Author Topic: Avery Bradley throw Rondo under bus?  (Read 15507 times)

Re: Bradley: No one would score 40 on me unless they take 40 shots
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's definitely frustration.  He obviously thinks he would have done a better job of containing Kyrie than others did.

He's probably right, too.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Avery Bradley throw Rondo under bus?
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:10 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well i mean...

What's the point of having a 6'2 180 pound "lockdown defender" if you don't trot him out against a team's 6'3 191 pound phenom point guard? 

Bradley is a one dimensional role player.  Shouldn't he have been defending Irving all game?

While I agree with this, they did put him on Kyrie a couple times, and Irving just got him in foul trouble almost immediately. 

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Very much doubt it's a shot at Rondo. Probably tweeted it, saw it could be taken the wrong way and deleted it.

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 10:40:59 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Sit your butt down, youngun.  You're flying before you can run.  Until you're half the player Rondo is, you shouldn't be talking.  Rondo's been there and done it.  He's arguably the best point in the league. 

I just lost a lot of respect for Avery.  And to think Rondo has been his fan since he came to Boston.

That is really sheisty, Bradley.  Dirty.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 10:44:17 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
This is just a young, uber-confident and talented defensive player showing his frustration.

Young guys sometimes speak before they think.  It happens.  I doubt this is gonna cause any rifts.

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 10:45:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Very much doubt it's a shot at Rondo. Probably tweeted it, saw it could be taken the wrong way and deleted it.
This is what I think.

Bradley wasn't taking a shot at Doc or Rondo. He was venting after a loss, one in which his defensive assignment was another player and he had to watch a great player go off for big points that contributed to the loss.

He read it, probably got some text responses asking who he is mad at, realized the Tweet could be looked at in different lights from different views so he reTweeted and then deleted the original Tweet.

No biggie. Dude just hates losing. I can understand that

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Well i mean...

What's the point of having a 6'2 180 pound "lockdown defender" if you don't trot him out against a team's 6'3 191 pound phenom point guard? 

Bradley is a one dimensional role player.  Shouldn't he have been defending Irving all game?

You just can't help it. Avery is far from one dimensional player. The system holds him back like it does with Terry, and Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B160-NrWQvg

Sorry Rondo. But Avery is the future of this system.

oh come on  ::)  ... You might as well have showed me Jeremy Lin highlights against the Lakers as proof that he's a superstar.  That Atlanta game was an aberration and in no way reflective of Avery being a great offensive option.  That game is a perfect example of "the element of surprise" in the NBA.  I'll refer to that as Stuart Tanner syndrome.  In Atlanta, the role of Stuart Tanner was played by Avery Bradley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysv3v7uXblw

Avery's a one dimensional player. Undersized, admirable defensive intensity, great energy... and poor offensively. 

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 10:49:55 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
It was definitely a shot at Rondo or maybe Doc.

The quote doesn't make any sense without it. And if he didn't realize it would be taken that way he's an idiot.

Saying what he said is a shot at them whether he "meant it or not.

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:16 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Here's hoping Rondo doesn't take it personal consider he's a very emotional player.  Dirty move by Bradley for sure.  He's really buying into his own hype...

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I absolutely love this - hope it was a shot at Rondo (my fav player of past X years). Air things out and force individuals to take responsibility. No changes will come until that happens. Bradley is the only one that goes out and balls every game. He's the only tough player on this team. He can/should say what he wants, especially when he's right.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:14 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Well i mean...

You just can't help it. Avery is far from one dimensional player. The system holds him back like it does with Terry, and Green.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B160-NrWQvg

Sorry Rondo. But Avery is the future of this team.

oh come on  ::)  ... You might as well have showed me Jeremy Lin highlights against the Lakers as proof that he's a superstar.  That Atlanta game was an aberration and in no way reflective of Avery being a great offensive option.  That game is a perfect example of "the element of surprise" in the NBA.  I'll refer to that as Stuart Tanner syndrome.  In Atlanta, the role of Stuart Tanner was played by Avery Bradley.

Avery's a one dimensional player. Undersized, admirable defensive intensity, great energy... and poor offensively.

We can agree to disagree. I think Avery is capable of much more. In a different system players like Avery, Green, and Terry would all be scoring in mid-teens. off course Avery with much ceiling than other two. 

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:35 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
more proof of the truth to the old Ben Franklin saying: "better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".
(not exact words but pretty close)

don't understand why anyone thinks anything positive will come from spouting off crap on the fly and sending it out for the world to see. 

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I don't think it was a shot at Rondo, Irving didnt even get 40 did he? I think its a shot at the refs because he couldn't guard him due to the whistle. It's just a you're lucky I wasn't able to guard you..type of aimed at Kyrie. It seems like that at least.

What he said.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 10:57:48 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I think it is a shot, even though Kyrie can drop 40 on anybody. I have this feeling this is a "motivation shot" but it looked like he's throwing Rondo under.

The question is, how will Rondo respond?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2013, 10:58:15 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Here's hoping Rondo doesn't take it personal consider he's a very emotional player.  Dirty move by Bradley for sure.  He's really buying into his own hype...

what is he going to do? Bump Avery?  ;D