Author Topic: Avery Bradley throw Rondo under bus?  (Read 15510 times)

Re: Avery Bradley throw Rondo under bus?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 01:25:45 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I think it is a shot, even though Kyrie can drop 40 on anybody. I have this feeling this is a "motivation shot" but it looked like he's throwing Rondo under.

The question is, how will Rondo respond?
Avery Bradley trying to motivate Rondo? I don't see it.

I think Avery was in his own head when he sent that. As others have mentioned, foul trouble was a problem for him and he is focusing on himself in the text -- that no one should score like that on him. I don't think Rondo was on his mind at all.

I really doubt that Bradley expects anyone else to defend like him. It is his thing.

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 01:29:34 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
What bothers me is that it is only 48 minutes of basketball. given that the level of play is far greater than any that we have played in our lives but come on they are well-conditioned athletes. Why can't they give full effort everynight when they play?

Its not like they will die if they give full effort for 48 minutes. hell, if i had the paycheck they have i'd give my all every minute of that 48 minute period.
You can only sprint for so long before you get sloppy. You have to pace yourself. The human body can only do so much. Only so much oxygen flows through your muscles.

Look at KG and how he has a history in Boston of working so hard in the first 3 quarters that he is sapped in the 4th.

Also, some of the guys are past their prime and have chronic conditions that add to the problem.

Talking about "full effort" is so subjective, I have no idea what people are expecting. Have everyone play like Bradley on defense and our shooting percentage will drop. Guys will be exhausted.

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 02:02:54 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Sit your butt down, youngun.  You're flying before you can run.  Until you're half the player Rondo is, you shouldn't be talking.  Rondo's been there and done it.  He's arguably the best point in the league. 

I just lost a lot of respect for Avery.  And to think Rondo has been his fan since he came to Boston.

That is really sheisty, Bradley.  Dirty.

Rondo is absolutely NOT the best PG in the league, Chris Paul is and there's no argument to be had. 

Bradley is arguably the best perimeter defender in the league tho, an area where Rondo has been shall we say...lacking.

And the frustrating part is that its nothing to do with ability.  Rondo has proven he can be the one of the top 5 defensive PG's in the league when he wants to.  Sadly he doesn't seem to want to very often.

I can accept guys who are limited by lack of talent, can accept guys just having a bad shooting night.  Can't accept guys who lose you games through laziness and lack of effort/caring.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:11:36 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 02:06:00 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Nobody should ever score 40 on Rondo period!!! He is 6'1 super long arms, big strong hands & very Athletic & quick. So with that said, letting another PG your size with less PHYSICAL GIFTS dominate you on 1 side of the ball is a total lack of effort. Rondo needs to be called out & traded soon if he can't handle this professionally or agree to be more accountable on Defense! Its just a reality check to make Rondo shape up before we ship him out.

Irving is one of the best scorers in the game of basketball. He hit some really difficult shots in that game too.

You can't tell the best defensive player to stop Jordan from scoring when Jordan is feeling it.

Oh, so Irving is as good as Jordan now? *sigh*

Irving is more Tim Hardaway or Monta Ellis than Michael Jordan.  He is not an unstoppable force, we just have a crappy defensive PG. 

If only Jordan-calibre PGs could explode against us, then abotu 70% of the teams in the league must have 6'0" MJ's.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:18:04 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 03:04:29 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Well i mean...

What's the point of having a 6'2 180 pound "lockdown defender" if you don't trot him out against a team's 6'3 191 pound phenom point guard? 

Bradley is a one dimensional role player.  Shouldn't he have been defending Irving all game?

You just can't help it. Avery is far from one dimensional player. The system holds him back like it does with Terry, and Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B160-NrWQvg

Sorry Rondo. But Avery is the future of this system.

oh come on  ::)  ... You might as well have showed me Jeremy Lin highlights against the Lakers as proof that he's a superstar.  That Atlanta game was an aberration and in no way reflective of Avery being a great offensive option.  That game is a perfect example of "the element of surprise" in the NBA.  I'll refer to that as Stuart Tanner syndrome.  In Atlanta, the role of Stuart Tanner was played by Avery Bradley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw

Avery's a one dimensional player. Undersized, admirable defensive intensity, great energy... and poor offensively.

