milked the last droplets of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen's careers.   

We've been prolonging the "blow up" process for a couple years.   

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 11:11:19 PM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Agree, just gotta start the rebuild and start looking for high-character guys like we've had. Bradley and Sully sure rebuild my faith in Danny's Drafting skills

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 11:21:27 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

See the part where I say "obviously neither is a realistic possibility."
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
package all our expendable assets for a starting big man to put next to KG... that at least would probably make us dangerous as long as KG and Pierce continue to play at a high level. 

Beyond that, if you're looking to be a contender again like back in 2011, you have to start by blowing up the team for draft picks and cap space and then wait about 5-10 years and hope that you luck out...  or at the very least compile enough promising young assets that you can trade for veteran stars so we can have have another 4 year championship window like when we milked the last droplets of Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen's careers.   

We've been prolonging the "blow up" process for a couple years.

Yeah, we've squeezed as much water out of this particular rock as we can hope to do.

I think last season was better than many of us expected in that regard, and it raised our expectations a bit higher for this season than perhaps they should have been.  But hindsight is 20/20.

This is year 6.  The window was only supposed to be open for 3 or 4 years at most.  We got 5 years of credible contention (although the KG injury in 2009 kinda knocked out a year), and this year the team finally hit a wall.  It happens.

Now, like every other team in the league must sooner or later, we have to rebuild.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
This trade:

Boston trades:  Rondo, Green, Bass
Dallas trades:  Collison, Crowder, Dirk

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ato484s

This younger Dallas roster will look a lot more appealing to dwight this summer I'd think.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 12:05:39 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Get a big man. Thats a must. KG CANT be the last line of defense and the primary rebounder. One guy has to do the other and sibce we are undersized, thats a tall order.

Doc REALLY has tofigure out the roles of Terry and Green on this team. I think its alk about roles. If he can convince Jet to be a bit more selfish and do what he does besr which is score, and at the same time he convinces Jeff that his role for right now is play hard defense, rebound and do those little Avery cuts, we will be instantly better. Same goed with Bass and Lee. They have to have a definitive role. I think Lee found his as a shut down defender and a corner shooter. Bass should only have one thing in his mind, fight for rebounds, and Sully should do the same thing, which he's doing well right now.  And If we wont be able to get a big, call up Fab and let him do two things on the court, challenge every shot and crash offensive boards.

I think our problem really is just, our players doesnt know their roles.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
Get a big man. Thats a must. KG CANT be the last line of defense and the primary rebounder. One guy has to do the other and sibce we are undersized, thats a tall order.

Doc REALLY has tofigure out the roles of Terry and Green on this team. I think its alk about roles. If he can convince Jet to be a bit more selfish and do what he does besr which is score, and at the same time he convinces Jeff that his role for right now is play hard defense, rebound and do those little Avery cuts, we will be instantly better. Same goed with Bass and Lee. They have to have a definitive role. I think Lee found his as a shut down defender and a corner shooter. Bass should only have one thing in his mind, fight for rebounds, and Sully should do the same thing, which he's doing well right now.  And If we wont be able to get a big, call up Fab and let him do two things on the court, challenge every shot and crash offensive boards.

I think our problem really is just, our players doesnt know their roles.

I agree with your second part. I feel like everytime we get a chance at a guy who really could help our offense off the bench they are to unselfish.. ex. Nate Robinson someone who i thought could really floursih be a different type cause he can flat out score when given the chance but I felt he tried to play into the system to much and it cost him. Now Jason Terry and even Green a little bit. I feel if they either A. Had the Keys when they game in or B. Tried to be a little more selfish it would help.

I just dont know if Doc is telling them to go out there and play within the system, cause some guys are better just free rain and might help the team.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 12:16:05 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
For as much as some rag on Rondo on these boards, he still is the best PG in the NBA (and yes, that includes Paul, imho).  The plan should still be to build around him. I love what Bradley brings to this team, but we could really use a two-guard that can get his own shot, give us decent defense, and be a 20-5-5 threat.  Bradley isn't that guy.  The rookie version of Tyreke Evans comes to mind.  I would also do what I could to try and pry Ilyasova and Dalembert from the Bucks.  Having said all of that, I would use Bradley, Bass, Green, Lee, Terry, Melo, Barbosa, and our 2013 1st-rounder to get it done.

Tyreke and Brooks for Bass, Bradley, and Melo works on the trade machine.

Ilyasova and Dalembert for Green, Terry, and a 1st-rounder works on the Trade Machine as well.

Starters

Garnett
Ilyasova
Pierce
Evans
Rondo

Dalembert
Wilcox
Sully
Lee
Brooks
Barbosa
Collins

We would still need a backup 3 for Paul, but Evans could play that spot with the 2nd unit.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 12:17:29 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I think what could fix us isn't necessarily getting a certain player(s), but trading away certain player(s).
I like Marcus Smart