Author Topic: Avery Bradley throw Rondo under bus?  (Read 15515 times)

Re: Avery Bradley throw Rondo under bus?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 11:00:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Here's hoping Rondo doesn't take it personal consider he's a very emotional player.  Dirty move by Bradley for sure.  He's really buying into his own hype...

what is he going to do? Bump Avery?  ;D

sock him in the shoulder?

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 11:17:56 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
That's not quite what AB said.. He said, direct quote, "please stop saying he gave me 40. Nobody will ever score 40 on me unless they take 40 shots."

Sounds more like someone was giving him grief about Irving scoring 40 and this wasn't just an unprovoked attack on Rondo.

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Poor AB, saying what everyone was thinking... just wish he wouldn't have! LOL Dang ABeast, why???
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 11:18:53 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
Sit your butt down, youngun.  You're flying before you can run.  Until you're half the player Rondo is, you shouldn't be talking.  Rondo's been there and done it.  He's arguably the best point in the league. 

I just lost a lot of respect for Avery.  And to think Rondo has been his fan since he came to Boston.

That is really sheisty, Bradley.  Dirty.
well at least AB's playing hard every game, every time he is on the court not like your uhh best point in the league. this is just a frustration tweet me thinks and not directly pointing to your best point guard (if he feels like playing that is).

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 11:19:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
That's not quite what AB said.. He said, direct quote, "please stop saying he gave me 40. Nobody will ever score 40 on me unless they take 40 shots."

Sounds more like someone was giving him grief about Irving scoring 40 and this wasn't just an unprovoked attack on Rondo.

Makes sense... thank you.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 11:39:16 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Yes, AB should have just kept quiet since things are going so well in Beantown??????????????  Are you all being serious?? 

Something had to be said.  I am thrilled he said it.  RR get owned by KI (37 efficiency rating to 22).  It is time to dangle RR for Cousins and Evans.  Do it Danny.  Do it now.

Smitty77

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Nobody should ever score 40 on Rondo period!!! He is 6'1 super long arms, big strong hands & very Athletic & quick. So with that said, letting another PG your size with less PHYSICAL GIFTS dominate you on 1 side of the ball is a total lack of effort. Rondo needs to be called out & traded soon if he can't handle this professionally or agree to be more accountable on Defense! Its just a reality check to make Rondo shape up before we ship him out.

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 12:10:23 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Nobody should ever score 40 on Rondo period!!! He is 6'1 super long arms, big strong hands & very Athletic & quick. So with that said, letting another PG your size with less PHYSICAL GIFTS dominate you on 1 side of the ball is a total lack of effort. Rondo needs to be called out & traded soon if he can't handle this professionally or agree to be more accountable on Defense! Its just a reality check to make Rondo shape up before we ship him out.

Irving is one of the best scorers in the game of basketball. He hit some really difficult shots in that game too.

You can't tell the best defensive player to stop Jordan from scoring when Jordan is feeling it.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 12:14:08 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!
Bradley is a good defender but Uncle Drew is a better scorer. He can drop 40 on anyone.

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 12:36:21 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Makes sense... thank you.

Yes.  Thank you!  Just as I suspected, not a big deal and people making a mountain out of a molehill. 

« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 12:38:15 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
you have to admit thats a very confident tweet avery made. I like the tweet because it says a lot about how he prides his defense

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 12:41:31 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown

Irving is one of the best scorers in the game of basketball. He hit some really difficult shots in that game too.

You can't tell the best defensive player to stop Jordan from scoring when Jordan is feeling it.
Don't ever mention Irving in the same sentence as Jordan! Plus MJ was 6'6 & always the player with the best physical gifts! You Rondo heads need to quit making excuses for him. If Kyrie had scored 40 on Gerald Green you would be wanting him to be released. Now that's honesty!

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 01:12:40 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Oh for petes sake, does every little comment need negatively scrutinized?  This is a non issue, let it go.

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 01:19:58 AM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Oh for petes sake, does every little comment need negatively scrutinized?  This is a non issue, let it go.
Im not trying to be negative at all, I just think Rondo's style of playing when he wants to is getting old. The Celtics need playoff Rondo for 82 games. It's not hard to play hard eveey night, it just takes EFFORT & DESIRE.

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2013, 01:23:35 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
What bothers me is that it is only 48 minutes of basketball. given that the level of play is far greater than any that we have played in our lives but come on they are well-conditioned athletes. Why can't they give full effort everynight when they play?

Its not like they will die if they give full effort for 48 minutes. hell, if i had the paycheck they have i'd give my all every minute of that 48 minute period.

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;