::) yeah we get it. you dont like bradley, no need to continuously take a subtle jab at him in every post you make.

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 05:19:47 AM »

Offline drax

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 15
http://audio.weei.com/a/70010974/doc-rivers-with-sean-grande-on-the-state-of-the-celtics-and-terry-francona.htm

Grande: "... You used the term trending a lot, when you weren't getting some wins. You said you like the way the team was trending. But during the final couple games of the winning streak you didn't like the way the team was trending."

Doc: "Yeah, i wish i was wrong on that one. I just tought we went trough starting trending back to the way we were playing before we start the winning. And that is gambling on defense, getting beat off the dribble, walking the ball up the floor, not cutting the way we should. And we're just not that team to be able to that and win games."

Grande: " Are these the things you talked earlier about? ... You talked about the easy way? What's an example, what's an intangible on the course of the game that is the easy way versus the hard way?"

Doc: "Well a lot of things. In pick'n'roll (defense) going under the pick. Or even single double coverage on defense, just taking shorcuts, instead of doing the coverage, becauese the coverage is harder. It's harder for the offense to score but also easier for you to cut a corner. And thats what we're been doning."

Doc didn't directly said it's Rondo but these things, gambling on defense, getting beat off the dribble, walking the ball up the floor, going under pick'n'roll screens sound a lot like Rondo.

Thoughts? Is it just me or does Doc mean Rondo with some of these things?

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 06:28:10 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Very much doubt it's a shot at Rondo. Probably tweeted it, saw it could be taken the wrong way and deleted it.

It's a shot at whoever didn't put him on Irving.  That's either Doc or Rondo, or both. 

I applaud his statement.

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2013, 06:44:39 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Very much doubt it's a shot at Rondo. Probably tweeted it, saw it could be taken the wrong way and deleted it.
bingo
but it'll be given lots of discussion here either way

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2013, 06:53:58 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Rondo deserves it especially after that defensive performance yesterday (I think).
Im sorry, but I didnt see the game yesterday. Can anyone tell me why Avery wasnt guarding Irving instead of Waiters? Only looking at the box score it seemed like Avery locked Dion Waiters down while Rondo was unable to guard Irving.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2013, 07:22:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Gotta wonder how Avery would feel if Rondo tweeted "No way I go 7,1,and 1 in a game. Not taking shots. Just confidence."

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2013, 07:26:49 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
probally a hint to Doc.   ( like DOC wake up dude) , what were you thinking , not dis n Rondo.

Doc asleep at the wheel again.

Why don't the assistant coachs wake him up

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2013, 07:28:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bradley was guarding Irving too and he got pawned, as well.  Two quick fouls and he was off him, but his vaulted D didn't look so good vs. Irving last night.   That being said the refs called some ticky tack fouls on him.

The Cavs got more respect from the refs than we do.   That is a disgrace!

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2013, 07:47:11 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Gotta wonder how Avery would feel if Rondo tweeted "No way I go 7,1,and 1 in a game. Not taking shots. Just confidence."

This

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2013, 08:12:51 AM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I can't believe someone called Avery Bradley a "one dimensional plater" are you serious?  He is not a one dimensional player. 

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2013, 08:21:47 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Rondo deserved to be called out for his defense in that game.  It was embarrassing.

Not going to defend him because that was just a really poor effort.  I hope people don't think that because he was close to a triple double he played well.

Twitter isn't the right place for this, the lockeroom is... but I'm really tired of seeing quotes from Celtic players saying "We need consistent effort", "we need to play hard" or whatever, all the right things, and then failing to do them night in and night out.  I'm sure these things have been said in the locker room, so if they are ignored, then by all means go public.  I couldn't care less.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford